Class Impact: Keshawn Washington to Miami

Advertisement
Isn't he a little slow for LB also? Seems like this kid is a place holder until we get something better.

I was really impressed with him at paradise with his size and range. He didn’t have the season I was expecting coming off that but still has his senior year to go now. I don’t think those times you guys pulled up tell the whole story off what I saw up close. He just needs to get in the weight room, striker is perfect for him.

I don’t get why they don’t look at a kid running track & understand that a ton of kids are running track as a way to get faster for football...it’s free speed training.

Guys be going way too crazy over track times.,.i look at it like the kid is competing in a sport that they are likely not excelling in & are using it to be better football players.

Advertisement
I don’t get why they don’t look at a kid running track & understand that a ton of kids are running track as a way to get faster for football...it’s free speed training.

Guys be going way too crazy over track times.,.i look at it like the kid is competing in a sport that they are likely not excelling in & are using it to be better football players.

It's not the track times that worry me - its the shuttle and vert that do. Track times are nice but safeties/strikers need to play in space so lateral movement and explosion is just as important as straight line speed.

As i mentioned in another thread, 1 data point doesn't mean anything. A bad 40 but great shuttles, 3-cones, vert, etc could mean elite short area quickness but lacks long speed. Many DBs have fallen into that category before. A bad vert but good speed drills could means a kid is quick as a cat but may struggle battling for 50/50 balls or bigger WRs. That's fine. But when your only 2 data points are the worst vert and 2nd worst shuttle in your position, it has to raise eyebrows.....and not only below average for your position, but below average for other positions with bigger players. On top of it there is no 40 time to counter the speed argument. We just had a similar situation with Sanguinetti, so fans will be a little cautious about those times bc we saw how it played out.

By the way, Sanguinetti's shuttle (4.53) and vert (28.5) were both better than Washington (4.69, 26.3).....and people killed him on here. I just don't know what age each kid was when they tested, but i'm sure others on here do. Hopefully Washington can take a giant leap forward this year in the weight room and those numbers.

It's not the track times that worry me - its the shuttle and vert that do. Track times are nice but safeties/strikers need to play in space so lateral movement and explosion is just as important as straight line speed.

As i mentioned in another thread, 1 data point doesn't mean anything. A bad 40 but great shuttles, 3-cones, vert, etc could mean elite short area quickness but lacks long speed. Many DBs have fallen into that category before. A bad vert but good speed drills could means a kid is quick as a cat but may struggle battling for 50/50 balls or bigger WRs. That's fine. But when your only 2 data points are the worst vert and 2nd worst shuttle in your position, it has to raise eyebrows.....and not only below average for your position, but below average for other positions with bigger players. On top of it there is no 40 time to counter the speed argument. We just had a similar situation with Sanguinetti, so fans will be a little cautious about those times bc we saw how it played out.

By the way, Sanguinetti's shuttle (4.53) and vert (28.5) were both better than Washington (4.69, 26.3).....and people killed him on here. I just don't know what age each kid was when they tested, but i'm sure others on here do. Hopefully Washington can take a giant leap forward this year in the weight room and those numbers.

I’m not one of those people...I’d like to know whom are they comparing his shuttle & vert metrics to?

These are times/scores from a 16 year old...let’s calm down.

Advertisement
So with what seems to be a permanent move to move maccloud inside it seems like the striker has taken over as a permanent position. Since we only have 1 scholarship dude there after this year it makes sense the staff is bringing in both Branch and Washington.

If I’m Manny, I drop him. By no means should we tolerate this mess anymore.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back