Clemson lost it crown yesterday..

Advertisement
Clemson's problem is they lot Etienne. that guy made more plays for them the last four years than anyone. How many times did he bail them out.

I am really tired of Dan Orlovsky just sitting on his keyboard and getting in front of camera and just ripping coaches. Go ahead Dan and get into coaching if you know it all.

Advertisement
Everyone liked to point out how they never had offensive linemen drafted. Now you're seeing the end result of that. Also, why was it such a big deal that Etienne was returning in 2020? Because they had nobody behind him to step up.

I don't know if this is just a blip for them or if they had to start being more careful because of the NCAA, but it sure exposes the impact that top notch recruiting has on a team's performance.
I think the opposite is true, in the long run anyway. Etienne coming back hurt them more than it helped. They didn’t need him to win the conference last year, but him staying put Mellusi and Bowman on the bench. Neither of them are there anymore. That left the cupboard bare. If Etienne didn’t come back I think Bowman would’ve started and never left and Mellusi would’ve gotten enough carries to stay. Them with Shipley would’ve been another deadly combo back there. Not saying they would’ve beaten UGA, bc that O line is awful, but it would help against ACC teams.

I think the opposite is true, in the long run anyway. Etienne coming back hurt them more than it helped. They didn’t need him to win the conference last year, but him staying put Mellusi and Bowman on the bench. Neither of them are there anymore. That left the cupboard bare. If Etienne didn’t come back I think Bowman would’ve started and never left and Mellusi would’ve gotten enough carries to stay. Them with Shipley would’ve been another deadly combo back there. Not saying they would’ve beaten UGA, bc that O line is awful, but it would help against ACC teams.
Makes sense, but I'd be willing to bet Dabo encouraged Etienne to stay. What does that say about his confidence in the young guys and his ability to evaluate?

**** QB for my Lions
ezgif.com-gif-maker (1).gif

Had to do it.

Advertisement
Makes sense, but I'd be willing to bet Dabo encouraged Etienne to stay. What does that say about his confidence in the young guys and his ability to evaluate?
He for sure begged him to stay. They wanted a run at a title and instead it backfired.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back