Clemson should fire Dabo

CIS needs to hire either twitter or facebooks censors so we do not have to see this junk. What would happen next week if Miami had to start a freshman QB instead of King? Maybe developing players is a good idea.
Can't develop community college material. They also develop because they get the BEST players.

Advertisement
Hopefully Manny grows as a coach the way Dabo did. Ultimately his success will be determined by the coaches he surrounds himself with.
Maybe a Venables (great coach who doesn't have aspirations of becoming a head coach) can fall into his lap.

I hope Manny grows as a coach as well, not because I really like him, but we aren't going to get anywhere if we have a new coach every 2 to 3 years.

The situations are not comparable.

You're sarcastically trying to show how ridiculous Canes fans were for criticizing Manuelito after a win I get it...

Here's the difference:
1. Dabo has 2 National championships
2. Clemson hasn't lost a game in 2 years & hasn't lost a game at home in 4 years.
3. Clemson has made the playoffs in every year of the CFBP except for the very first year.
4. They were starting a TF QB in his first start ever & had multiple Defensive starters out for the game
5. Dabo has 2 National Championships
I agree with everything you're saying here. Just remember you're comparing a coach that has been a head coach for his team for 13 years and another who is in his second year.
Dabo first year 9-5, second year 6-7, 3rd year 10-4

Now I'm NOT comparing the 2 as coaches because Dabo is one the greatest to ever coach at this rate. But Manny is still in the early stages. So lets let the year play out since were 5-1.

A massively over talented team failed to blow out Boston College. Clemson was LOSING at half time!!!!!! This is clearly a failure of the head coach to establish discipline necessary to win.

I personally, am offended that Dabo wasn’t scrot punching his players n the first quarter. (That’s what Butch would have done. I heard he actually did this from my sisters, ex boyfriends cousin. fo real)

Fakebo and the AD need to be fired!!!!

I know they are undefeated, but I have seen this before. This is just like when Coker almost lost to Rutgers. The dynasty is OVER!!!!!!

Fire Dabo now. (You heard it here first)
Good points

Advertisement
The situations are not comparable.

You're sarcastically trying to show how ridiculous Canes fans were for criticizing Manuelito after a win I get it...

Here's the difference:
1. Dabo has 2 National championships
2. Clemson hasn't lost a game in 2 years & hasn't lost a game at home in 4 years.
3. Clemson has made the playoffs in every year of the CFBP except for the very first year.
4. They were starting a TF QB in his first start ever & had multiple Defensive starters out for the game
5. Dabo has 2 National Championships

There's more, but it's not necessary to keep listing.

Are some Miami fans ridiculous for being hypercritical after a win? Sure. Especially considering how bad we've been over the years, but is it smart to constantly try to compare everything Clemson does to Miami? No, no it's not smart at all, because A) we're not as good as Clemson & B) we don't spend the kinda money they do on recruiting.

There are very little if any parallels at all between Clemson & Miami, that's just the reality, Manny is not the second coming of Dabo & Miami is not going to reach Clemson's level of success anytime soon, those are just the facts.

Let's just enjoy the season as is & hope we win as much as we can & take everything one game at a time instead of always trying to make these grand declarations about some false Clemson/Miami comparison that simply doesn't exist.

Everything you posted is 100% correct.

But I absolutely know the major underlying difference between Miami and the big time programs is that Miami doesn’t have a sufficient network of committed boosters with sufficient funds to compete in the shadow spending war that is college football. We are nowhere close.

It’s a spending race, and we are nowhere close to the big boys. Not even in the same ballpark. The money needed to operate this is money that doesn’t come from the visible athletic general revenue fund, it’s back door money, and it’s a lot of money, and our booster base is a weak imitation of schools like Clemson, Georgia, and Alabama, or even Florida.

We don’t make enough revenue on the top end visible side, like the big boys, and we don’t generate the big invisible backdoor operating funds.

If you don’t understand this, you clearly don’t understand what is going on in college football,

Last edited:
Coaching is OVERRATED.

Coaches are basically overpaid cheerleaders.

Football is won or lost by PLAYERS, not coaches. It's not even about development. No man can "develop" another man. It's all about what's inside you and how much work you're willing to put in on your own time to perfect your OWN self and craft.

And I hate to go there, but I will... the ONLY reason we pump coaches up so much is because of covert racism. Society wants to give credit to a (usually) old white man when young black men are doing most of the work. Alabama doesn't win because of Nick Saban. Clemson doesn't win because of Dabo. Those teams win because of the athletes those programs are able to recruit.

And when a major program DOES hire a black coach, it's always with the shortest leash, and in the worst circumstances, and with the worst support.
It's bad enough we don't pay the players, while the coaches make several millions. Then we want to give the coaches all the credit for what the players themselves are doing. When you give credit to coaches, you're basically taking that credit (and blame) away from the players.

No coach "developed" Ed Reed. No coach "developed" Michael Irvin. Or Ray Lewis. The great players were gonna be great no matter where they went.

I know that's gonna cause some controversy, but I'm just speaking truth as I see it.
So it’s YOUR truth, not the truth.

Advertisement
Coaching is OVERRATED.

Coaches are basically overpaid cheerleaders.

Football is won or lost by PLAYERS, not coaches. It's not even about development. No man can "develop" another man. It's all about what's inside you and how much work you're willing to put in on your own time to perfect your OWN self and craft.

And I hate to go there, but I will... the ONLY reason we pump coaches up so much is because of covert racism. Society wants to give credit to a (usually) old white man when young black men are doing most of the work. Alabama doesn't win because of Nick Saban. Clemson doesn't win because of Dabo. Those teams win because of the athletes those programs are able to recruit.

And when a major program DOES hire a black coach, it's always with the shortest leash, and in the worst circumstances, and with the worst support.
It's bad enough we don't pay the players, while the coaches make several millions. Then we want to give the coaches all the credit for what the players themselves are doing. When you give credit to coaches, you're basically taking that credit (and blame) away from the players.

No coach "developed" Ed Reed. No coach "developed" Michael Irvin. Or Ray Lewis. The great players were gonna be great no matter where they went.

I know that's gonna cause some controversy, but I'm just speaking truth as I see it.

I agree about the Black Coach part, they have the shortest leash and get booted quick but the rest is the dumbest s#!+ I heard today. Players matter, development of players matter, and coaching matters. It’s literally why we’ve been stuck in a rut for 20 years. Can’t get good players, because coaching sucks. When we get good players they aren’t developed properly. It’s cyclical.
Please, give these post some thought son.

A massively over talented team failed to blow out Boston College. Clemson was LOSING at half time!!!!!! This is clearly a failure of the head coach to establish discipline necessary to win.

I personally, am offended that Dabo wasn’t scrot punching his players n the first quarter. (That’s what Butch would have done. I heard he actually did this from my sisters, ex boyfriends cousin. fo real)

Fakebo and the AD need to be fired!!!!

I know they are undefeated, but I have seen this before. This is just like when Coker almost lost to Rutgers. The dynasty is OVER!!!!!!

Fire Dabo now. (You heard it here first)
boombox shut up GIF

Gonna be an onslaught of mongoloids trying to equate Mabo to Dabo and Sabag for the rest of the time he's here. Every time a guy who's won a few NCs has a close game, we're going to hear how he should be fired because, of course, Mabo deserves the same benefit of the doubt that guys like ***** and Sabag, who have won multiple NCs.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back