Class of 2022

JHallCanes

2028 is our year
Premium
Not blaming Mario for this as Manny had mailed in recruiting completely but I’ve seen people continue to complain we have to rely on the portal…well I hate to do this to everyone but strap in

1. Cyrus Moss - portal
2. Kelly - portal
3. Jaleel Skinner - portal
4. Chris Graves - portal
5. Citizen - tough break here
6. Khamauri Rogers - portal
7. Wes Bissainthe - mixed career so far but trending up
8. Markeith Williams - who? Portal?
9. Jacurri Brown - I ain’t saying ****
10. Isaiah Horton - trending up but we will see
11. Jaden Harris - solid so far we will see
12. Matt McCoy - long term could be a player
13. Ahmed Moten - shrug
14. Colbie Young - portal
15. Cooper - stud

Transfers in

1. Darrell Jackson - we hardly knew ye
2. Caleb Johnson - k
3. Mesidor - good player if health cooperates
4. Johnathan Denis - k
5. Mitchell Agude - k
6. Porter - struggled for a bit but he’s a lock to start
7. Logan Sagawhatever - k
8. Antonio Moultrie - k
9. Parrish - solid RB into the portal
10. Ladson - ….
11. Lichtenstein - ….

EDITED:

Coaches in 2022 that are no longer here

Steele
Gattis
Strong
Addae
Ponce
Smith
Wright
DVD

Last edited:
Advertisement
Not blaming Mario for this as Manny had mailed in recruiting completely but I’ve seen people continue to complain we have to rely on the portal…well I hate to do this to everyone but strap in

1. Cyrus Moss - portal
2. Kelly - portal
3. Jaleel Skinner - portal
4. Chris Graves - portal
5. Citizen - tough break here
6. Khamauri Rogers - portal
7. Wes Bissainthe - mixed career so far but trending up
8. Markeith Williams - who? Portal?
9. Jacurri Brown - I ain’t saying ****
10. Isaiah Horton - trending up but we will see
11. Jaden Harris - solid so far we will see
12. Matt McCoy - long term could be a player
13. Ahmed Moten - shrug
14. Colbie Young - portal
15. Cooper - stud

Transfers in

1. Darrell Jackson - we hardly knew ye
2. Caleb Johnson - k
3. Mesidor - good player if health cooperates
4. Johnathan Denis - k
5. Mitchell Agude - k
6. Porter - struggled for a bit but he’s a lock to start
7. Logan Sagawhatever - k
8. Antonio Moultrie - k
9. Parrish - solid RB into the portal
10. Ladson - ….
11. Lichtenstein - ….
I just threw up

Advertisement
Advertisement
I have questioned why we are going back to the portal for certain positions and allowing kids to still hang on to see if the light comes on in their 3rd year..(Markeith Williams, Ahmad Moten specifically) If neither of those kids are in the two deep, we need to move on. Simple as that.

That said, I see why Mario is 12-13 so far in his tenure. Out of the 26, only 6 are slated to start or even be in the 2 deep. Thats a recipe for disaster. That transitional class was horrible.

Advertisement
I have questioned why we are going back to the portal for certain positions and allowing kids to still hang on to see if the light comes on in their 3rd year..(Markeith Williams, Ahmad Moten specifically) If neither of those kids are in the two deep, we need to move on. Simple as that.

That said, I see why Mario is 12-13 so far in his tenure. Out of the 26, only 6 are slated to start or even be in the 2 deep. Thats a recipe for disaster. That transitional class was horrible.
It’s not pretty to look at. Clearly Mario is killing it in high school recruiting but the portal has been a struggle

I fully believe we are trending up big but we also gotta still navigate some old issues

Just in general, coaches don’t have time to build relationship and get to know their character off the field, a lot of those guys end up getting pushed out after a year or two.

There was a pretty good article on it a few years back about the numbers behind it.
Yeah it makes sense. It’s why I like to look back even if it sucks to do

Also the portal has changed absolutely everything the last few years with NIL. I don’t want to play this game too much but I don’t feel super confident guys like Phillips, King etc come here if Manny is still here with NIL

Could be wrong but that’s another discussion I suppose

Portal class is 1000% on him. Anyone trying to argue otherwise has different agendas.

HS I don’t necessarily blame, development though is a different question mark.

And the entire staff from 2022 was essentially replaced as well. 2022 was pretty much the worst start to a tenure you could ask for.

Advertisement
Portal class is 1000% on him. Anyone trying to argue otherwise has different agendas.

And the entire staff from 2022 was essentially replaced as well. 2022 was pretty much the worst start to a tenure you could ask for.
Yeah we’ve talked about that in other threads

Steele
Gattis
Strong
Ponce
Smith
Wright
DVD
Addae

That’s tough man. Tough way to start.

I don’t pin it all on Mario but also let’s not act like he wasn’t recruiting some of these high school guys at Oregon as well. For years in some cases.

People don’t want to hear that I guess I get it. It’s easier to just keep saying it will be different

I give Mario some grace here because we seem to have a habit of coaches coming in here and saying to themselves, "Whoa, ummm, okay, we got alot of work to do here! Didnt know it was this bad!"...Remember when Richt first got here and he was like, "Where the **** are all the big dudes at??" ...then Mario comes in and says, "Where the **** are all the fast guys at???"..

( I could be mixing the story up but the theory is the same..they were both surprised at how far off talent wise we actually were. I think they assumed these kids just needed a little coaching and discipline. They were both wrong.)

This development thing is scary. I've seen very few instances of kids getting better. It's time for some of these OL/DL/DB/WR/LB to finally take the next step this year. I won't add RB or QB because those are portal players.

This development thing is scary. I've seen very few instances of kids getting better. It's time for some of these OL/DL/DB/WR/LB to finally take the next step this year. I won't add RB or QB because those are portal players.
Tough to judge development when the entire coaching staff has been turned over as well

Then it’s like well if you’re recruiting top talent what’s coaching and what’s just a player being good? I dunno. I think one way is to look at the talent being brought in cumulatively and the record of the team. Incomplete for me at the moment but I agree the 2023 class is the one that should give some answers

Advertisement
Back