Class Impact: Marc Britt exits

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
2020 Carol City WR Marc Britt decommitted from the Canes late last night.

The 6-2, 190-pounder is currently a 4-star in the national rankings. According to the 247Sports Composite, Britt is the #83 player nationally, #4 ATH in the country, and the #10 player in the Sunshine State. His decommitment moves Miami’s previous 2020 #2 class ranking down to #3 on 247Sports and #3 on Rivals.

The Background

Britt had been committed to Miami for just over a year now, pledging to UM back in early December 2017. Miami was Britt’s first major offer, but soon after he joined UM’s class, schools like Alabama, UF, and Penn State came calling to make the Carol City star reconsider. Like some of the other recent decommits, Britt was one you could see coming a mile away, as he has been seen rocking Bama gear around town lately. I guess he wanted to hop off the train when everyone else was so it wouldn’t be noticed as much? He certainly can’t use Diaz as an excuse.

Future of the Class

Britt's decommitment brings the total class numbers down to 7, and leaves Miami with two receivers in Category20 with Palm Beach Central 4-star Bryan Robinson and Miami Southridge 4-star Marcus Fleming. Britt is the last to go of UM’s original trio of 2020 star receivers, following Vanguard 4-star Leonard Manuel and Calabasas (CA) 4-star Jermaine Burton out of the class after Miami thought they were done at the position. The follies of recruiting too far ahead I guess.

Assuming both Robinson and Fleming stick, Miami is probably looking for just one other receiver in this class to replace Britt. Right now, they’d certainly like it to be Marcus Rosemy, the 5-star from St. Thomas Aquinas. Rosemy has been masterful at every camp event I’ve seen him at and has every program in the country after him. As of now, he looks to be favoring the Canes, as he’s visited UM more than any other program and even came for the FSU game this season. Rosemy will be a guy that the Canes will have to fend off big-time suitors until the end, but they are certainly well-positioned headed into the New Year.

If it’s not Rosemy, there are plenty of other local options UM has already offered that they could end up really pushing for. The most recent offer went to Chaminade-Madonna’s Elijah Canion just last week after having a big state title game and impressing the Miami coaches. Columbus 3-star Xzavier Henderson and Deerfield 3-star Deajaun McDougle are other local names that Miami is already in on that have shown interest as well. Burton is also an intriguing name that UM could get back involved with, as he just put UM in his top 5; however, I see that as unlikely at this moment.

Advertisement
2020 Carol City WR Marc Britt decommitted from the Canes late last night.

The 6-2, 190-pounder is currently a 3-star in the national rankings. According to the 247Sports Composite, Britt is the #83 player nationally, #4 ATH in the country, and the #10 player in the Sunshine State. His decommitment moves Miami’s previous 2020 #2 class ranking down to #3 on 247Sports and #3 on Rivals.

The Background

Britt had been committed to Miami for just over a year now, pledging to UM back in early December 2017. Miami was Britt’s first major offer, but soon after he joined UM’s class, schools like Alabama, UF, and Penn State came calling to make the Carol City star reconsider. Like some of the other recent decommits, Britt was one you could see coming a mile away, as he has been seen rocking Bama gear around town lately. I guess he wanted to hop off the train when everyone else was so it wouldn’t be noticed as much? He certainly can’t use Diaz as an excuse.

Future of the Class

Britt's decommitment brings the total class numbers down to 7, and leaves Miami with two receivers in Category20 with Palm Beach Central 4-star Bryan Robinson and Miami Southridge 4-star Marcus Fleming. Britt is the last to go of UM’s original trio of 2020 star receivers, following Vanguard 4-star Leonard Manuel and Calabasas (CA) 4-star Jermaine Burton out of the class after Miami thought they were done at the position. The follies of recruiting too far ahead I guess.

Assuming both Robinson and Fleming stick, Miami is probably looking for just one other receiver in this class to replace Britt. Right now, they’d certainly like it to be Marcus Rosemy, the 5-star from St. Thomas Aquinas. Rosemy has been masterful at every camp event I’ve seen him at and has every program in the country after him. As of now, he looks to be favoring the Canes, as he’s visited UM more than any other program and even came for the FSU game this season. Rosemy will be a guy that the Canes will have to fend off big-time suitors until the end, but they are certainly well-positioned headed into the New Year.

If it’s not Rosemy, there are plenty of other local options UM has already offered that they could end up really pushing for. The most recent offer went to Chaminade-Madonna’s Elijah Canion just last week after having a big state title game and impressing the Miami coaches. Columbus 3-star Xzavier Henderson and Deerfield 3-star Deajaun McDougle are other local names that Miami is already in on that have shown interest as well. Burton is also an intriguing name that UM could get back involved with, as he just put UM in his top 5; however, I see that as unlikely at this moment.

My man Stefan working overtime trying to keep up with all these exits the class posts. Never seen an exodus in numbers like this. I have to refresh my page to see who I missed.

Don't worry guys we have Alpha Blake to right the ship...lmfao.

No interviews

Does interview 2 days later

tumblr_n5xsfbTHnk1rlo1q2o1_400.jpg

Advertisement
Wow, this level of decommits is crazy for someone that wasn't the head coach. I know Britt is a WR but still.

Advertisement
Advertisement
So Miami is recruiting this guy again and may want him at db....Ivins said probably at safety which we obviously don't need.

Advertisement
He's a take...Nice senior film even when you adjust for the fact it's small school comp. Try him at all 3 positions and find his best one.

(Second one down is senior tape, "last ride")

It is one thing to miss on kids, or have kids decommit. That is just part of recruiting. Happens to the best of staffs.

But a recruiting infrastructure that consistently demonstrates a lack of a cohesive vision and strategy is unforgivable. Circling back around on Marc Britt, as a potential safety (when we were previously recruiting him as a WR, and only after losing out on other safety prospects), reeks of slapd!ck, seat-of-your-pants, no plan recruiting. Even if this ends up working out, which I guess it could, it seems like they'd be lucking into a fit rather than doing their due diligence and following any semblance of a recruiting strategy.

Advertisement
Back