4. Penn state 271.63 /90.64 commit average 22 recruits
5. Oregon 250.00 / 89.30 commit avg 22 recruits

Miami is number 1 on rivals

Espn has
Osu #1
Texas #2
Penn state #3
Miami #4

My take is that we won't finish with the top ranked class but we should be in the 3-5 range. Definitely top ten though for sure. Only programs with higher recruiting averages than us in the country is Ohio state and Texas. Miami and Texas has a kicker committed so that hurts both of our averages. Regardless espn seems to be lower on some of our guys than rivals(pope top 30 on rivals, outside of top 200 on espn) Also rivals got jobe rated too low for sure.

Advertisement
Don't care where we end up, who's over us, or what site is best -- as log as we keep our current players and add the ones we want, this is the best class in the country.

OUR players will always be undervalued. Look at the 2016 class. 6 starters out of that class already. Show me the classes over us that hit like that?

Don't care where we end up, who's over us, or what site is best -- as log as we keep our current players and add the ones we want, this is the best class in the country.

OUR players will always be undervalued. Look at the 2016 class. 6 starters out of that class already. Show me the classes over us that hit like that?
Yep

Advertisement
Let's look at the 2018 class rankings in 2022. Most of these "scouts" are a 1. mediocre 2. selling scrips 3. anti-Miami private school / pro-big-public-school (see point 2). They also devalue the local talent in south Florida because otherwise half the Top 300 would be from the tri-county area.

The only thing I care about is if Richt is getting the players he wants. There are a couple exceptions, but this staff isn't just getting 4-stars and 5-stars, they're getting their plan A guys. And when they miss on a J Jeudy, they pick up a J Thomas. This 2018 class is the best I've seen since the late Butch classes so far. Not 1 reach. And we all know how those Butch classes turned out.

Rankings matter. If you want to be elite you need a top 5 class. However, the key metric here is average stars per commit. Ours is very high and I still feel like some of our guys are rated low. Keep that blue chip ratio up and we're good

Rankings matter. If you want to be elite you need a top 5 class. However, the key metric here is average stars per commit. Ours is very high and I still feel like some of our guys are rated low. Keep that blue chip ratio up and we're good

This...

247 and espn are sh*tting on our guys rankings

Advertisement
Stars aren't everything, but you don't win championships without having a lot of 4/5* guys. You just don't.

This...

247 and espn are sh*tting on our guys rankings

To be fair ESPN is just a bunch of monkeys behind a plexiglass wall throwing poo at everything.

Stars aren't everything, but you don't win championships without having a lot of 4/5* guys. You just don't.

Agree but some of our 3 stars are 4 stars anywhere in the country. So we are in that rare case where on paper we can be great with average rated players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone knows or should know that a top 10 class that is highly rated because of the quality and not quantity, like the class in 2008 that had 35 commits, packed with top south Florida athletes is a championship roster.

Also these sites especially 247 has been messing with our recruiting class for a while now. The last 2 week I've seen our Avg drop from 92 to 91 to 90 to 91 and now it back at 92. That when I realize I should just focus on the guys we have film.

I mean Scaife, Wiggins should be 4 star. ****, Wiggins was a 4 star then he was randomly got lowered and the same thing is happening to Lingard to.

Pope, Jobe, Blades, Silvera are all arguably 5 star players but there is no question that they are 5 star talents. So it w.e to me. All i know is the staff are making good evaluations.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Nobody is going to touch Ohio State this year, and Texas is looking like they may lock down that number 2 spot. I'll take our 3-5 finish with South Florida talent over any of the other teams hands down, regardless of what our 'final ranking' says.

247 has been real slick in the way they play musical chairs with our player rankings... they don't want us to have the #1 class and it's obvious.

If for no other reason, they matter because they impact the perception of the program among the other recruits we're pursuing. Not saying guys are going to commit, let alone sign, with Miami because they checked the rankings and saw us at the top. Just saying that a lot of them seem to mention it when discussing how they feel about Miami.

Ultimately, if the coaches are landing the guys they want, that's all that matters.

Advertisement
It was bound to happen with the season looming close :rolleyes-new: I think we finish 5th unless we a get a surprise or two.

Texas made the right hire period they will be a problem soon

Don't see nobody touching them in the Big 12. Especially with Stoops gone. Maybe Oklahoma State. Maybe.

But yeah, they gonna run roughshod over that whole conference. Bout to get ugly.

Last edited:
Rankings matter, but only to some extent. Anybody who says they aren't slanted to favor the major schools withe the most subs is just delusional.

Look at Clemson. They just won the NC and their avg class over the past 4 years was around 10. I'm guessing Ohio St fans thought losing 31-0 to them would be impossible given OSU's supposedly better classes

Advertisement
Back