Class of 2016 Revisited

Advertisement
Looking at this, you have to say the 'we dont have the talent' argument has some weight. I don't see a single OL player, and I know that Richt Yr 3 we didn't have one either. It starts in the trenches.

Looking at this, you have to say the 'we dont have the talent' argument has some weight. I don't see a single OL player, and I know that Richt Yr 3 we didn't have one either. It starts in the trenches.
Stfu.

Pull up CMU, UNC, Duke, FIU I guarantee that 7 is more than half of those combined.

Miss me with these bullshyt explanations. If we lose to Clemson and Bama fine but we are barely on par with UCF.

Advertisement
Lol what?? Finley is noticeable on the field maybe 2 times a game.. The position he lines up at automatically has him out of place. The Striker position is trash and it ruined any chances of him being drafted because it only exist in this 6-6 cfb program.

Yea well he's 4th best on the team in tackles (52) & passes defended (3). He was all over the field in several games especially FIU. You don't notice Finley because he's doing his job by locking up whoever he's assigned to or cleaning up someone else's mistake. That's a good thing.

And btw at least half the NFL have S/Lb hybrid positions comparable to the Striker or are transitioning to it.

Last edited:
One that watches the games.

I know you love Quarterman, but he ain't it.

If Quarterman could hide on the field 99% of the game and put up Robert Knowles-esque stats for his career like Finley then I guess you would be a fan of him too.

Advertisement
Reference:

Highest rated player: Sam Bruce/WR
# of 4 Star players or above: 9

In order of ranking:
  1. Sam Bruce/WR - sucked.
  2. Shaq Quarterman/LB - Llikely NFL player and 4-year starter.
  3. Ahmon Richards/WR - Hurt/retired.
  4. Jack Allison/QB - sucked.
  5. Joe Jackson/DE - NFL player.
  6. Travis Homer/RB - NFL player.
  7. Dionte Mullins/WR - sucked.
  8. Pat Bethel/DL - serviceable college player.
  9. Zach McCloud/LB - serviceable college player.
  10. Romeo Finley/Striker - serviceable college player.
  11. Jovani Haskins/TE - sucked.
  12. Malek Young/DB - Hurt/retired.
  13. Michael Pinckney/LB - Likely NFL player and 4-year starter.
  14. Cedrick Wright/S - sucked.
  15. Michael Irvin/TE- sucked.
  16. Dayall Harris/WR - sucked.
  17. Tre Johnson/OT - sucked.
  18. Tyreic Martin/DL - sucked.
  19. Jeff James/S - sucked.
If you're counting at home, the sucks (10) far outweigh the NFL and even serviceable players (7).

No wonder Miami sucked major **** this year. I'm almost afraid to look at 2017.

/****, I peeked!
Good list. Depending on his redshirt senior season and especially his measurable’s I’d list McLeod as likely NFL player. I also think Finley will play on the NFL as well.

AR the only really good player the rest are pretty average to well below. Speaks volumes

Who cares if these kids have an nfl career? See this is the problem with this program. They need to focus on being students athletes first then the nfl. Smh

Advertisement
2016swag120719-jpg.104506

Advertisement
Imagine the difference it would have made if we had recruited a normal class of say four OL.

We'll make them all 3-star kids and we will say 2 of them pan out as decent college players.

That alone gets us at least a respectable 9 wins

Reference:

Highest rated player: Sam Bruce/WR
# of 4 Star players or above: 9

In order of ranking:
  1. Sam Bruce/WR - sucked.
  2. Shaq Quarterman/LB - Llikely NFL player and 4-year starter.
  3. Ahmon Richards/WR - Hurt/retired.
  4. Jack Allison/QB - sucked.
  5. Joe Jackson/DE - NFL player.
  6. Travis Homer/RB - NFL player.
  7. Dionte Mullins/WR - sucked.
  8. Pat Bethel/DL - serviceable college player.
  9. Zach McCloud/LB - serviceable college player.
  10. Romeo Finley/Striker - serviceable college player.
  11. Jovani Haskins/TE - sucked.
  12. Malek Young/DB - Hurt/retired.
  13. Michael Pinckney/LB - Likely NFL player and 4-year starter.
  14. Cedrick Wright/S - sucked.
  15. Michael Irvin/TE- sucked.
  16. Dayall Harris/WR - sucked.
  17. Tre Johnson/OT - sucked.
  18. Tyreic Martin/DL - sucked.
  19. Jeff James/S - sucked.
If you're counting at home, the sucks (10) far outweigh the NFL and even serviceable players (7).

No wonder Miami sucked major **** this year. I'm almost afraid to look at 2017.

/****, I peeked!

The big issue is the lack of anything on the OL in that class. Helps explain the crap we saw this year.

Please point to another team that 1) fired its coach midseason and 2) signed a class with something remotely approaching a 50% hit rate.

There's issues with this program. The 2016 class is not an indictment of where we are and why we're struggling, however.

Advertisement
Back