Clearly they did not consult with Dominique Nwoko...

Advertisement
USNWR is not an indication of academic reputation, but it does make for good PR, especially for people that don’t understand how it’s measured

Of course it is exactly that...an "indication" of academic reputation. It doesn't mean that a higher ranked school is more prestigious than a lower ranked school, but it indicates that it is to the masses (i.e. people applying to college and people hiring people who graduate from college). Like it or not, U.S. News is the gold standard of college rankings.

UM is barely the Harvard of Coral Gables.

the rankings dont actually mean **** in terms of academic quality. it is the same as ti was with donna when Um was in the 30s to now. may have actually gotten better since the quality of student has improved

Of course it is exactly that...an "indication" of academic reputation. It doesn't mean that a higher ranked school is more prestigious than a lower ranked school, but it indicates that it is to the masses (i.e. people applying to college and people hiring people who graduate from college). Like it or not, U.S. News is the gold standard of college rankings.

its a horrific standard and they even told you that when they changed their formula and take stuff that doesnt actually show academic prestige

if you want, I have a post that states their actual measures, and the ones that are based on academic criteria, if I recall correctly, are only 20% of their entire score. The top 20 or 30 schools in the US are pretty easy to do, you don’t even need a report. After that it’s a whole lot different

Advertisement
if you want, I have a post that states their actual measures, and the ones that are based on academic criteria, if I recall correctly, are only 20% of their entire score. The top 20 or 30 schools in the US are pretty easy to do, you don’t even need a report. After that it’s a whole lot different

The criteria they use doesn't even matter. I'm not arguing that their criteria is sound or unsound. It's widely accepted as the gold standard, so it's the gold standard.

The criteria they use doesn't even matter. I'm not arguing that their criteria is sound or unsound. It's widely accepted as the gold standard, so it's the gold standard.

It’s not a gold standard.

Here‘s a well resourced and researched standard. Published yearly by UMass.

Let me know what you think. This is a measure comparing only private universities.

5AF4F1B8-0580-46FC-93F6-C5B76F4E55C4.jpeg

I’ll have links later.

Please note, public universities are not included in this ranking. Million different ways to look at this, but comparing like to like, and research, which in my opinion is one of the primary missions of a University, along with educating students obviously, makes this measure an important one

Advertisement
Often times when "racking and stacking" any competent cohort, the top 5% and bottom 5% stand out very easily. 6%-94% rankings often come down to tenths or even hundreths of points because they all basically look the same.

It’s not a gold standard.

Here‘s a well resourced and researched standard. Published yearly by UMass.

Let me know what you think. This is a measure comparing only private universities.

View attachment 121053
I’ll have links later.

Please note, public universities are not included in this ranking. Million different ways to look at this, but comparing like to like, and research, which in my opinion is one of the primary missions of a University, along with educating students obviously, makes this measure an important one

Of course, this is how shltty Frenk and buddies are at PR. Why does it take some anonymous CIS blowhard to have to point this out.

I would be putting this shlt out there. But when when you stack up favorably in terms of top American private research universities, and when you see what company the University Of Miami is in, isn’t it almost a no brainer to put that out there for people to see. I don’t know maybe I’m missing something

Advertisement
My second would be the all black one. My first is that all white because I think it has the best contrast. Plus I’m partial to simple designs in everything

I'm with you on that, those are my 2 favorites too.

I SLIGHTLY liked the one with the Ibis silhouette and the wave, but I don't think they were prominent enough and/or clean with the design.

How is it that the proposed UM plates are all artsy and abstract, while every other Florida-based college has figured out how to just do their **** logo?

Why can't we just put DymeLyfe in charge, and then let them bring back the pipe-smoking Sebastian? Medical marijuana is now legal in Florida, can't we just claim that Sebastian has a prescription and be done with this PC nonsense?!

Advertisement

I SLIGHTLY liked the one with the Ibis silhouette and the wave, but I don't think they were prominent enough and/or clean with the design.

How is it that the proposed UM plates are all artsy and abstract, while every other Florida-based college has figured out how to just do their **** logo?

Why can't we just put DymeLyfe in charge, and then let them bring back the pipe-smoking Sebastian? Medical marijuana is now legal in Florida, can't we just claim that Sebastian has a prescription and be done with this PC nonsense?!

i like the black flash one. looks dope

My grandmother famously said about her sister-in-law: "I might not be the best looking lady in the world, but Aunt Ruth is dumb and ugly." Well athletics sucked under Donna, no doubt. But at least we were moving up academically by the time she left. Frenk sucks at everything.

I’ve said the same chit. I’m still not sure how he got the gig and remains at his position. It’s really baffling y athletics have to suffer for academics or vise versa w/ Miami. They can very well pride themselves on achieving the status of being “The Harvard” of the South, like Stanford is widely considered “The Harvard” of the West. Difference is Stanford also kicks ***, overall, with their entire athletic portfolio. (If I’m not mistaken, they have the most combined NCAA titles in D-I history)

Their football team is always competitive, too, with some one-off years. Why can’t Miami be a top 30 Academic Institution, while dominating CFB, CBB (baseball), Golf, & Tennis? ****, throw in the cheerleading squad too!

It’s f’ing Miami for goodness sake; one of thee most unique and diverse cities in all of America that is dripping w hungry kids trying to make it that are the best of the athletes in the nation, combined w/ kids that have been born w silver spoons.

Never understood the E before W bull chit that’s been toted by this BOT. If Duke can be a top 10 academic institution and field one of the best CBB (Basketball) programs in the nation yr after yr, how can we not hit top 30 and dominate CFB & CBB (Baseball) w/ our natural resources??! It baffles my mind.

Real talk; is nicotine illegal? Is Tobacco illegal? How was our mascot w/ a pipe like Popeye so offensive, but FSU got a white guy dressed up like an Indian throwing a spear down w fire?!

Advertisement
Back