Clemson - Hiring Riley from TCU

8EBCC654-B8A2-4D5A-AE77-551B20AE1058.gif

Advertisement
I hate to do it, but I have to give Dabo some credit. I think he got a little high on himself following all the success Clemson had. He was openly discussing that he prefers to hire from within. That may have been his own pride believing that he could plug anyone in a coordinator role and still succeed. That experiment failed, and he went out and hired one of the hotter OC candidates out there.

I can’t remember Gattis being discussed much let alone being the hottest OC in the country.
Again, you got me.

Riley and Gattis won the Bryles as OCs. Maybe you show us the "hot OC" polls to prove your point? And I guess we gave him, what $1.8 million as there was no market?

Or who was discussed as potential HC based on OC perceived results?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not championing Gattis. My original point is that this is a desperate hire by Dabo. Maybe it works, maybe not. But he is scrambling. Just look at Clemson's offensive performance metrics and recruiting.

Again, sorry folks, facts.

Last edited:
Advertisement
from my understanding... Garrett Riley has only called plays for one year

we'll see how he does when Sonny isn't around

Cálmate hombre😁

Ten un poco de paciencia!

Let's see how everything plays out...it took Mario til Feb last year to get his staff

Now after that....and it looks Gattis is staying... I'm with you lol 😁🤣
It took Mario until February last year because he wasn't hired until December of 2021. He's had a year plus on the job now.

Advertisement
Garrett Riley will be gone by next season… he’s a rising star..

Dabo will have to do this all over again next season.

Which is why I said as HC one of the hardest
Things to do isn’t so much recruiting and restocking talent but hiring good coordinators and position coaches because they are usually there less than a kid you recruit
It is 100% easier hiring coaches when your previous coordinators have a history of moving on to better jobs. If GR gets a head coaching job in a year or two OCs will be lining up to be the OC at Clemson.

Unfortunately we have the opposite problem

Advertisement
LCE was not kidnapped, he was told to shut up so he shut up...

I stepped away & let everyone go undisturbed without me causing any dissension amongst the people.

When I say something it’s a problem & then when I step away don’t say something it’s a problem, so idk what people want from me 🤷🏽‍♂️ Lol
#FREELCE

Advertisement
from my understanding... Garrett Riley has only called plays for one year

we'll see how he does when Sonny isn't around
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

One team went from 5-7 to 13-2 and finished the season ranked #2.

Another team went from 7-5 with a rising sophmore Heisman candidate at QB, started the season ranked 16th, and finished 5-7 with home losses to FSU (45-3) and to Middle Tennessee State.

I want whoever was calling plays for the first team pls!

Again, you got me.

Riley and Gattis won the Bryles as OCs. Maybe you show us the "hot OC" polls to prove your point? And I guess we gave him, what $1.8 million as there was no market?

Or who was discussed as potential HC based on OC perceived results?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not championing Gattis. My original point is that this is a desperate hire by Dabo. Maybe it works, maybe not. But he is scrambling. Just look at Clemson's offensive performance metrics and recruiting.

Again, sorry folks, facts.
I guess our definitions of “hot OC names” are different. Gattis wasn’t on anyone’s top 20 lists for the job. I don’t remember his name being brought up once as a candidate prior to the leaks that he was being looked at for the job. People got excited because we stole the OC from a playoff team.

There’s no comparison between Gattis after last season and Riley after this season IMO. Riley is the hottest name for OC vacancies right now. Gattis was never that.

At this point Gattis has cost us multiple recruits and transfers.

This is on Mario and the admin. Gattis fielded the worst offense Miami has statistically had since the 1970’s. This shouldn’t be a hard decision.

I guess that’s why Dabo wins and Miami continues to do Miami things like not accepting DT’s from Kentucky because of credits, and hanging on to failed coordinators because the head coach is hard headed.
Or promoting coordinators from a failed regime

Wow, you got me.

I offered no comment about Riley as an OC; I said this was a desperate hire by Dabo as he sees his offense, recruiting, and national relevance slip.

Gattis was the hottest OC in the country about this time last year. And?

Come back to this in two years. It will go fast.
I long for the days when 11 wins was characterized as slipping…

Advertisement
Back