Class Size

P

PalmBeachCane

With the Trent Harris commitment, we now have 25. How big is this class going to be? We still have some pretty big targets (Moten,Bronson,Lane,Berrios,Dixon) and I know im forgetting some more athletes. But this class is looking like it's going to shape up to be atleast 30-33

PBCANE

Advertisement
I'm guessing we'll sign close to 30. But, of the kids that have committed, I'm guessing 2-3 of them willl be sacrificial lambs in the event we land some studs come Feb.

Yeah I love the roll we've been on lately but having this many commits this early is a little bad. Because if we make a few statements during the season (Beating UF) The athletes will start to flock to UM. I do feel like a few players will have to sacrifice their commitment down the line.

Some will get let go possibly, some will leave because they see a better situation but most of the guys will stay with them having so many local teammates swaying them.

Advertisement
274.gif

There are always 2-3 defections. Plus, and I have said this before, I really believe the only two guys that we are going to "hold a scholie for in case they change their minds" is Ermon Lane (assuming he doesnt pick us) and Dalvin Cook. I really believe this staff is on a first come, first serve basis with the rest of these kids.

I dont think for one second we are holding a scholie for anyone else. If BPowell, for some reason wants in I think we give him a spot assuming we know for a fact that DCook is not coming under any circumstances. I think Berrios and Jojo have to decide who is going to blink first because only one of them is getting in. Same with Rudolph and Dixon. If we get lucky and Torres and Pelon want in I think we stop calling Moten as much. We save a LB spot for Smothers but not until NSD. Realisticly, I think we have 4-5 spots left.

Advertisement
Glad Golden and other coaches around the country aren't waiting til NSD for some of their recruits. NSD spectacle has grown into an out of control monster and this is really the only way to stop it. Force kids to commit early.

Bottom line is when regarding class size, if top talent wants in & there's "no spots left", space will be made.

/ Also we are at 27 if you include Lockley & Griffin

Advertisement
Miami sits with 24 unless you are counting Griffin. As to the number, I would agree that a 30-33 number is very realistic...

With the Trent Harris commitment, we now have 25. How big is this class going to be? We still have some pretty big targets (Moten,Bronson,Lane,Berrios,Dixon) and I know im forgetting some more athletes. But this class is looking like it's going to shape up to be atleast 30-33

PBCANE

Advertisement
Yeah I love the roll we've been on lately but having this many commits this early is a little bad. Because if we make a few statements during the season (Beating UF) The athletes will start to flock to UM. I do feel like a few players will have to sacrifice their commitment down the line.

Not necessarily a bad thing. It also might not be a bad thing to turn down a few kids trying to commit late. Finally show the local kids to not play the game with us. Commit sooner rather than later or you might not get in at all

Some will get the Travis Johnson, Jeremy Kerr treatment and we will defintely load up with 29-32 commits like USC did before schollie reductions kicked in a year or 2 later..

Advertisement
Back