Clemson lost it crown yesterday..

Advertisement
They have a very thin roster right now. Only 75 scholarship players. They may have lost both Bresee and Shipley to ACL injuries yesterday. Tyler Davis already out. Their super senior LB Skalski also left the game with an "upper body" injury.

They have one real back up QB - Taison P. who is just back from an Achilles tear.

Their senior back up RB- Lyn J Dixon - just entered the portal. RB Chez Mellusi transferred out at the beginning of the season and now starts for Wisconsin. Now Shipley's out, that position is thin.

They miss Trevor and Travis big time... DJ is just not the same QB

Imagine Manny winning the ACC in such a down year with 3-4 losees, new QB while on the brink of getting fired.

Advertisement
They NEVER recruited that spot well.

They run a gimmicky offense...they get the ball out quickly...seems like the current qb doesnt process as fast...

THEY ARENT GOING ANYWHERE.
True

I think the bigger issue is that they can’t run the ball at all.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Everyone liked to point out how they never had offensive linemen drafted. Now you're seeing the end result of that. Also, why was it such a big deal that Etienne was returning in 2020? Because they had nobody behind him to step up.

I don't know if this is just a blip for them or if they had to start being more careful because of the NCAA, but it sure exposes the impact that top notch recruiting has on a team's performance.

RBs have been marginalized both in college and NFL b/c of a reliance on the passing game, but look what a good RB does for an offense. I thought DJ looked really, really good last year but I guess that was the Etienne factor.

Advertisement
Back