Clive Walford out.

Advertisement
his draft stock will take a hit. He may have been a 2nd rounder, will probably slip to 4th or 5th. Someone is going to get a steal.

**** anyone who thought he checked himself out of the game.

Hopefully he can get right by pro day.

Is it partial? Didn't flowers come back to somewhat own FSU just 2-3 weeks after surgery?

Warlord could be fine by combines and still be first TE off the board.

Its not that serious I don't think....as say a ACL. He should be ready by the combine I think off the top of my head

Advertisement
It won't impact his draft stock at all and he should be at full strength by the combine, it's and MCL, not an ACL. The combine is late February this year and even with surgery he will be fully recovered by mid January.

his draft stock will take a hit. He may have been a 2nd rounder, will probably slip to 4th or 5th. Someone is going to get a steal.

It won't impact his draft stock at all and he should be at full strength by the combine, it's and MCL, not an ACL. The combine is late February this year and even with surgery he will be fully recovered by mid January.

This. He will be the first TE off the board IMO.

I am sickened for that kid. Busted his *** to go from a no name prospect to one of the best TEs in the country. Doesn't get to play in a bowl game in his last game.....no justice. Yeah it's a ****** bowl but he experience would have been nice for him. Oh well get healed up and move on to bigger things.

Advertisement
**** bowl games that don't mean ****.

Thank god it's the MCL and not the ACL.

I still haven't recovered from watching Cooper tear his ACL in a meaningless bowl game that pretty much ended his career. More damage can occur in a meaningless bowl game than good.

Flowers was miniscus which is minor. Any ligament damage is going to take time to heal. This is a bummer for a special football player initially. I hope he is Frank Gore who overcame injuries to have his big paydays.

who gives a sht about that? I'm betting he'd be the best TE of the class. period. who cares where he's taken?

I think he is playing in the senior bowl, so he should get healthy for that. His tape is good luckily it wasn't an ACL

Advertisement

good to know so many doctors post on this board. i feel healthier

Advertisement
Saddest sight of that game was Walford limping to the bench and having his knee wrapped in ice. I kept an eye on the situation throughout. By that point the outcome of the game already seemed obvious, with Pittsburgh able to run smack at us.

Walford was helped toward the locker room even as the game continued. Initially not many spectators noticed it until the fans low in the end zone saw Walford approaching and gave him an extended standing ovation as he walked toward the tunnel.

He improved his agility, awareness, intensity and hands the past three seasons. So rare in this program.

Hey, at least it wasn't an ACL. He'll still be drafted. I hope the Phins pick him up. Did well for himself and his family.

"The sources told the Post that Walford did not tear his MCL, but would have surgery this week to repair his meniscus, a less-significant surgery."

http://caneswatch.blog.palmbeachpos...ve-walford-in-doubt-for-hurricanes-bowl-game/

Less significant surgery but much worse long-term injury. MCL's usually heal on their own. Menisci post surgery are shortened. Long-term much greater risk for early arthritis etc. If a peripheral meniscal injury he's young enough it may heal on its own however if that meniscus is shortened he would much rather have a mcl injury. They frequently go together and he might have a mcl sprain which would heal over a few weeks in the absence of a high grade tear

Advertisement
Back