Class Size

With the Trent Harris commitment, we now have 25. How big is this class going to be? We still have some pretty big targets (Moten,Bronson,Lane,Berrios,Dixon) and I know im forgetting some more athletes. But this class is looking like it's going to shape up to be atleast 30-33

PBCANE

The ncaa (national colleges against athletes) caps class size each year to 25. However, they allow an additional three scholarships, called "over signing" to allow coverage for non-qualifiers. That brings the number to 28. Of course, the total roster size can NEVER exceed 85.

Food for thought...

Advertisement
There are at least 4-5 guys who will not make it into the class.

Sign 5 more studs and let them battle for playing time.

I believe we are going to end up having to let some folks know we don't have room for the dream school they got an offer from and could not make up their mind about. I believe the staff knows who is coming and who is not for the most part. I like the idea of pushing the young men to early commit and start focusing on their season and meeting the naunces of academic requirements.

Alabama consistently over signs. Last year by 14.
I don't think their fan base is as obsessed with class numbers as ours is.
It will work out.

Win and Recruit

Recruit and Win

WIn and Recruit

Recruit and win....I could careless about the numbers...

Advertisement
Advertisement
With the Trent Harris commitment, we now have 25. How big is this class going to be? We still have some pretty big targets (Moten,Bronson,Lane,Berrios,Dixon) and I know im forgetting some more athletes. But this class is looking like it's going to shape up to be atleast 30-33

PBCANE

The ncaa (national colleges against athletes) caps class size each year to 25. However, they allow an additional three scholarships, called "over signing" to allow coverage for non-qualifiers. That brings the number to 28. Of course, the total roster size can NEVER exceed 85.

Food for thought...

Part of your answer isn't right. Texas A&M signed 31 last year and we signed 33 in 2012. If commits enroll early they are counted towards the previous years, so that alters the overall numbers. 28 commits isn't a hard number, but 85 overall scholarship football players is.

Pretty crazy that Golden pulled Corn Elder and Griffin completely out of the blue AFTER NSD last signing period... Think about that for a second.

These kids had literally not been mentioned at all on any Cane boards as far as I know and were both highly touted, highly recruited 4 star All-Stars.

Granted Griffin had some grade issues, these were two absolutely tremendous pulls that came out of nowhere. Golden deserves more credit for that. With Coley also on board this coaching staff is full of monster recruiters and that is a ******* great thing to have.

It's pretty safe to assume that Golden will have some kind of surprise again this year whether its flipping one of the studs (Cook hopefully!) or bringing someone on board that is both a stud and completely out of nowhere.

Roll Canes.

we currently have 24 kids for the 2014 class. 2 additional set to EE and count towards 2013(Lockley/Griffin). That's 26.

if everyone we are counting on gets in for 2013(Bond,derosier,Gilbert), then we have only 3 more spots left, and 2 of those are for EE's for 2013.

This is a hard cap of 3 spots left, and there is nothing Golden can magically do to get around it.

Im guessing we'll have a few decommits, so that could open room for some more.

Advertisement
we currently have 24 kids for the 2014 class. 2 additional set to EE and count towards 2013(Lockley/Griffin). That's 26.

if everyone we are counting on gets in for 2013(Bond,derosier,Gilbert), then we have only 3 more spots left, and 2 of those are for EE's for 2013.

This is a hard cap of 3 spots left, and there is nothing Golden can magically do to get around it.

Blah Blah Blah

I am Derek Dohrman, now that I am getting ****** on the regular I am able to add and subtract. Blah Blah Blah

You still with that Girl?

PBCANE

Food for thought...

Part of your answer isn't right. Texas A&M signed 31 last year and we signed 33 in 2012. If commits enroll early they are counted towards the previous years, so that alters the overall numbers. 28 commits isn't a hard number, but 85 overall scholarship football players is.

I'm not sure where he got that 28 number from. I'm under the impression that the rule is now 25, effective august of 2012.

From the official NCAA manual:

13.9.2.3 Limitation on Number of National Letter of Intent/Offer of Financial Aid Signings—Bowl
Subdivision Football. In bowl subdivision football, there shall be an annual limit of 25 on the number of
prospective student-athletes who may sign a National Letter of Intent or an institutional offer of financial aid
from December 1 through May 31.
[D] (Adopted: 1/16/10 effective 8/1/10, Revised: 1/14/12 effective 8/1/12)

13.9.2.3.1 Exception—Counter During Same Academic Year. [FBS] A prospective student-athlete
who signs a National Letter of Intent or an institutional offer of financial aid and becomes an initial counter
for the same academic year in which the signing occurred (e.g., midyear enrollee) shall not count toward the
annual limit on signings.
(Adopted: 1/14/12 effective 8/1/12)

Last edited:

Blah Blah Blah

I am Derek Dohrman, now that I am getting ****** on the regular I am able to add and subtract. Blah Blah Blah

LOL. and nah, not with THAT girl anymore. although we still work together.

you going to the UF game?

Advertisement

Blah Blah Blah

LOL. and nah, not with THAT girl anymore. although we still work together.

you going to the UF game?

I will send you a text. I will be there.

Size doesnt matter.

308.gif

Pretty crazy that Golden pulled Corn Elder and Griffin completely out of the blue AFTER NSD last signing period... Think about that for a second.

These kids had literally not been mentioned at all on any Cane boards as far as I know and were both highly touted, highly recruited 4 star All-Stars.

Granted Griffin had some grade issues, these were two absolutely tremendous pulls that came out of nowhere. Golden deserves more credit for that. With Coley also on board this coaching staff is full of monster recruiters and that is a ****ing great thing to have.

It's pretty safe to assume that Golden will have some kind of surprise again this year whether its flipping one of the studs (Cook hopefully!) or bringing someone on board that is both a stud and completely out of nowhere.

Roll Canes.

Agree. The recruiting power of this staff is growing stronger all the time. Golden had to adjust quickly when the NCAA crap hit and he did. Laid down a longer term plan building cornerstones. His camps are aimed at getting hooks into kids very young and building relationships over 5 years not 5 months. That is the wall he is throwing up. In a couple years, the 10th and 11th graders down here will be almost unreachable to all these foreign schools(except of course for the biggest bags of money). I think Hurlie has made big impact. One day Coley will move on, but by then Golden will have a wall not just a fence around SoFL. We have legions of Canes working their way up the coaching ranks. More can be added to staff when needed. This staff has worked unbelievably hard and taken tremendous abuse from all sides. I suspect they and the players have a huge can of *** whipping to be opened up on college football the first moment they can. I feel like Al is getting a little tired of handling everything with class and grace and would like to be a little CANE old school for once. Let it be on the swamp scum.

Advertisement
Back