Class Impact: Jason Munoz to Miami

great write up as usual Stefan but as you mention it's obvious Munoz is going to be a DT here, so personally I'm putting him in the DT class along with Daxon. I'm in the boat that we need (bare minimum 3 DEs) but I'd prefer 4 DEs and 4 DTs.

Give me this DL class and lets ride!!

DE - Cam Williams (commit)
DE - Bogle (instant impact guy)
DE - Jermaine Johnson (instant impact JUCO)
DE - Harvey or Summerall (more of a project type but sky high potential)
DT - Daxon (commit)
DT - Munoz (commit)
DT - Ingraham
DT - Sorrells, Davis or Hunter

Advertisement
His mom is truly playing herself.

How long has it been since a Miami player has been arrested
Isn't it funny when the Moms want kids to pick Miami the kids go the other way and when kids want to go to Miami and the mom isn't on board they listen to mom. Smh

I like this kids tangibles, i can dig the pick up

About our DL recruiting, its been sub par so far gotta step up and get some top kids here, need a dominant DL

According to TOS he measured 6-3 and 276 pounds at the 7 on 7. Since he is at a school where he cannot be an EE he will be around 285-290 the way he is growing come next June .Hopefully we get enough depth from this year where if needed he can RS if needed.

Advertisement
Our DL recruiting is worrisome, imo. This is a pivotal year when looking at next years potential depth chart. There is such great opportunity for kids to come in and get early snaps. I’ve read some not so great reports about Daxon lately. Munoz is a project. And the big names don’t appear to be showing a lot of genuine interest. I know Simpson is supposed to be a great teacher, but I hope we didn’t get Kool 2.0 in terms of his recruiting prowess/effort. I really expected some in roads to be made with some of these big GA bodies and it doesn’t seem to be happening. I know it’s still early, but I had loftier expectations.

Advertisement
Our DL recruiting is worrisome, imo. This is a pivotal year when looking at next years potential depth chart. There is such great opportunity for kids to come in and get early snaps. I’ve read some not so great reports about Daxon lately. Munoz is a project. And the big names don’t appear to be showing a lot of genuine interest. I know Simpson is supposed to be a great teacher, but I hope we didn’t get Kool 2.0 in terms of his recruiting prowess/effort. I really expected some in roads to be made with some of these big GA bodies and it doesn’t seem to be happening. I know it’s still early, but I had loftier expectations.

Bruh it's June 4th and the man has only been on the staff for 2 months.

He is going after kids who have been recruited by schools for over a year now. And Inroads? He was a HS coach for 20 years and 1 year as an Assistant DL coach. Some of yall just expected him to pull Miracles

Bruh it's June 4th and the man has only been on the staff for 2 months.

He is going after kids who have been recruited by schools for over a year now. And Inroads? He was a HS coach for 20 years and 1 year as an Assistant DL coach. Some of yall just expected him to pull Miracles

Perhaps we should have pursued someone with a bit more collegiate experience since this is such a crucial position of need for us this year. I know we took the cheap way out with him, but I’m trying to remain optimistic!

If they're going to take a project type of lineman, I prefer they take a guy like Munoz who appears to be a "high floor" type. He's got good size and the reviews on his technique are all positive. Plus, keeping that pipeline at STA flowing can only help with future recruits down the line. I see this guy being a rotational player at the very least.

Dude had a broken leg last year. I am sure if he would have played he would be ranked higher. You star whores need to chill. I would rather have a no nonsense kid who is going to work to get better than these Diva’s who are all about the process!

Advertisement
This staff only offers elite DTs. We miss out on them, but they have refused to extend offers to anything less than elite. That's one reason why the numbers aren't ideal right now. They have either gotten the elite guys, or pocked the scholarship for next year.
This stuff that only offers elite DTs, offered Munoz in June. After they saw him in person, and were so blown away by him, they paired him with the best OL, just to confirm he actually was that good.
People (or the same poster really) that keeps using Munoz as evidence for concern, are just being dumb. There's no reason to think Munoz isn't elite based on this staff's offer history and the reports from this weekend.

Kancey was a kid I wanted an offer for. Considering Munoz outplayed him and has a more ideal size/weight for the position, then by definition, without even seeing him play, Munoz is a kid I wanted them to offer, too.

Some kids are camp warriors, and don't look close to as good on Friday nights/Saturday. Maybe that's Munoz, and perhaps Simpson and Diaz rushed to judgment. But with flyers like this, you gotta trust the coaches to make the right call. And I would argue they have a high hit rate so far.

Advertisement
At 6' 4" 270 lbs and just entering his senior year of high school, I have to believe this kid is going to be a DT all the way. He doesn't have any bad weight and looks pretty strong. Once Gus Felder lays his hands on him, Munoz is going to be 285 -290 his freshman year.

He's perfect. Spread some Felder dust on him,, and move him inside to DT where he can feast!!!

And will prob be here for paradise ^

He's a bigtime Miami fan. Saban sold him on it being a business and not going to a school simply because you're a fan. Honestly, I'd be shocked if he doesnt go SEC, whether it be Bama or UGA.

Advertisement
Back