Class of 2016: updated as of 1/21/18

Advertisement
We are at 70 but this 2016 class has quite a few EE that will count towards last year. We will have 30 in this class

this 2016 class has quite a few EE that will count towards last year.

How much room do we have left in the 2015 class for these EEs?

We signed 22 recruits and 1 transfer last year out of 25, but we also had 5 EEs (Perry, Patchan, JJ, Washington, J Jones) that counted towards 2014. We should have 7-8 EEs that can still count towards 2015. We only need 5 to get a class of 30.

Already we have the following players planning to EE:
Shaq, Zach, Simmons, Pinkney, McCloud

We will have enough room to sign 30+. The question will be how do we get under the 85 limit with 70 scholarship players scheduled to come back in 2016.

this 2016 class has quite a few EE that will count towards last year.

How much room do we have left in the 2015 class for these EEs?

We signed 22 recruits and 1 transfer last year out of 25, but we also had 5 EEs (Perry, Patchan, JJ, Washington, J Jones) that counted towards 2014. We should have 7-8 EEs that can still count towards 2015. We only need 5 to get a class of 30.

Already we have the following players planning to EE:
Shaq, Zach, Simmons, Pinkney, McCloud

We will have enough room to sign 30+. The question will be how do we get under the 85 limit with 70 scholarship players scheduled to come back in 2016.

The numbers always workout.

IMG_2161.jpg

No sunshine.

Advertisement
I still expect us to sign around 30 this class. Here is an updated projection for 2016.

Offense: (14) Returnees: (36)
QB: 2
Commits (1): Alison
Returnees (4): Kaaya (Jr), Rosier (RSo), Shirreffs (RFr.), Crow (RSr)

RB/FB: 4
Commits (3): Rasul, Moss, Homer
Returnees (5): Gus (Sr), Yearby (Jr), Gray (Jr), Tucker (Sr), Walton (So)

TE: 2
Commits (1): Hinson
Returnees (5): Dobard (Sr), Herndon (Jr), Washington (RSo), Njoku (RSo), O'Donnell (RSr)

WR: 5
Commits (4): Mullins, Bruce, Richards, Henderson
Returnees (6): Coley (Sr), Lewis (RSr), Berrios (Jr), Brady (Jr), Langham (RSo), Cager (RFr), Jones (RSr)

OL: 2
Commits (0):
Returnees (16): Isidora (RSr), Linder (Jr), McDermott (RSo), Darling (Jr), Gadbois (RSr), Gall (Sr), Odogwu (RJr), Knighton (RJr), Jones (Jr), Grimsley (RSo), Brown (RSo), Milo (So), St. Louis (So), Loftus (RFr), Mahoney (RFr), Gauthier (RFr)

Defense: (16) Returnees: (32)
DT: 2
Commits (1): Pulley
Returnees (7): Moten (Jr), Moore (RSr), Jenkins (Jr), Hamilton (RSr), Fines (RFr), Norton (RFr), McIntosh (RFr)

DE: 2
Commits (3): Jackson, Nelson, Uche
Returnees (8): AQM (RJr), Thomas (Jr), Willis (RSo), Jackson (RSo), Harris (Jr), Smith (RSo), Patchan (So), Gordinier (RFr)

LB: 5
Commits (4): Quarterman, Pinckney, McCloud, Simmons
Returnees (7): Grace (Sr), Young (Jr), Owens (Jr), Gayot (Jr), Perry (So), McCray (RSo), King (RFr)

S: 3
Commits (3): Wright, Gil, Pierre
Returnees (4): Carter (Sr), Jenkins (RSr), Johnson (So), Knowles (RFr)

CB: 4
Commits (4): Byrd, Wiggins, Jackson, Burnett
Returnees (6): Burns (Sr), Elder (Sr), Mayes (RSo), Jackson (RFr), Redwine (RFr), Henley (RFr)

We will have 68 scholarship players + a K & P which brings the total number up to 70. We have room for 15 if no one leaves the team prematurely in the next 1½ years.

My guess is we may lose 1-2 juniors to the NFL, some 5th year seniors will transfer to get more playing time or be asked not to come back after graduating. There will be a few that will transfer for various reasons, and a couple that will get kicked off for disciplinary reasons. This will begin to unfold over the summer. I would not be surprise if we lose another 15 before the 2016 season to make room for 30 new recruits. Also a couple of recruits may not qualify or be asked to grayshirt.

Potential Early NFL: AQM, Burns, Coley, Dobard, Isadora, Elder, Grace, Carter, Gus
5th year seniors: Crow, Jones, O'Donnell, Hamilton, Moore, Gadbois, Jenkins, Malcom, Gall

A typical scholarship distribution should look something like this. () shows how many we will have in 2016 based on our current roster.

Offense - 42 (36)
QB – 5 (4)
RB – 7 (5)
TE – 5 (5)
OL – 15 (16)
WR -10 (6)

Defense - 41 (32)
DE -7 (8)
DT – 7 (7)
LB – 12 (7)
S – 6 (4)
CB – 9 (6)

Special Teams - 2 (2)
K – 1 (1)
P – 1 (1)

As you can see our positions of most need for 2016 in terms of numbers are: LB, S, CB, WR, RB
We need at least 5 WRs and 5 LBs in this class. We also need at least 7-8 DBs.
We may take only 1 QB depending on how Shirreffs and Rosier develop this year.
We need at least 2 RBs this year.
We need 2 TEs since 2 will graduate after 2016. Depending on how Washington, Njoku and Herndon develops we may only need 1 in 2016 and 1 in 2017.
We need 2 DE and DT to upgrade the positions and create separation, same with OL.

I think 28 is the Max.

Advertisement
1514491.jpg

hudl | 247 | Scout | Rivals | Twitter

WALVENSKI AIME

Walvenski "Wally" Aime
Defensive tackle
Fort Scott, Kansas
Fort Scott C.C.

Ht:6'5"
Wt:290 lbs
Class:2016 (Junior College)

Fort Scott Community College has built a reputation for producing defensive linemen who go on to the next level to play college football. So it was natural that the University of Miami made its way to the heart of Kansas during the spring in its search for immediate help at the defensive tackle position. That's where the Canes found this DT, who just committed.

WALVENSKI AIME
Fort Scott
POSITION: DT
NO. 7
HEIGHT: 6'5"
WEIGHT: 295lbs
40YD DASH: 4.70
VERTICAL: 35"
BENCH PRESS: 365lbs
SQUAT: 450
HS: Olympic Heights Community HS
HOME: Boca Raton, FL

Miami Football: Report: Miami Has Landed Big 2016 JuCo DT Walvenski Aime
Dan Lyons

It had been over a week since Miami’s last commitments, when Reginald Henderson and Izon Pulley verballed to the ‘Canes. For a program that already has 24 players in its 2016 class, that seems like a long time. The silence broke today, with the somewhat surprising commitment of big junior college defensive tackle Walvenski Aime.

#Miami lands a commit from JuCO defensive tackle Walvenski Aime. http://miami.247sports.com/Board/92/Contents/New-commit-37701484 [MENTION=6641]David[/MENTION]Lake3 [MENTION=9957]jcs[/MENTION]hurburtt @SWiltfong247

— Ryan Bartow (@RyanBartow) June 10, 2015

Aime, who is listed at 6-foot-5, 295 pounds, is a three-star player according to Scout, and is yet to be rated by the other services. He currently attends Fort Scott Community College in Kansas, and reportedly holds offers from Iowa State, Kansas, Kentucky, Minnesota, and a handful of small conference schools.

4/22: Fort Scott DL Walvenski Aime (2016) - Aime is emerging as a player that could wind up with double-digit offers soon. Over the past couple of weeks he's hauled in offers from Kentucky and Cincinnati and he's got several more programs from Power Five conferences that are looking his way. As a freshman last season, Aime posted 11 tackles from his defensive tackle spot.

AIME EXCITED ABOUT KENTUCKY OFFER
4/12/15
Derek Young
Recruiting Reporter
This story was originally published on ScoutFootball.com.

Kentucky was the first school to offer Fort Scott C.C. defensive tackle Walvenski Aime, and he shared his excitement over the news...

A top-notch defensive tackle at the junior college level is Walvenski Aime of Fort Scott Community College. He's a massive lineman at 6-foot-5, and 290 pounds, the size college programs throughout the nation covet.

One program in particular comes from the SEC, extending an offer Aime's way a few weeks ago.

"I was pretty excited about being offered by Kentucky," Aime said. "I'm hoping for more to come and to continue to gain more and more exposure. Kentucky is a great start. The coaches I've spoken with are wonderful. They always keep up with me. I really appreciate them."

Aime shared the contact he's had with the Wildcat staff so far.

"It's mostly been just handwritten letters that they've sent me," he noted. "They keep up with me and send letters to me and my family. It means a lot. We speak on the phone every now and then. They aren't putting me in any kind of rush. They have just been recruiting me moderately."

The junior college standout pinpointed one aspect about Kentucky that has stuck out to him already.

"They have two defensive linemen that will be drafted to the NFL this year," Aime pointed out. "One will go in the first round. That could be a huge factor in my recruitment. I want to go to a place that knows how to develop players at my position and sends them to the next level."

image_thumb.jpg
Walvenski Aime #80
Olympic Heights High School Class of 2013
Boynton Beach, FL

HT. 6' 3" WT. 230 Bench 260 Squat 390 40 4.9

Position: TE/DL
Honors:
Olympic Heights Community High School Defensive Player of the Year 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013
1st Team All-County Defense
2nd Team All-County Offense (TE)

6/19/15 Walvenski Aime de-commits.

CLICK TO ENLARGE IMAGE

Added Walvenski Aime
Juco Football Frenzy ‏@JUCOFFrenzy · 8h8 hours ago
Big Get for UM: 2016 (Fort Scott CC)JUCO DL @walvenskiaime just committed to UM

Removed McArthur Burnett
McArthur Burnett ‏@Pahokee_Beast · 6h6 hours ago  Port St Lucie, FL
I've decided to decommit from the University of Miami. Great staff and organization, but I feel like it's the best decision for me as of now

LB Greg Simmons de-commits.
Ryan Bartow ‏@RyanBartow 2m2 minutes ago Fort Lauderdale, FL
Fresh off a visit to #Nebraska , Greg Simmons tweets that he's de-committed from #Miami . Greg Simmons, Fort Pierce Central, Inside Linebacker … @michaelbruntz @SWiltfong247

Updated Scout Rankings

Updated Scout Rankings (4/20/15)

Trending Up:
Ahmmon Richards moves up to #140 (209) +69
Jack Allison moved up to #45 (113) +68
Deion Jackson debuts at #253 (NR) +47
McArthur Burnett move up to #182 (217) +35
Amir Rasul moves up to #199 (200) +1

Trending Down:
Zach McCloud (219) drops out of top 300 (-81)
Dionte Mullins (252) drops out of top 300 (-48)
Shaquille Quarterman drops from 162 to 171 (-9)
Sam Bruce drops from 106 to 108 (-2)

Updated Scout Rankings (6/10/15)

Trending Up:
Travis Homer climbs to 183 (227) +44 Only service to rank him in the top 300.
Amir Rasul moves up to #171 (200) +29

Trending Down:
Jack Allison drops to #174 (45) -129
Ahmmon Richards drops to #193 (142) -51
McArthur Burnett drops to #226 (184) -42
Shaquille Quarterman drops from 172 to 194 (-22)
Deion Jackson drops to #263 (253) -10
Sam Bruce drops from 109 to 117 (-8)

No love for our 5 All-Americans... Ced, Byrd, and Mullins not in top 300 and only Mullins even has a fourth star. Jack dropped like a rock and Bruce continues his slide. Also not sure why Jojo is not in the top 300, he is ranked in all the other 3 services.

They are the only service to have Burnett (226), Homer (183), and Deion (263) in their top 300.

Last edited:
so timmons and bennett decommited because of competition. smh

timmons and bennett never committed to swag16.

George Timmons sign with us in 2004 and left the team after Shannon took over. He was a freak athlete and cousin of Roscoe Parrish.

Donnell Bennett play for us from 89-93. He was a RB/FB who got drafted by the Chiefs and had a solid 8 year career in the NFL. He was coaching HS football last I heard.

Devin Gil de-commits:

Flanagan's Devin Gil decommits from Miami
By Ryan S. Clark

Flanagan's Devin Gil decommits from Miami
Flanagan 2016 safety Devin Gil has decommitted from Miami, according to a text from Falcons coach Devin Bush on Monday.

Gil committed to Miami in January and becomes the second player in the 2016 class to decommit within the last week. Pahokee running back McArthur Burnett re-opened his recruiting in the wake of Oxbridge Academy running back Travis Homer commitment, giving the Hurricanes four running backs.

The three-star prospect, who has around 15 offers, recently took an unofficial visit to Michigan.

Michigan has been an active player in South Florida since Jim Harbaugh took over. Harbaugh was an instructor at a camp held by Bush earlier in June. After the camp, a number of area players were offered by Michigan including Gil and four-star linebacker Devin Bush Jr.

Both Bush and his son were at Michigan on Monday. Bush spoke at a camp while his son took an unofficial visit.

2016 S Devin Gil decommits from Miami Hurricanes
June 15, 2015
Matt Porter

Miami’s 2016 recruiting class, while still the largest group of commits in the country, dropped by one over the weekend.

Safety Devin Gil, from Pembroke Pines-Flanagan, told UM coaches he wanted to explore his options, according to Canesport. Gil was visiting Michigan at the time.

Gil, a three-star recruit per Rivals and 247Sports, was the lowest-rated of three safeties committed to UM. The others are three-stars Cedrick Wright (36th among 2016 safeties, according to 247Sports’ composite ratings) and James Pierre (49th). Gil, listed at 6-foot-1 and 205 pounds, is ranked 63rd.

In recent weeks, 247Sports reported, Gil picked up offers from Michigan, as well as FAU, Massachusetts, USF, UCF, Ohio and Colorado.

He is the teammate of top linebacker prospect Devin Bush Jr., a target of Michigan and Florida State (as well as Miami). Bush visited Ann Arbor along with Gil and another teammate.

The Hurricanes’ group of 22 commits, which is ranked No. 2 nationally by Rivals and No. 4 by 247Sports, is the largest class in the country. Florida State and Michigan State have 18 commits each.

Dionte Mullins ‏@dionte_mullins8 1m1 minute ago
Bro wasn't that good to me anyway but I just hope gets that opportunity to stick me in college so I can show him why he should've never left

Former Miami commit Devin Gil pledges to Michigan, pushes 2016 class to 17 players

By Brendan F. Quinn | bquinn@mlive.com
on June 19, 2015 at 11:59 AM, updated June 19, 2015 at 1:03 PM

ANN ARBOR -- Michigan picked up its 17th commitment in the 2016 class, again reaching into Florida's fertile soil.

After adding two-star safety Josh Metellus on Wednesday, the Wolverines added his teammate and fellow safety Devin Gil on Friday.

Ill be taking my talents to the big house by committing to the University Of Michigan 〽️�� #GoBlue pic.twitter.com/ejpJdXeUCr

— Devin gil (@devin_gil) June 19, 2015
The three-star safety told 247Sports that he plans on "making a big change for Michigan and helping them win."

Both Gil and Metellus hail from Flanagan High School in Hollywood, Florida. The school is also the home of Devin Bush, the No. 9 ranked inside linebacker in the country, who is also being courted.

"We are trying our best to get him, too," Gil told 247Sports. "I think it's between Michigan and Florida State. He will decide later in the process."

Gil decommited from Miami earlier this weekand held a number of scholarship offers, including the likes of the Hurricanes, Louisville and South Florida.

Gil and Bush were both at Harbaugh's south Florida satellite camp stop earlier this month, an event hosted by Bush's father and coach, former NFL player Devin Bush Sr.

After committing on Friday, Gil told Scout.com that new Michigan defensive coordinator D.J. Durkin, previously of the University of Florida, played a large part in him picking the Wolverines.

"He's a great coach, on and off the field," Gil told Scout. "When we went up to Michigan I saw how much he cares for his family, his football family and his family in the house so I know when I go up there he's going to treat me just like one of them, just like he does now."

With 17 players committed, including four hailing from Florida, Michigan's class is in the top 10 on 247sports' overall team rankings.

View attachment 30765
LB Greg Simmons commits to Nebraska
Nate Clouse
6/25/16

The wait to know where Ft. Pierce (Fla.) Central linebacker Greg Simmons was going to commit to ended today as he announced his intentions to sign with Nebraska next February.

The 6-foot-2, 225-pound Simmons had been a longtime Miami commit, but decided to part ways with the Canes shortly after an unofficial visit to Nebraska for Big Red Weekend. The talented prospect had been able to develop a strong relationship with Huskers linebacker coach Trent Bray through the spring and connected with head coach Mike Riley and several current players while in Lincoln.

Simmons called Nebraska "utopia" following his unofficial visit earlier this month.

"Yes sir, Coach Riley is a laid-back coach with great respect and is lots of fun," Simmons told HuskerOnline following his visit in mid-June.

"Every coach has a positive mindset. Coach Bray is a guy that I'd love to play for. He is wise beyond his years. He's a mentor and a great linebacker coach. We have a close bond already.

"I got to know De'Mornay Pierson-El, Avery Anderson, Kieron Williams and more of the late enrollees. They are like family already, great group of guys. I see them as brothers already."

While in Lincoln, Simmons said he literally got to see every aspect of Nebraska's football program and referred to it as "utopia".

"Well, to be honest I've seen it all down to their (performance) lab to the gym," Simmons said in regards to Nebraska's program. "They're committed on making a 'machine' football player. I've never seen everything connected to the stadium. I love it, man.

"Nebraska is utopia or perfect. It's what I've been looking for."

The Huskers have been on a steady roll adding commits from defensive end Ben Stille, safety Marquel Dismuke, linebacker Quayshon Alexander, and tight end Jack Stoll over the last couple of weeks. NU's 2016 class currently sits at 12 commitments.

Simmons is currently ranked as the No. 28 overall inside linebacker in the nation. He committed to the Huskers over offers from Miami, Louisville, N.C. State, Kentucky, and Maryland among others.

1369362.jpg
June 19, 2015 | 10:34 am
AIME RE-OPENS PROCESS
Derek YoungDerek Young
Recruiting Reporter

Massive junior college defensive tackle Walvenski Aime of Fort Scott Community College has decided to re-open his recruiting process back up and de-commit from Miami just a little over a week after issuing his verbal pledge to the Hurricanes...

It was just over a week ago that Fort Scott C.C. defensive tackle Walvenski Aime committed to Miami, giving the Hurricanes one of the more massive defensive tackle commits in the country for the 2016 class. The junior college space-eater is 6-foot-5 and 300 pounds with a ton of athleticism.

NotesAime's body is that of a picture-perfect one-tech defensive lineman. He has the size and physique of a traditional space-eating, run-stuffing defensive tackle, which are hard to find. He's a load to handle because of how massive he is at 6-foot-5 and approaching 300 pounds. Another positive aspect of Aime's game is that he can be a three-down player if needed.

Second thoughts have creeped into the mind of Aime, as he informed Scout that he was rescinding his verbal pledge to the Hurricanes.

"I have de-committed from Miami," he said. "I still have love for them and like the program a lot. It does not end it with them. I'll consider them going forward."

Aime was very forthcoming when commenting on the reason why he's decided to re-open his recruiting process back up.

"I rushed the decision," he admitted. "I let my family get the best of me. I need to take my time and make my own decision. I will be considering everyone and taking all the visits I need to make sure I settle on the right school. It could be Miami but I need to see more to make sure it is them."

"I'm keeping all my options open," he added. "All the schools are back in play. I will consider everyone. I'm just opening my recruitment back up."

The Florida native doesn't have any extensive plans for the future, but one official visit has been scheduled, which will be his first of his process since his Miami visit was of the unofficial variety.

"I will take an official visit to Kentucky," Aime noted. "It's the only other visit I have set up at this time. The Kentucky visit will be on July 17."

JUCO DT Aimes De-Commits
David Lake - 5 hours ago 28

After securing his commitment just nine days ago, defensive tackle Walvenski Aimes has de-committed from the University of Miami.

Aimes (6-5, 295) is a JUCO prospect from Fort Scott Community College.

Aimes also claims offers from Cincinnati, Colorado State, Iowa State, Kansas , Kentucky, and Minnesota.

Because he was granted a medical redshirt for last season, Aimes has three years of eligibility to play.

Aimes attended Olympic Heights High School in Boca Raton, Florida.

The Hurricanes now have 21 commitments in the 2016 class. Miami has already suffered eight de-commitments from the class. In the 2015 recruiting class, the Hurricanes had 14 players de-commitment.

CLICK TO ENLARGE IMAGE

3/18/16
Removed Devin Gill and Walvenski Aimes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement

not sure who the middle is but i believe left is 2016 DE Jachai Polite from Mainland and right is 2018 Miami commit DB Josh Jobe. kid looks like he's college ready now

I thought the middle guy was Mike Pickney. But yes the other 2 are correct.

i'm surprised that Jobe and Polite know each other especially considering there is a 2 class difference and one plays at Mainland and the other at Columbus pretty interesting.

Advertisement
Back