Clint Hurtt as DC??

Advertisement
Has developed Josh Allen into being a top tier QB should be good enough right
Sarcasm, I just don't understand the hate for Hurtt...

Personally I am perfectly fine with whomever Cristobal hires to fill his staff.

Sometimes I play along with the nutcase class on this message board.

If it’s not Schumann, Belk, or Mason in that order it’ll be a massive disappointment for this board
Some folks wouldn't be happy waking up completely financially independent, surrounded by whom (or whatever) their sexual preferences are...and totally willing, world peace on the horizon, etc., etc....unless they were served a **** sandwich for breakfast on that same morning

Advertisement
thanks!

idk man, it doenst sound like Schumann is gonna make the change but who knows. id prefer to go with Schumann over hurt if were gonna go the inexperienced play caller route
Doesn't sound like Muschamp is going to delegate play calling in that scenario. Maybe if Schumann wants to call plays there's a chance he would come.

This is why I'm fond of Belk

Schumann has rode the coat tails of Kirby and has helped buy the best players in the nation beating inferior talent each and every week. Then they face Bama and get smoked

Doug Belk is growing on me because he's doing things with average comparable talent to the teams they face

From the get go I wanted Jim Knowles badly. Ohio state got him quick though
See that’s solid reasoning. I like Belk, too. I tend to lean towards the guys that’s capable of doing more with less. Jus sayin.

Huh? As people have said numerous times in this thread:

(1) We may hire a coach for a job he's never performed before. We have no idea how he'll perform. He could be great. He could also suck. He's a huge unknown.

(2) But we do know, on average, how first-time OCs and first-time DCs generally fare, and the data is not great. Only a small percentage of OCs and DCs become very good/elite. The vast majority of first-time OCs/DCs are pretty average/fail. Statistically speaking, Hurtt is more likely to be average/bad than he is to be very good/elite.

Do these qualify as reasons?

Yep Reaction GIF by C H A R L Ö T T E

Advertisement
Advertisement
I suspect fangio will be reuiniting with jim harbaugh once he takes the raiders job
As a broncos fan..thats my biggest fear, him going to a division rival is likely. Reid might let spags go, staley is vic’s protege, harbaugh raiders. Gonna be sick if those happen

I wouldn’t think Hurtt would be real candidate anyhow with his parts in the Nevin Scandel. Not that long ago either.

Advertisement
I would not be thrilled if he is hired. But, at least he is not a first time DC like Manny hired. Oh wait……….

Advertisement
Back