Clemson line 8-10?

This is one of those games that will go 1 of 2 ways: Clemson humiliates us; or it's a 4th quarter game. Clemson can get that rock slide going on you quickly, and teams tend to give up because they feel overwhelmed. If we can avoid that mindset of fear or giving up, then we can trade with them.

Let's not forget, Clemson has had several games over the last few years against spread teams where they've struggled and/or lost. If UNC can play a final possession game with them so can we, but we have to weather whatever storm might come and not give up.

Advertisement
Anything over 17 and im all in. Also depends on how Clemson looks this weekend too. But you gotta remember while perception is reality, Clemson hasn’t played a full game yet and vegas isn’t the public. They don’t care about struggling in the second half without Lawrence and Etienne
In a roundabout way, Vegas does care about perception. The thing to always keep in mind with the line is that it represents a hypothetical equilibrium.....it is NOT Vegas' prediction on the outcome of the actual game. It's what Vegas interprets public perception to be that will drive equal betting on both sides.

What is the guess on the O/U?? I was thinking in the 63-65 range. But admittedly, I am not a big gambler so I could be talking out my as$.

Advertisement
This is one of those games that will go 1 of 2 ways: Clemson humiliates us; or it's a 4th quarter game. Clemson can get that rock slide going on you quickly, and teams tend to give up because they feel overwhelmed. If we can avoid that mindset of fear or giving up, then we can trade with them.

Let's not forget, Clemson has had several games over the last few years against spread teams where they've struggled and/or lost. If UNC can play a final possession game with them so can we, but we have to weather whatever storm might come and not give up.
TAMU was another one at clemson

Advertisement
Advertisement
In a roundabout way, Vegas does care about perception. The thing to always keep in mind with the line is that it represents a hypothetical equilibrium.....it is NOT Vegas' prediction on the outcome of the actual game. It's what Vegas interprets public perception to be that will drive equal betting on both sides.
Exactly. When people point to the spread and say “Vegas thinks the game will be close”. No they don’t. Vegas is assuming the gambling public will think the game is going to be close. As stated earlier, their job isn’t to predict a winner but to get as close to even money as possible.

I betting spread and Miami money.

No big money. I’ve won enough off Miami for the year.

$100 for the spread and $100 for the moneyline just in case the football gods come through.

I wonder what the + money will be for the moneyline? +1200?
Same here Miami has been very generous to me.

If its around a 2 TD favorite you only looking at what maybe +600

Not sure Vegas has bought in like we have. The nod goes to the former champs at home. Expecting a +16.5.
Clemson hasn't covered this year yet because their back-up can't put up points.
Going ATS is the call so far this year. I got burned by their first game, they were 49+ point favorites and won 49 points and put all those points up in 2.5 Quarters, was very annoying, was expecting more from DJ Ugaleilei.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back