Class Impact: Justin Hodges to Miami

View as article
If it is Darian Branch he ran a 4.62 at the New Orleans Opening back on 3/10/19. Francois ran a 4.64 at the Opening here in Feb.
Unfortunately there is so much Bull ***** being put out by people without any factual basis. People seem to just make up something or claimed they heard it from someone else without any documentation.

Advertisement
these posts are cracking me up. maybe consider the fact that no school in the country recruits solely off a single 40 yard dash time posted on 247.

Of course not. A kid could have a bad start or the track/turf could be really slow that day. BUT, when you look at the times Hodges has posted running track, they seem to confirm that he is in fact slow. So it's not just that single 40-yard dash time.

We are chasing after this legit 6 foot and 188 pounds DB (Xavion Alford) and we have Patke at a satellite camp in Texas today where he will be. This kid has not run track in high school but still posted a 4.55 in the 40 and a vertical of 36 inches at the Opening in Texas of March 17. This guy with no track experience has run a 4.55 and he is projected as a safety by schools like Bama, Georgia, LSU, etc.. How can a guy at 4.9 be a corner?
https://247sports.com/Player/Xavion-Alford-46051445/

Last edited:
Advertisement
Unfortunately, some coaches recruit kids who remind them of themselves. Rump was a tall, cerebral CB who couldn’t run. Shannon made a habit of it especially at LB.
Lol, I just got Glenn Cook flashbacks right now...
The big difference is Randy Shannon was an 11th round pick who was an undersized LB (6'0, 221); Mike Rumph was a prototype CB/S at 6'2, 205 who was drafted in the first round.

The big difference is Randy Shannon was an 11th round pick who was an undersized LB (6'0, 221); Mike Rumph was a prototype CB/S at 6'2, 205 who was drafted in the first round.
Rumph was a bust considering where he was drafted because he was tall, stiff and slow kind of like some of the guys he’s recruiting. He wasn’t a “prototype” at all. He was overdrafted.

Rumph was a bust considering where he was drafted because he was tall, stiff and slow kind of like some of the guys he’s recruiting. He wasn’t a “prototype” at all. He was overdrafted.

49ers Top 10 NFL Draft Busts: No. 4 - Mike Rumph, Cornerback
"Rumph had plenty of upside but it became quite clear quite quickly that the 49ers were going to get more of the worst case scenario than the best-case scenario. He really couldn't cover (an occasionally useful skill for cornerbacks) and he didn't bring much in the way of speed. "

Advertisement
No way Hodges runs a 4.9.
With that frame he must have been eating a sandwich when he ran it. Someone start a go fund me and let’s buy some laser timers. Set up a fastest man in sofla contest. My money is that he’s at least a low 4.6.

No way Hodges runs a 4.9.
With that frame he must have been eating a sandwich when he ran it. Someone start a go fund me and let’s buy some laser timers. Set up a fastest man in sofla contest. My money is that he’s at least a low 4.6.
You are wanting it to be that. He ran the 4.89 at a combine. Then he runs track this years and posts an 11.99 in the 100 meters. Are all the times wrong? One is the Opening laser time, and the high school tract times at 100m that are done by Timing/Results Track Timing & Data Management contracted out by the Florida High School Athletic Association (FHSAA).
Some people ignore factual timing in favor of personal opinions for whatever reason.

You are wanting it to be that. He ran the 4.89 at a combine. Then he runs track this years and posts an 11.99 in the 100 meters. Are all the times wrong? One is the Opening laser time, and the high school tract times at 100m that are done by Timing/Results Track Timing & Data Management contracted out by the Florida High School Athletic Association (FHSAA).
Some people ignore factual timing in favor of personal opinions for whatever reason.
You are wasting your breath some people will never hear what they do not want to. Let it go. Reality eventually wakes up even the dead.

I’m trying really hard to defend the staff. It’s been posted on here all of his times. But I keep rubbing my eyes.
599984CF-9693-4D6B-952F-93AA39BC8508.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Man they all say this stuff but for the big fish it doesn't matter. Williams & Harris were both Miami Blooded and a Cane 100% till they weren't. The difference is Hodges isn't a stud. He's a nice player but he's not recruited nationally.
All facts

Man they all say this stuff but for the big fish it doesn't matter. Williams & Harris were both Miami Blooded and a Cane 100% till they weren't. The difference is Hodges isn't a stud. He's a nice player but he's not recruited nationally.

That’s fine though. Lets appreciate him shutting down his recruitment and going into his senior year locking down folks as a UM commit.

Ya I appreciate Hodges...Liked his tape as an underrated kid since LCE first posted it last year..Happy UM took him. .But lauderdaleballer makes a fair point ^^. It ain't Bama, GA, and Clemson that Hodges is closing the door on. Let's hope he works on his homie and new teammate James Williams.

Neither was Ivey. Hodges is exactly his mold as well as his cuz Al Jr.

Advertisement
Back