Clawson staying at WF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Washington was looking at Clawson as well. I think he coached out West earlier in his career.

Advertisement
Not losing sleep over this one or one outlier season at Wake in an exceptionally bad year for the ACC. That said, he probably would've been in serious contention for the Vag Tech job as @Damiencane86 just said.
I would love in two or three years to look back at all the coaches that hustled schools to sign them to those ridiculous extensions.

I think at least 50% of them will eventually get fired and cost the school millions in unnecessary buyout money.

Here at CIS we knew Mullen was an average at best coach that couldn’t recruit but had a decent offensive system. UF decides to extend without having him prove his great season could be followed up now that those first rounders went to the league.

Just like NBA free agency where at least half the max contract players get traded after two or three years for pennies on the dollar.

Any coach that had a decent season is getting paid this year. Schools are spending that PPE money..

Clawson is an OK coach but this was a massive outlier season for Wake. The rest of the conference sucks.

He doesn't really recruit well & doesn't do anything crazy Xs & Os wise.

Advertisement
A lot of hyper reactions by these schools. What a time to be alive as an agent. This is perfect to swindle these Universities into big contracts b/c of all the openings. I like Clawson, but Wake is a perennial 7-8 win team under him, which is outstanding for a basketball school. This yr is an anomaly; but hey, I’m not made at guys like him, Aranda, and big banks Tucker cashing in on the paranoia of getting swooped on.

A lot of hyper reactions by these schools. What a time to be alive as an agent. This is perfect to swindle these Universities into big contracts b/c of all the openings. I like Clawson, but Wake is a perennial 7-8 win team under him, which is outstanding for a basketball school. This yr is an anomaly; but hey, I’m not made at guys like him, Aranda, and big banks Tucker cashing in on the paranoia of getting swooped on.
No doubt. You just know Tucker's agent called up MSU and asked if they wanted history to repeat itself where they lose another defensive-minded coach with NFL experience to LSU. This offseason belongs to the coaches, lets just hope we get a good one.

Some of these guys who signed extensions could still end up being hired away by other programs that just foot the increased buyouts anyway.
Bingo, most of these are just window dressing. Coach gets a new contract, agent gets a new beach house, fans feel safe like their school is “locking up” their guy.
All that matters is the buy-out.

Advertisement
Clawson is an OK coach but this was a massive outlier season for Wake. The rest of the conference sucks.

He doesn't really recruit well & doesn't do anything crazy Xs & Os wise.
He’s doing what most of these guys do, having a great season because of a great player. If you’ve watched then play you can’t really come away very impressed.

Advertisement
Back