Class Impact: Malik Curtis to Miami

He is not an easy take at DB at all. He has some speed, he has not even broken 10 seconds in the 100 meter dash yet. At CB he is a major project, and there are plenty of CB prospects out there that are fast. With that being said I like the take, he runs eerily similar to Travis Benjamin. Like who tf looks at his tape, which only has 3 defensive plays, and thinks CB.
Who looks at his tape and thinks that...hmmm, let me think about it....Maybe....the guys who get paid 6 figures, even 7 figures if CMD has to sign off on committable offers...

Advertisement
He runs just like Travis Benjamin but it seems that (aside from cb recruiting being sub par overall) most of the cornerbacks playing the position out of high school that want to come to Miami are slow... so what can you do at this point but try to find some fast athletes and convert em to DB?

We haven’t landed any of the top corners in South Florida in years. Thus, the results in the draft and on the field. We keep taking projects or undersized kids that are tweeners. We’re doing it again. Only earlier this cycle.
We can win with the Coastal with these guys. If UVA, VT, UNC etc can then we can. We win the Coastal annually and then we can croot the big boys/Top 100 DBs and grab our share of the elite SoFla DBs.

Advertisement
Who looks at his tape and thinks that...hmmm, let me think about it....Maybe....the guys who get paid 6 figures, even 7 figures if CMD has to sign off on committable offers...
The same people who just lost to Duke, Fiu, LATech, VT, NC, and almost Central Michigian, yeah they know exactly what they are doing and are doing a fantastic job.

ROFL, the clown show continues, all the ****'s in here debating whether or not this man has enuff speed cause he ran a low 11 100 meters are being imbeciles. All the quarantined ****'s in here, y'all got time to go train and see if y'all can beat his time, low 11's is riding out, and if he trains just a lil bit in track, he'd crack in the 10's, but football is not a track meet. Football is football, you need more quick than fast guys. While the cb room is a lil on the thin side, it's not as bad as it looks, we got 4 experienced corners, if healthy, 2 of the most competitive starting cb's we've had here at the same time with couch lurking. If all bodes well, we'll have 6 db's in the fold if their is an actual season.

The funny thing is, people keep acting like UM is known for having top notch cb's, lol, while we have been named "db U", that's primarily because of our Safeties. Their is not a long list of Miami cb's dominating in the pro's, those blaming coach rumph are clowns. Most of our best db's thru out the history of UM dominance we're not from Miami. Probably our last 2 best cb's to come out of UM was sam shields, who I said after his sophomore year should move to corner, and kelly jennings, antrelle rolled was probably the last cb from Miami that actually was dominant, and glenn sharpe had he stayed healthy definitely was on his way, other than that, can somebody please school us on the actual Miami born and bred dominant corners from Miami or that played at Miami or even elsewhere, I remember when we let torrie cox slide out the back door to Pitt, I kept telling people that man needs to be at UM!

Advertisement
He is not an easy take at DB at all. He has some speed, he has not even broken 10 seconds in the 100 meter dash yet. At CB he is a major project, and there are plenty of CB prospects out there that are fast. With that being said I like the take, he runs eerily similar to Travis Benjamin. Like who tf looks at his tape, which only has 3 defensive plays, and thinks CB.
He has high end speed... That's real 4.4 speed in my opinion

Our cb room is good enough to win the coastal imo....the problem has been recruiting a solid sec type front.... everybody looks at the losses but I don't care if we woulda landed Hendo, PS2 and TC....our pass rush has been garbage compared to teams they chose to play for...if Blades and Ivey played for those teams they would look much better to the eye....Miami finally has a solid front to make our DBs look good....
Sam Howell
James blackmon
Sam Hartman

Our solid QBs who have playmakers at WR this year. Howell is a elite QB who get production out just about anyone. Wake Forest has Sage Surratt who can torch any CB we have. I know it might sound crazy but blackmon could be in store for a big year. He has a very good deep ball and FSU is returning a lot of players in the O-Line and they have an elite WR in Tamorion Terry and DJ Matthews isn't a slouch either.

ROFL, the clown show continues, all the ****'s in here debating whether or not this man has enuff speed cause he ran a low 11 100 meters are being imbeciles. All the quarantined ****'s in here, y'all got time to go train and see if y'all can beat his time, low 11's is riding out, and if he trains just a lil bit in track, he'd crack in the 10's, but football is not a track meet. Football is football, you need more quick than fast guys. While the cb room is a lil on the thin side, it's not as bad as it looks, we got 4 experienced corners, if healthy, 2 of the most competitive starting cb's we've had here at the same time with couch lurking. If all bodes well, we'll have 6 db's in the fold if their is an actual season.

The funny thing is, people keep acting like UM is known for having top notch cb's, lol, while we have been named "db U", that's primarily because of our Safeties. Their is not a long list of Miami cb's dominating in the pro's, those blaming coach rumph are clowns. Most of our best db's thru out the history of UM dominance we're not from Miami. Probably our last 2 best cb's to come out of UM was sam shields, who I said after his sophomore year should move to corner, and kelly jennings, antrelle rolled was probably the last cb from Miami that actually was dominant, and glenn sharpe had he stayed healthy definitely was on his way, other than that, can somebody please school us on the actual Miami born and bred dominant corners from Miami or that played at Miami or even elsewhere, I remember when we let torrie cox slide out the back door to Pitt, I kept telling people that man needs to be at UM!

Now his son lil Torrie is a recruit this year out of chaminade. Think he had 2 or 3 picks last year against my alma mater

I can see why they want him at corner he’s got special make up speed it must be crazy the type of recievers we’re bringing in though if this kids not wanted for offense. He’s got great movement skills that’s why they wanna pack weight on him not sure of the talent he’s playing no disrespect but he looks like he was on another level from them dudes.

Advertisement
Sam Howell
James blackmon
Sam Hartman

Our solid QBs who have playmakers at WR this year. Howell is a elite QB who get production out just about anyone. Wake Forest has Sage Surratt who can torch any CB we have. I know it might sound crazy but blackmon could be in store for a big year. He has a very good deep ball and FSU is returning a lot of players in the O-Line and they have an elite WR in Tamorion Terry and DJ Matthews isn't a slouch either.

tumblr_inline_njfvalbbFD1ql3qyg.gif

They had one of the worst ol i seen last year. I mean Bethune Cookman was more respectable.

FSU has talent at WR though. Terry is a freak, AND Matthews is roscoe parrish like witht he ball in his hands.

They had one of the worst ol i seen last year. I mean Bethune Cookman was more respectable.

FSU has talent at WR though. Terry is a freak, AND Matthews is roscoe parrish like witht he ball in his hands.

I know the defensive pressure played a big role but Bandy locked him down

Now his son lil Torrie is a recruit this year out of chaminade. Think he had 2 or 3 picks last year against my alma mater

That's a good look, we definitely need to see about em, those are the type players we gotta get back to UM as well, but I'll say this, as the team is currently constructed, and honestly before than, j haven't been worried about recruiting once coach right got here and not even now!

Advertisement

They got that FIU OT Taylor coming to play RT and Return Lucas who was an All American I believe. Darius Washington can be a solid LT for them. There offensive line won't be very good but it will definitely be better then last year. I don't think we have a CB who can hang with Terry honestly

They got that FIU OT Taylor coming to play RT and Return Lucas who was an All American I believe. Darius Washington can be a solid LT for them. There offensive line won't be very good but it will definitely be better then last year. I don't think we have a CB who can hang with Terry honestly

Al Blades on the press, Bolden on the cover.

Advertisement
Back