4. Penn state 271.63 /90.64 commit average 22 recruits
5. Oregon 250.00 / 89.30 commit avg 22 recruits

Miami is number 1 on rivals

Espn has
Osu #1
Texas #2
Penn state #3
Miami #4

My take is that we won't finish with the top ranked class but we should be in the 3-5 range. Definitely top ten though for sure. Only programs with higher recruiting averages than us in the country is Ohio state and Texas. Miami and Texas has a kicker committed so that hurts both of our averages. Regardless espn seems to be lower on some of our guys than rivals(pope top 30 on rivals, outside of top 200 on espn) Also rivals got jobe rated too low for sure.

Think Texas could bump OSU for number 1, but do not see anyone moving ahead of Canes for three unles baga and slick Nick end up signing 27 again somehow.

Advertisement
Nobody is going to touch Ohio State this year, and Texas is looking like they may lock down that number 2 spot. I'll take our 3-5 finish with South Florida talent over any of the other teams hands down, regardless of what our 'final ranking' says.

I agree. Point is that as long as we lock down top classes heavy on SoFl, Fla, Se and cherry picks. OSU is a one horse state so they get all in their state like we should SoFl. With Richt's youth league and community involvement and winning seasons, we'll dominate SoFl recruiting like never before. I really don't care if some guys feel we don't have the top class because I know SoFl/Fla boys will out perform any out there.

Rankings matter. If you want to be elite you need a top 5 class. However, the key metric here is average stars per commit. Ours is very high and I still feel like some of our guys are rated low. Keep that blue chip ratio up and we're good

Butch didn't annually land top 5 classes. As others have said, South Florida talent is devalued because if it wasn't they would dominate the rankings, and subscribers who want their ears tickled wouldn't be very happy.

I wouldn't trade the class we have coming in for any class, because I know most of our recruits are indeed undervalued by these so called expert recruiting services. They are experts at one thing, marketing their product.

Top 5 247
1. Osu 288.00 /95.29 commit average 16 recruits
2. Texas 276.05 /93.24 commit average 17 recruits
3. Miami 274.69 /92.00 commit average 19 recruits
4. Penn state 271.63 /90.64 commit average 22 recruits
5. Oregon 250.00 / 89.30 commit avg 22 recruits

Miami is number 1 on rivals

Espn has
Osu #1
Texas #2
Penn state #3
Miami #4

My take is that we won't finish with the top ranked class but we should be in the 3-5 range. Definitely top ten though for sure. Only programs with higher recruiting averages than us in the country is Ohio state and Texas. Miami and Texas has a kicker committed so that hurts both of our averages. Regardless espn seems to be lower on some of our guys than rivals(pope top 30 on rivals, outside of top 200 on espn) Also rivals got jobe rated too low for sure.

wq0jz.gif

Advertisement
Rankings matter. If you want to be elite you need a top 5 class. However, the key metric here is average stars per commit. Ours is very high and I still feel like some of our guys are rated low. Keep that blue chip ratio up and we're good

Butch didn't annually land top 5 classes. As others have said, South Florida talent is devalued because if it wasn't they would dominate the rankings, and subscribers who want their ears tickled wouldn't be very happy.

I wouldn't trade the class we have coming in for any class, because I know most of our recruits are indeed undervalued by these so called expert recruiting services. They are experts at one thing, marketing their product.

How long ago was that bruh? Butch was able to get those All-Americans and future HOF because no one was looking at South Florida like that. The recruiting landscape has changed a ton since then. I'll agree that in some cases the talent down here is devalued, but the recruiting sites usually get it right in regards to 5* talent.

I wouldn't trade our class either but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want Micah Parsons, Justin Fields, Terrace Marshall, etc. on my team.

How long ago was that bruh? Butch was able to get those All-Americans and future HOF because no one was looking at South Florida like that. The recruiting landscape has changed a ton since then. I'll agree that in some cases the talent down here is devalued, but the recruiting sites usually get it right in regards to 5* talent.

I wouldn't trade our class either but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want Micah Parsons, Justin Fields, Terrace Marshall, etc. on my team.

We aren't spending the money that Parsons is asking

We aren't spending the money that Parsons is asking

So I've heard :KYPOwCc:

It is not that SoFla talent is "devalued".

The answer for why the "ratings services" have always been flawed is very simple. No "one human being" can possibly see every player, evaluate every game, and make a valid head-to-head assessment of thousands of players. The "ratings services" are made up of a bunch of people who can only possibly cover one region, and who sometimes don't even have the bandwidth to cover an entire large state (such as CA, TX, or FL). Then, a bunch of people who have only seen a few kids in person (but who MIGHT have watched other kids on their computers like Dannyboybrock) get together to argue it out.

The result is that each "expert" from any given region is going to argue like **** for his particular region's players, and there is no way for one or two "experts" from Florida to win the argument as to why the "Rivals 250" or "Scout 300" should be composed, disproportionately, of South Florida kids.

Yeah, yeah, I know you could try to teach these "experts" about things like # of Division I scholarships, or # of players drafted, but it would leak right out of their heads five minutes later.

So, the net result is that EVERY YEAR a few kids from Wisconsin or Missouri or Nevada or Kentucky will make the Rivals 250, regardless of whether you could find 250 kids FROM FLORIDA who are better than the kids from the smaller states.

But the coaches know. That's why every year, on some random game, you will find some random commentator talking about how many Florida kids are on the roster of Minnesota State. The coaches know where the talent is. The Florida Big 3 can't sign all the Florida talent.

Forget about winning the February National Championship, as long as we are in the conversation, and as long as we get the kids we want. I trust our coaches who are able to evaluate SoFla talent in person.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back