Class Impact: James Williams to Miami, Part Two

View as article
Sean Taylor being the best athlete I ever seen at safety, someone tell me where he is on an athletic scale compared to ST. With ST being a 10

Advertisement
I don't think he's strictly a Safety at all. He's gotta be moved around IMO.

Not only is this epic because we're getting a local alpha/5-star talent, but we're finally creating some legit competition on our roster. That's the biggest thing for me.

it may be blasphemy to the guys partial to the defensive side of the ball, but look at the high school senior year tape of Andre Johnson. Then look at Williams' film playing wideout. Tell me if anything looks familiar.

Sean Taylor being the best athlete I ever seen at safety, someone tell me where he is on an athletic scale compared to ST. With ST being a 10

9. He’ll be the closest we’ve had since. Watch the play (believe first play on his tape) where he makes don chaney look stupid. Elite tracking skills like Simmons and good ball skills to go along.

9. He’ll be the closest we’ve had since. Watch the play (believe first play on his tape) where he makes don chaney look stupid. Elite tracking skills like Simmons and good ball skills to go along.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts

Advertisement

Not only is this epic because we're getting a local alpha/5-star talent, but we're finally creating some legit competition on our roster. That's the biggest thing for me.
and we are adding a different level of athlete. I mean when is the last time we've had a running back as explosive as rooster? we've had very good ones but his burst is nuts. The 2020 class is very good and this is adding to it.

If we just talking athletically I would say an 8.

Taylor Mays from USC would be the 9. He was supposed to be the next ST. Athletically he was off the charts like ST but didn’t have the dog in him.

He also seems to be a guy other alphas wanna play with

After watching those highlights I can’t help but wonder why the coaches kept calling the deep passes. It is almost comical seeing Williams with time to settle under the pass for the interception and then jump 12 inches per the receiver. Only thing more comical is watching him go over a 5’8” corner. UM definitely needs to consider using Williams on jump balls in the end zone.

Advertisement
That film is ridiculous. Too often you hear the term 'man among boys.' In this case, it's truly fitting. And with the bonus of having him line up at WR in goal line situations? Oh, lawdy!

IMO this guy will grow into an elite Striker for this team. He’s a prototype for that position. He’s got Isaiah Simmons written all over him

Advertisement
Back