Clemson AD Dan Radakovich to be hired as AD Tomorrow

Advertisement
Advertisement
I grew up in Akron, in the Fairlawn area. But I've lived near the UM campus for the last 35+ years. It's getting cold up there this time of year.
love the fairlawn area, not sure what it was like 35 years ago but it's definitely the nicer suburb along with jackson and green. I stop there daily typically on way into work off of 77.

might move to that area here soon, and yes sir it's 29 degrees and snowing right now

If a grown man uses a slide but there's nobody left on his staff to think he's a clown....does it make a noise?

Screenshot_20211209-004045_YouTube.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Are all the people who were big mad Tom Jurich didn’t get the job happy now or have they already converted their “Gotta be mad about something” energy elsewhere?
Just wait until the staff gets announced. We already have multiple threads on the new strength and conditioning coach.

The thing that trips me out is the school that’s run the Acc over the past decade and only school to compete against alabama was run by a cane!!! Fellas we some bad mf’er lets recognize!!! Our sons have come home!!! Now we need bad rad to groom someone to step up when he’s done, he’s 63! #canes4life

Serious question, what are the tasks day to day of an AD?

You would break it down into the management of internal and external functions.

Internal includes leading and managing the internal departments and their functions, which includes the team activities (all the coaches and the teams they coach), Athletics administration (all of the resources, equipment, uniforms, facilities management needed for the teams to practice and play), Sports Information (all of the communications to the external world, such as the website, press releases, interviews with press, etc.), Academic support (meetings with players, tutoring, monitoring of academic progress, helping student-athletes to schedule classes and graduate), "Development" (fund-raising efforts that support both operating activities and capital expenditure activities, and interaction with the Hurricane Club), Ticket Sales (both for home games and organizing the sale and distribution for away games), Strength and Conditioning (hiring personnel and maintaining the various workout areas and medical staff to deal with injuries).

External includes the oversight of contractual and other arrangements dealing with the scheduling of games and competitions, handling the interactions with the ACC conference, overseeing TV and radio broadcast relationships, particularly for games that are not picked up under the ACC contractual arrangements (secondary and tertiary arrangements that may involve lesser media outlets such as Sunshine, Sports Channel Florida, local radio, etc.), dealing with any shoe contracts, apparel contracts, merchandising and sales arrangements, handling our external facilities arrangements (particularly with Hard Rock Stadium).

Oh, and in case it wasn't obvious, working with UM on the budget, and occasionally giving interviews to the local and national press.

If I left anything out, I apologize and people are welcome to add on, but I think that is a pretty good starting point.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back