Cleaning up the board

Hey everybody,
We've all noticed a decrease in the quality of discussion since the spring game.

This has happened before (most notably after the Kansas State game), and we are going to do the same thing that we always do when quality goes downhill. For the next few weeks, the mods will be aggressive in dealing with thread-jacking, flaming, personal insults, and other forms of dumb posting. This can and will include bannings, some of which have already taken place.

Please keep this in mind, especially if things don't go our way on Friday. I hate to keep anybody from posting, but we need to do what we need to do to keep this as the best 'Canes board on the internet.

Good idea, D. Hopefully, your crew is sharp enough to clean up the right stuff and not completely sanitize the board of any funny commentary.

Start by cleaning up the anti-UM garbage posing as UM fans while propping up other schools. They do all the damage.

^^^^^what he said^^^^^
I would hate to see this board turn into Grassy 2.0.
That place is a cesspool, especially with the fake Canes like INCaneFan.

Advertisement
"I would like the MODS to take into consideration all of the homophobic slurs and insults being thrown around. I am tired of having to log in to read about a recruit and read about him being "a ******", "*****", "***", etc. Would MODS allow people to use racial slurs? Would they allow recruits to be called the N word or the like? I don't see why bigoted, hateful speech like this gets a free pass. I am a life long canes fan, a hard working Miami native, and I have many friends and family who I would defend to the fullest if I heard that kind of language in the street. No need for it here."

AMEN

Does that mean we can't use terms like Gayturd or Gaytor?

Could it be that some people have an irrational fear of language? Should we ban Linguophobics?

Just asking.

I'm sure you can find other words to describe a ****. Be creative. Invent some.

"I would like the MODS to take into consideration all of the homophobic slurs and insults being thrown around. I am tired of having to log in to read about a recruit and read about him being "a ******", "*****", "***", etc. Would MODS allow people to use racial slurs? Would they allow recruits to be called the N word or the like? I don't see why bigoted, hateful speech like this gets a free pass. I am a life long canes fan, a hard working Miami native, and I have many friends and family who I would defend to the fullest if I heard that kind of language in the street. No need for it here."

AMEN

Does that mean we can't use terms like Gayturd or Gaytor?

Could it be that some people have an irrational fear of language? Should we ban Linguophobics?

Just asking.

I'm sure you can find other words to describe a ****. Be creative. Invent some.

Yes, more terms could be created. However, tradition says that all would be prefixed with ***... it is in their name. Simply, the Gaytors need to change their name to what they really are: Satan's Spawn.

Hey everybody,
We've all noticed a decrease in the quality of discussion since the spring game.

This has happened before (most notably after the Kansas State game), and we are going to do the same thing that we always do when quality goes downhill. For the next few weeks, the mods will be aggressive in dealing with thread-jacking, flaming, personal insults, and other forms of dumb posting. This can and will include bannings, some of which have already taken place.

Please keep this in mind, especially if things don't go our way on Friday. I hate to keep anybody from posting, but we need to do what we need to do to keep this as the best 'Canes board on the internet.

Good idea, D. Hopefully, your crew is sharp enough to clean up the right stuff and not completely sanitize the board of any funny commentary.

Start by cleaning up the anti-UM garbage posing as UM fans while propping up other schools. They do all the damage.

^^^^^what he said^^^^^
I would hate to see this board turn into Grassy 2.0.
That place is a cesspool, especially with the fake Canes like INCaneFan.

If they don't like the board, then go over to Grassy 2.0
This whole thread is ***.

Advertisement
Back