Clemson Game Logistics/Suggestions

Tad Footeball

1996 Interim Big East Conference Commissioner
Premium
So my circle has for some reason decided to focus on the Clemson game road trip over TAMU right now and I've never made that trip so I'm looking for input.

As of now the consensus seems to be to go up late Thursday, leave Sunday and to stay in Greenville. This probably would allow time to do at least a little partying in Clemson as I like to hit up the actual college town at least for a bit on these trips.

Contemplating a stocked limo bus as gameday transport from Greenville to Clemson. Apparently they also will do the 100 mile run from Greenville to CLT as there is only one direct flight from South Florida to Greenville and the times on it are horrible. An itinerary with a connecting flight from Greenville is obviously an option too but I'm an alcoholic.

Thoughts/suggestions? Is Greenville the way to go? Hotel or AirBnB? Bars?

Advertisement
So my circle has for some reason decided to focus on the Clemson game road trip over TAMU right now and I've never made that trip so I'm looking for input.

As of now the consensus seems to be to go up late Thursday, leave Sunday and to stay in Greenville. This probably would allow time to do at least a little partying in Clemson as I like to hit up the actual college town at least for a bit on these trips.

Contemplating a stocked limo bus as gameday transport from Greenville to Clemson. Apparently they also will do the 100 mile run from Greenville to CLT as there is only one direct flight from South Florida to Greenville and the times on it are horrible. An itinerary with a connecting flight from Greenville is obviously an option too but I'm an alcoholic.

Thoughts/suggestions? Is Greenville the way to go? Hotel or AirBnB? Bars?

I would strongly suggest a hotel in downtown Greenville, somewhere along the river is very nice. There are multiple rooftop bars in places along Main Street and also along the Reedy River. One of the best ones is in the Embassy Suites on River Street.

The campus is very nice, the town of Clemson is very nice. However, on gameday, I would not try to go to The Smokin' Pig in Clemson, no matter what that ACC Network show says. You are better off hitting The Smokin' Pig in Easley on Friday (a lot of the best BBQ places are closed on Sunday).

If you need more specifics, send me a DM. I have some "favorite places" from Simpsonville up to Greenville and over towards Clemson. I'm sure some of the local folks can chime in too, but I lived up there (work/temporary) for almost a year, so I usually went out for lunch/dinner, more than usual. So I'm familiar with a ton of good spots.

Advertisement
I would strongly suggest a hotel in downtown Greenville, somewhere along the river is very nice. There are multiple rooftop bars in places along Main Street and also along the Reedy River. One of the best ones is in the Embassy Suites on River Street.

The campus is very nice, the town of Clemson is very nice. However, on gameday, I would not try to go to The Smokin' Pig in Clemson, no matter what that ACC Network show says. You are better off hitting The Smokin' Pig in Easley on Friday (a lot of the best BBQ places are closed on Sunday).

If you need more specifics, send me a DM. I have some "favorite places" from Simpsonville up to Greenville and over towards Clemson. I'm sure some of the local folks can chime in too, but I lived up there (work/temporary) for almost a year, so I usually went out for lunch/dinner, more than usual. So I'm familiar with a ton of good spots.
Smokin' Pig is FIRE :100:

Kinda a pain in the *** to get to and from Clemson on gameday...gonna be traffic, Uber prices will be high, etc...but regardless, staying in Greenville is the way to go. Just plan for some extra transit time getting into and out of town.

I don't remember where I stayed there the last time, but it was fine. Nothing fancy, but I didn't have to drive far to park near the stadium and tailgates my *** off. It's like any college town and what you make of it. I know there is no way in **** I would've made the hour drive unless I stayed sober.

Advertisement
"Contemplating a stocked limo bus as gameday transport from Greenville to Clemson."

I know a lot of people are overlooking the fact that you said this, but it's a good idea. Also, you should consider flights into Atlanta in addition to Charlotte, Greenville is roughly in the middle of those two cities on I-85.

From Greenville, I know that a lot of people are tempted to take 123 and/or 93 in from the east, but when I went to a couple of Clemson games with a co-worker, I believe that she drove farther south, and came into Clemson from the Pendleton direction (FYI, there is also a Smokin' Pig in Pendleton, though I've never gone to that one).

If you rent a limo bus, you can probably talk to the driver about possibly going down I-85 (as if you are going to Atlanta) and then take the 178 or the 76 exit and drive into Clemson from the south.

Getting out of the game? Good luck, hope that bus is fully stocked.

"Contemplating a stocked limo bus as gameday transport from Greenville to Clemson."

I know a lot of people are overlooking the fact that you said this, but it's a good idea. Also, you should consider flights into Atlanta in addition to Charlotte, Greenville is roughly in the middle of those two cities on I-85.

From Greenville, I know that a lot of people are tempted to take 123 and/or 93 in from the east, but when I went to a couple of Clemson games with a co-worker, I believe that she drove farther south, and came into Clemson from the Pendleton direction (FYI, there is also a Smokin' Pig in Pendleton, though I've never gone to that one).

If you rent a limo bus, you can probably talk to the driver about possibly going down I-85 (as if you are going to Atlanta) and then take the 178 or the 76 exit and drive into Clemson from the south.

Getting out of the game? Good luck, hope that bus is fully stocked.
Is it that bad? Like DRV PINK stadium bad ?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back