Clint Hurtt as DC??

Advertisement
This would be a horrible hire. Mario reportedly has a huge budget at his disposal so I have trouble believing he would go with someone with absolutely zero experience at the position.

Revisionist history, my brother, mixed in w/ Orange & Green shades w/ a splash of being an alum, & voila...Hurricane Spin Drank. Lol

Idgaf if he’s an alum or not, we have tangible proof that he’s not a good position coach, so why would we go this route? B/c he’s a recruiter? Fine, put him in as an analyst or Assistant Coaching position; but, DC??! FOH w/ that bull chit.
Like we werent good when he was the DL coach right? Am I missing something here?

No Way What GIF by Film Riot

Advertisement
This would be a horrible hire. Mario reportedly has a huge budget at his disposal so I have trouble believing he would go with someone with absolutely zero experience at the position.

Sorry, is this post about Schulmann or Hurtt? Because an objective person might not know. Has either even been a DC and called plays? No? Oh.

I find it interesting that one is a somewhat experienced college coach who doesn't call plays and the other is a more experienced NFL coach who doesn't call plays, yet one is the answer and the other one would be the worst thing that ever happened to Miami.

An objective person would probably think we have it backwards. I think people see the "DC" in Co-DC and they somehow think that makes him an experienced DC. We certainly learned that this board does not understand what the various titles mean in the other thread.

Hurtt being AHC for an NFL team carries more weight in the industry, I can tell you that much. Working side by side with Pete Carroll for years is no joke.

Now is my point that Hurtt is a better choice than Schulman? No. Honestly, this is a high level eval. I guess my point is we are ridiculous.

Last edited:
I feel It would be a home run.
The connects he has in South Florida plus the last 5 years he can say and show NFL production.
Elite recruiter as well.
Timing makes sense as the Seahawks season ends today.

So if this article is to be believed, it's unlikely we hire Schumann because he hasn't called plays, but it's "fifty-fifty" we hire Clint Hurtt even though he also hasn't called plays.

If you're going to make bull**** up, at least not have it be self-contradictory.
They have no clue who he is hiring. Zero. I'm ok with that because that means there is an actual search and not the staff has been set for weeks talk.

Advertisement
2 things. Schumann has more recent experience being around an elite collegiate defense which is why people tend to rank him more highly. Also Hurtt, like Dorsey, suffers from Miami bias. The very reason he'd be in consideration for the position here is the reason people dismiss him. I'd be uncomfortable if he were the pick but the emotional vitriol against him is probably an overreaction.

Advertisement
2 things. Schumann has more recent experience being around an elite collegiate defense which is why people tend to rank him more highly. Also Hurtt, like Dorsey, suffers from Miami bias. The very reason he'd be in consideration for the position here is the reason people dismiss him. I'd be uncomfortable if he were the pick but the emotional vitriol against him is probably an overreaction.
I’m not in favor of Hurtt at all but Mario did look at him last year too. So he may want guys he knows but seems like he’d hire for reasons other coming back to Miami.

Advertisement
I mean Mario has let limited info out and maybe this is one of those false rumors to get media goinf in wrong direction
For what reason?

Everything we’ve been told is he’s doing this the professional way. What net positive is there of playing misdirection with the media, when it’s been said here the OC/DC has been done?

Folks, we got our three-layer ice cream in MD gone, MC hired and Rad hired. The rest is all toppings, sprinkles and nuts. Don’t sweat the details, I tell ya!

Advertisement
Back