Class Impact: Keyshawn Smith to Miami

View as article
TVD ain’t look his way. But this dude has special speed. Gattis gotta give him some easy in space throws since he can’t get open it seems lol

Advertisement
Legit feel like the offense was as vanilla as could be… definitely trying to instill that running game mentality with a mauling Oline ready to lean on you.

Obviously next week with a step up in opponents talent I think will air it out a bit more as I don’t Southern miss will let us run the ball down their throat for 4 quarters before they overload the box

Legit feel like the offense was as vanilla as could be… definitely trying to instill that running game mentality with a mauling Oline ready to lean on you.

Obviously next week with a step up in opponents talent I think will air it out a bit more as I don’t Southern miss will let us run the ball down their throat for 4 quarters before they overload the box
This is the offense bro lol, other situations will call for different stuff but that is what Mario wants his teams to look like.

Advertisement
This is the offense bro lol, other situations will call for different stuff but that is what Mario wants his teams to look like.
I think what we saw with the 2nd unit will be more the offense we see from now on. Obviously Mario wants to establish the run, just looked like when Garcia came in we moved a little faster and threw downfield a little more. Everything seemed underneath with TVD, hoping that was just to keep it very vanilla.

I think what we saw with the 2nd unit will be more the offense we see from now on. Obviously Mario wants to establish the run, just looked like when Garcia came in we moved a little faster and threw downfield a little more. Everything seemed underneath with TVD, hoping that was just to keep it very vanilla.
Was similar concepts just different reads from what I remember off first watch but I don’t understand why we still think it’s vanilla. Like do we really think for the sake of being vanilla we wont take any deep shots like what are we showing with just a regular 9 route lol? this is the foundation of the offense. We’ll see some deep shots here n there but its not the focus of this offense, we’ll still win games

Was similar concepts just different reads from what I remember off first watch but I don’t understand why we still think it’s vanilla. Like do we really think for the sake of being vanilla we wont take any deep shots like what are we showing with just a regular 9 route lol? this is the foundation of the offense. We’ll see some deep shots here n there but its not the focus of this offense, we’ll still win games
I agree, but what I saw with TVD was just guys getting to sticks and sitting down pretty much. I think there will be more downfield passing attack was what I was trying to imply. Scheme won't be different, just thought we actually opened it up a little more with Garcia.

BCU was rushing 4 and dropping everyone practically the whole game so we had the short & intermediate stuff easily available. Plus, we had a size advantage in the trenches which lent to running a lot. As defenses put more bodies in the box we'll definitely pass more.

Advertisement
BCU was rushing 4 and dropping everyone practically the whole game so we had the short & intermediate stuff easily available. Plus, we had a size advantage in the trenches which lent to running a lot. As defenses put more bodies in the box we'll definitely pass more.
I know we’ll pass more, im just sayin Gattis pass game isn’t vertical alot which is fine with me i just wanna be explosive and win so we can get elite wrs

I know we’ll pass more, im just sayin Gattis pass game isn’t vertical alot which is fine with me i just wanna be explosive and win so we can get elite wrs
True. I think having TVD at least will entice him to try a few a game but yes he's not a push it vertically all the time OC. Those 2 longer passes to Restrepo TVD placed those perfectly as usual, hopefully Gattis adjusts with more of those plays.

The definition of a balanced offense.

People forget that a good running game is QB best friend. No need to say more.
(Actually you can substitute "QB" with "passing game" and you still be right)

Advertisement

TVD took what the defense gave him.

Advertisement
Back