Clemson throw back screen

We scored twice against Pitt in the same game with the same passing concept and now we are the stupid ones for not stopping a trick play.

We ran that same concept against Oklahoma State and almost scored again.

I dont get parts of this fanbase ****ting on players for every little thing. If you were fans of a team lining up against Oklahoma, you would be fuming all the time about them not being able to stop Counter Trey. Jesus...

Advertisement
Agreed. A running QB puts fear into a defense like no other. We saw Lashlee do things last year where he set up those QB fakes for big gains by using the same look on King's designed runs. Even when King's runs went no where, defenses still had to react to it.
Oklahoma State started staying at home when Perry came in and they would just give him an easy 8-10 yard run because they were too concerned about him dropping a pass over their heads if they came up to stop him.

Those ****ers cheated and have been for years. We ALL know now. It’s going to be a different clemson now. **** them

Advertisement
Did it work for us?

No.

I still appreciated the attempt and it made feel a lot better about Lashlee. He was not my favorite guy after the Clemson game.

Covid hindered him a lot though. I was worried he was reverting to aMalzahn offense without being under Dyke’s system. The spring game showed me that he believes in that passing game, he just needed time.

We will be MUCH sharper executing this year. I hope he gets even more creative attacking the middle of the field.

It's a fricking trick play. You're not going to have enough time to teach the scout team offense every possible trick play every team can run.

They usually work against aggressively coached defenses because the heavy pursuit takes you right out of the play.

If the play is in your own playbook it's much easier to defend because you see it more often than not.

Not sure the point of your post because it didn't make a lick of sense.
its a trick play that if you are discipline you should be in your gap

Advertisement
What game did we run this??

Can’t remember. It was after Clemson though.

I distinctly remember it because it failed, but showed me Lashlee was willing to try different things and that his play calling would probably be a lot better with more practice.

Everybody had to deal with the pandemic, but the vast majority of teams were not installing brand new offenses. It made his first year tough, but we were still vastly improved.

I will look for it and post if I find it.

DL should know better when the flippin' OL don't even come out of their stance. Better attention to detail is needed all around from Manny. The signs are promising in 2021 (new U patch on jersey collar, hiring Shoop, Robinson, Simpson) but need to see it on the field.

DL should know better when the flippin' OL don't even come out of their stance. Better attention to detail is needed all around from Manny. The signs are promising in 2021 (new U patch on jersey collar, hiring Shoop, Robinson, Simpson) but need to see it on the field.

Coaching/teaching matters. Yes, 'gadget' plays work, yes play-calling can set up big plays.

But under Baker, lets just say we didnt always look very well prepared..

Both can be true

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back