Class Impact: Kamren Kinchens to Miami

It would be just like Miami to have all three of our starting safeties go pro. If that happens, they'll move one of Gil or Keontra back to S for the season, with Dunson and Harrel our next most senior guys. You have to think Tae, James Williams and Kinchens have a shot to start straight out of the gate, and regardless will be playing a lot as true freshmen.

I don't want that scenario. I'm just saying we should be prepared for it mentally. And then watch Hall get drafted in the 6-7th round and Carter go UFA..
I am not sure playing Carter at safety is a better situation than playing a true freshman.

Advertisement
Manny and Banda really needed to hit on Safety after constantly missing out on a ton of talent (Jobe, Stevenson, Francois, Battle, Daniel Wright, Shawn Davis, etc.)

Amari Carter is clearly not a Miami level safety. Neither was Derrick Smith who transferered out

We started a 2 star in Robert Knowles

Banda did a great job with Jamal Carter, Rayshawn Jenkins, Jaquan Johnson, and Sheldrick Redwine - But none were really Blue Chip Talents/Athletes

With Avante Williams, Kam Kitchens, and James Williams all being 5 Star Talents, hopefully we start to see some real game changing, play making Safeties roaming around in Miami's secondary again, and causing fear to QBs. Bolden has started to get there but needs more consistency.

Also - Not sure whats up with Gurvan, but he seemed to be developing into a stud last year especially around the FSU game. This year he looks disinterested and seems to have regressed. Not sure if its injury related or because our staff is still playing dumbass Amari "I don't tackle I target" Carter over him; But he's been a huge disappointment so far from a big recruit we landed over the big dawgs (Bama, UGA, etc.)
Jaquan Johnson was a consensus 4 🌟, so was Jamal Carter. Redwine and Jenkins were cream of the crop athletes. All of them are currently playing in the NFL. What are you talking about?

Advertisement
Kinchens is a certified beast. We are very fortunate to have a kid with his kind of talent and potential. He's definitely championship defense-caliber talent.

I love the talent infusion we are making at DL and S. It's very impressive. Just need to upgrade LB and CB recruiting (and get a better DC), and we have the makings of an elite defense. Which is why missing on Marshall and T Lewis stings. We could desperately use those guys.

Very grateful for Kinchens, though.

Advertisement
This man needs a year or so in the weight room.. avante is probably playing heavy Corner-back and Special teams..

Advertisement
No he’s not! Don’t let rivals fool maybe 170 -180 and even Banda and manny said Avante could help them out at CB and hips haven’t stopped Ivey lol
Bruh this kid is def 200 he is bulked up and ok fair enough with Ivey but watch avantae at the rivals camps and you’ll see what I’m saying

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back