Clements

Hegemon

Junior
Premium
Hits the hole harder than any RB for Miami I can remember in a long time.

Full speed after his first step.

I wish Grooms was on the team with Duke coming in. Nasty talent at RB even without Grooms. To think Devonta Freeman was dying to come to Miami.

Advertisement

I wish Grooms was on the team with Duke coming in. Nasty talent at RB even without Grooms. To think Devonta Freeman was dying to come to Miami.

That's not how I remember it. He was offered and committed to FSU before he even started a HS game, before anyone knew who he was. He was a 0 star guy when he committed. Then he became the best RB in the state and everyone offered him, including Miami.

That said, I like the way Clements runs the football. And I love how Golden rewards hard work, ie: Clements earning the short yardage back position.

Clements looks like he has a dead leg when he runs a la Javarris James. I like the kid but I don't think that he is gonna be special.
if Lamar Miller leaves this year we are gonna really struggle at RB until we find a legit NFL type back

Agreed. I think i've said it on here before, but Clements first step is explosive. He would make for a great point guard in basketball at getting into the paint. Fortunately he plays football for us and has the potential to be an awesome running back.

Advertisement
That's not how I remember it. He was offered and committed to FSU before he even started a HS game, before anyone knew who he was. He was a 0 star guy when he committed. Then he became the best RB in the state and everyone offered him, including Miami.

That said, I like the way Clements runs the football. And I love how Golden rewards hard work, ie: Clements earning the short yardage back position.

You remember wrong friend.

He seems to have good vision, an area where Lamar is a bit lacking. Too bad he doesn't have the sick top end speed that Lamar has.

Clements looks like he has a dead leg when he runs a la Javarris James. I like the kid but I don't think that he is gonna be special.
if Lamar Miller leaves this year we are gonna really struggle at RB until we find a legit NFL type back

We shouldn't struggle at RB if Miller leaves. The offensive line should be improved, and we will still have two solid backs in James and Clements(who both will only get better.) and Duke Johnson coming in. The running game will be fine.

Advertisement
Ricardo Allen...etc - just sickening the amount of talent Randy turned away.

He was just clueless.

Clements looked great when he got the ball. I hope we see more of him next year at RB.

Advertisement
Diego anyone with a brainstem (not you, our staff) should have known about Freeman.

He led Dade county in rushing his junior year. There were NUMEROUS articles that came out qouting him saying "UM is my school" etc. He wasn't rated and after Miami didn't offer the summer of his senior year he committed to FSU.

Don't kid yourself this is another Randy gem. Golden was all over him once he became head coach.

Diego anyone with a brainstem (not you, our staff) should have known about Freeman.

He led Dade county in rushing his junior year. There were NUMEROUS articles that came out qouting him saying "UM is my school" etc. He wasn't rated and after Miami didn't offer the summer of his senior year he committed to FSU.

Don't kid yourself this is another Randy gem. Golden was all over him once he became head coach.

Freeman sat behind Gainer his junior year... He was a backup! Jimbo came down to Central's practice to scout Gainer, who wasn't practicing because of an injury, and ended up falling in love with Freeman when he saw him practiced. There is still no excuse for allowing FSU's coaches to beat you to a kid in your own backyard, but Freeman didnt have much game action.

Freeman sat behind Gainer his junior year... He was a backup! Jimbo came down to Central's practice to scout Gainer, who wasn't practicing because of an injury, and ended up falling in love with Freeman when he saw him practiced. There is still no excuse for allowing FSU's coaches to beat you to a kid in your own backyard, but Freeman didnt have much game action.

Senior year then, my mistake.

People knew about Freeman though.

Advertisement
Freeman had 500 yards as a junior backing up Gainer who had 1600 yards. He basically got an offer from FSU after their camp in June and committed. He didn't have a lot of big time offers. The kid is from Georgia so I'm not sure about him being a big Cane fan.

I have been very happy with Clements, he hits the ball in there with authority and has definitely earned more carries. He also seems to catch the ball well out of the backfield.

This is correct. Hegemon you have your information wrong, he definately didn't lead the county in rushing his Jr year because he wasn't a starter. We did offer once he blew up his senior year but he was already committed to FSU for about 4 or 5 months.

When Freeman played the West on ESPN as a junior, he was a backup and fumbled several times. But you could see the burst. Myself and several others started threads on him, I think even Bakas. He definitely wasn't unknown.

Advertisement
Back