Clint Ports Bankruptcy

Advertisement
SHOCKED .... uhhh, no I'm not. These guys are idiots when it comes to money. Mostly it boils down to the fact that they think that paycheck is going to keep on rolling in forever.

SHOCKED .... uhhh, no I'm not. These guys are idiots when it comes to money. Mostly it boils down to the fact that they think that paycheck is going to keep on rolling in forever.

Who is "These guys"? Because if you're referring to most of the cane alumnus, you're out of your mind to think the majority is bad with money.

Advertisement
He made like $45 mil in his career. Even after taxes and agent fees you'd think he'd have a decent amount of assets left. Was he another Rosenhaus client?

Its absolutely absurd that so many professional athletes end up poor or just middle class by the end of their lives.

College teams should make a few personal finance, marketing, and introductory economics classes mandatory for student athletes irrespective of their majors.

Why should he worry about debt..The Fl. Bankruptcy laws will let him skate but somebody else will suffer over this, not Portis...There's a guy in the Republican Party, running for President, who declared bankruptcy four times to the tune of $3.4-$1.7-$1.8 billion and $550 million. Portis is much faster than him, so I would think he skates right through this matter....

Advertisement
Man, leave the guy alone. Why publicize a great Cane's terrible troubles like this?

Unless he owes you money and you want to air him out for it leave him alone. I'm sure it's pretty embarrassing for him.

Advertisement
Actually most people are unaware of the risk of living too long. You buy annuities to protect yourself from that risk. I retired the first time at age 29. If I had just died at 40 everything would have been fine. Just my luck I didn't. Smart players with worthwhile advisers would take some income as deferred compensation of some sort with stream of payments starting later in life. Then again, it is a lot more fun to spend money when you are young than when you are old.

Advertisement
Why should he worry about debt..The Fl. Bankruptcy laws will let him skate but somebody else will suffer over this, not Portis...There's a guy in the Republican Party, running for President, who declared bankruptcy four times to the tune of $3.4-$1.7-$1.8 billion and $550 million. Portis is much faster than him, so I would think he skates right through this matter....

Personal vs business is different...

Way to show a complete misunderstanding of how bankruptcy laws work in this country. Comparing a business to an individual, good try.

It's a combination of a lot of things. Bad money management and being too nice. It's amazing how much "family" you have when you have money

Advertisement
Back