Clemson Recruiting 2019

The ****riders in '19+ will continue to all go to one of the top 3 schools that bag, regardless of location.
The weak, front running culture could possibly benefit us with all the talent down here if we can siphon them all in when we're hot... Just wonder if the ****riders would turn down a bag to ride the Miami wave, or if it would matter.

Advertisement
How much does Clemson spend? They're not in the top 25 in revenue, per Forbes. Where have you seen that they spend a lot? I know they have great facilities and pay their coordinators well, but wondering if you've seen their total spend numbers anywhere.

Source: https://www.forbes.com/sites/chriss...e-footballs-most-valuable-teams/#b6ff7e76c647

A lot. They basically spend every dime they take in. Most schools don't.
I don't think that link includes their boosters. Clemson has an elite booster game. I think they were actually the first school to ever do it. And a few years ago they basically had their Bear Bryant moment and gathered them all up and said, "It's time to SPEND."

"In fiscal 2017 — which started in July and runs through next July — Clemson athletics and IPTAY are projected to earn a combined $145.8 million and spend $145.7 million. Just two years ago, both those figures were about $101 million."

I don't think that link includes their boosters. Clemson has an elite booster game. I think they were actually the first school to ever do it. And a few years ago they basically had their Bear Bryant moment and gathered them all up and said, "It's time to SPEND."

"In fiscal 2017 — which started in July and runs through next July — Clemson athletics and IPTAY are projected to earn a combined $145.8 million and spend $145.7 million. Just two years ago, both those figures were about $101 million."

This guy gets it. It amazes me how many people misunderstand what has happened at Clemson so drastically. I don't like Dabo, but in saying this I don't mean to take away any credit from him either. It took at minimum a reasonably competent hand at the wheel to build that program up the way it has been, but this all started in that era at the end of the Tommy Bowden regime, when they realized that hiring Bobby's son wasn't going to get them anywhere. Keep in mind that program is deep in SEC country, next door to UGA and was once the younger step-brother to the Gamecocks.

Their boosters finally decided sometime around 2006-2008 that they could either keep getting beat by the SEC and hold their heads up high knowing that they weren't cheating like the SEC, or they could join them and play the game just like the SEC. We all know now which choice they made.

They started by putting the commitment into coaching salaries and committing to getting the best coaches money could buy, supporting them with fancy plans for facility upgrades, top-notch travel accommodations, and of course, "community outreach" and recruiting support.

Clemson decided to spend, and spend they did.

Advertisement

Interesting, thanks. Can you share the source on that if you don't mind? Looks like you C/P from somewhere

I'm impressed by their commitment to winning. Dont care how they do it. They have to pay for kids to spend 3-4 yrs in SC. We have kids hitting us up to see what Miami is like in the winter. Even with disappointing seasons we still have kids from all over the country interested.

That said, we dont need to throw bags everywhere to get quality players. We need to stop running an outdated O, win, win, win big, and put guys in the NFL.

This.

if it wasn't for bag money, do you think any kid from South Florida would get close enough to Tuscaloosa, Athens GA, or Clemson to even fart in their general direction?

Don't think so.

UM has such a natural advantage over those schools, that if we can shore up the two missing puzzle pieces: (a) great relationships with SFLA coaches and community, and (b) a killer (winning) product on the field, then the power of the bags is deflected.

Not 100%, because there will always be the swill milling about the sewer, but it will be enough to keep us from having to sit around with our di*ks in our hands.

Just win baby!!

Advertisement
... and a 3 star, Tennison, just decommitted from us after a Clemson offer?
Makes you wonder if his offer was commit-able and if it was not why decommit.
Clemson gonna Clemson though.

Clemson is a school that doesn’t care if a player is a 3 star, if the eval says otherwise they’ll pursue regardless. Last year they signed 15 three star players and 1 two star.

Oh look, another thread blowing Clempsen

Clemson is a school that doesn’t care if a player is a 3 star, if the eval says otherwise they’ll pursue regardless. Last year they signed 15 three star players and 1 two star.

Completely agree but the thread started as Clemson was full. I do not follow Clemson recruiting at all so seemed very odd to me that a 3 star decommitted from us for possibly Clemson.

My brother goes to Clemson. Boosters spend big bucks on football....students barely get to watch the games lol. It's all about winning and it comes from the top with money. It's gotten more exclusive after Watson won that first title....Plenty of rich backgrounds as well at clemson....

Advertisement
CBs rolling in for Flowe. Top 4 prospects in the nation likely to Clemson? Has anyone ever seen anything like that?

Attachments

• IMG_4173.jpeg
    IMG_4173.jpeg
    160.9 KB · Views: 108
My brother goes to Clemson. Boosters spend big bucks on football....students barely get to watch the games lol. It's all about winning and it comes from the top with money. It's gotten more exclusive after Watson won that first title....Plenty of rich backgrounds as well at clemson....

The have unlimited money. And they are absolutely cleaning up on the trail.

Advertisement
CBs rolling in for Flowe. Top 4 prospects in the nation likely to Clemson? Has anyone ever seen anything like that?
**** man, that’s ****** ridiculous. I knew about flowe from checking 247 the last couple days but I didn’t realize they basically got the top 4 prospects in the country locked up. Smh I’ve never seen bama do that, or us and fsu in our heydays do that. Thats gonna be tough to compete against.

Last edited:
This guy gets it. It amazes me how many people misunderstand what has happened at Clemson so drastically. I don't like Dabo, but in saying this I don't mean to take away any credit from him either. It took at minimum a reasonably competent hand at the wheel to build that program up the way it has been, but this all started in that era at the end of the Tommy Bowden regime, when they realized that hiring Bobby's son wasn't going to get them anywhere. Keep in mind that program is deep in SEC country, next door to UGA and was once the younger step-brother to the Gamecocks.

Their boosters finally decided sometime around 2006-2008 that they could either keep getting beat by the SEC and hold their heads up high knowing that they weren't cheating like the SEC, or they could join them and play the game just like the SEC. We all know now which choice they made.

They started by putting the commitment into coaching salaries and committing to getting the best coaches money could buy, supporting them with fancy plans for facility upgrades, top-notch travel accommodations, and of course, "community outreach" and recruiting support.

Clemson decided to spend, and spend they did.
Agree with everything you’ve said here man except for the part of them ever being USC little step brother. Clemson has always even in there down years been the premier football program in that state. Remember they have some history and tradition with that 81 national championship they won. Not only has usc never won a national championship but they’ve never even won the sec In there history.

Agree with everything you’ve said here man except for the part of them ever being USC little step brother. Clemson has always even in there down years been the premier football program in that state. Remember they have some history and tradition with that 81 national championship they won. Not only has usc never won a national championship but they’ve never even won the sec In there history.

Yea Clemson leads the all-time series 70-42-4. Lol

Advertisement
Back