Class Impact: Jahfari Harvey to Miami

They was hating before, those 3 should have been ranked that already. Huff and smith should be even higher. I think Huff is a top 50 talent, he’s that good

They weren’t hating, they never hate, and this happens every year. Many Canes get a bump, some don’t, and some drop. It happens to every team in Miami’s league.

Advertisement
The rankings never hate on us. That’s just an excuse. They have a lot of reputation on the line and they’ll never under rate a player when they know they are good. They wanna be right. With that being said we went up in the rankings without even landing a recruit. That’s ******* amazing. Gotta trust this staff they prove worthy of being trusted over and over.

Miami Hurricanes DE Jahfari Harvey sees rankings bump, enters 247Sports Top247

"It was then when college contacts kept mentioning Harvey as a player that impressed during Vero Beach’s practices. One stating that Harvey was much closer in talent to Top247 defensive end Khris Bogle than the rankings suggested after seeing both in the same week."
Wait...... You mean these guys actually don't watch these kids that much and rate then based off of whay they hear instead of what they see? Color me shocked

Harvey will be a beast. Gotta get Bogle and/or Weaver cause we need depth. Williams and Summerall are gonna be very good but they are gonna need a little time. I’m hyped that we are putting so much effort into the trenches.

Advertisement
The rankings never hate on us. That’s just an excuse. They have a lot of reputation on the line and they’ll never under rate a player when they know they are good. They wanna be right. With that being said we went up in the rankings without even landing a recruit. That’s ******* amazing. Gotta trust this staff they prove worthy of being trusted over and over.

Anyone who saw his HUDL and 7x7 highlights could tell this kid would blow up. The rankings are absolutely meaningless until the end of the recruiting cycle, and by then, it's too late for a program to jump in to nab a recruit unless he's committed to a school that's in disarray. Also, the rankings can't just load up with South Florida and Florida kids, they need to include recruits from other areas nationally to show more balance, and those kids often don't play against top competition like our local kids do, so have a higher bust rate.

At the end of the day, it all comes down to how well our coaches do their evaluations, not the rankings. And with that said, I'll take these coaches evals over any "expert" from Rivals, 247, et al.

Anyone who saw his HUDL and 7x7 highlights could tell this kid would blow up. The rankings are absolutely meaningless until the end of the recruiting cycle, and by then, it's too late for a program to jump in to nab a recruit unless he's committed to a school that's in disarray. Also, the rankings can't just load up with South Florida and Florida kids, they need to include recruits from other areas nationally to show more balance, and those kids often don't play against top competition like our local kids do, so have a higher bust rate.

At the end of the day, it all comes down to how well our coaches do their evaluations, not the rankings. And with that said, I'll take these coaches evals over any "expert" from Rivals, 247, et al.
This over and over and over and over again. Why people get worried about rankings in June is just beyond me.

All of a sudden the recruiting sites aren’t biased against Miami, right.

It's not bias normally its more 1) unqualified people making evals, 2) evals based on limited or incomplete info.

Player ratings generally get better as senior seasons come to an end. But still, many of these kids are rated based only on their highlight tapes and offer lists. The system also favors kids who go to camps, even though we've seen so many camp superstars become busts.

Its a flawed system. It does a generally good job of measuring talent, but it doesn't match how in depth coaches coaches are when it comes to evaluating individual guys

They was hating before, those 3 should have been ranked that already. Huff and smith should be even higher. I think Huff is a top 50 talent, he’s that good

Agree. Huff is the best player in our class.

The only rankings I really have an issue with are him and Crowley. If McIntosh is a mid-4* then Crowley should at least be that.

And for our remaining targets, Ingraham should be much higher. I can't believe Rivals dropped him to a 3*

Advertisement
It’s a shame, I have read on this site so many times that the ranking sites have an anti Miami bias and bump kids to sell subscriptions to bigger fan bases. Anyone know where he is flipping to?

Wait...... You mean these guys actually don't watch these kids that much and rate then based off of whay they hear instead of what they see? Color me shocked

You might want to hear the cane cast with Kevin Patrick on it, you’ll hear how bs the rankings can be.

A recruit he was after lost a star because he decommitted from UF and went USF. It only took 2 days for that to happen. Other examples of guys gaining a star , or going from UR to four star after committing to bama.

He also said a lot of these coaches are paid bonuses off of 4-5 Star commits , so they give the service guys motivation to bump their guys rating $$$$.

KP is friends with a few guys at the recruiting services , and he doesn’t think much of the Star/ catalog recruiting.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Agree. Huff is the best player in our class.

The only rankings I really have an issue with are him and Crowley. If McIntosh is a mid-4* then Crowley should at least be that.

And for our remaining targets, Ingraham should be much higher. I can't believe Rivals dropped him to a 3*

There isn’t a LB I would take over Huff in this class. Kid is going to blow up now that he is at STA and will have more attention on him. Just wait until Felder gets ahold of him.

What a find by the staff. This kid will be a freak once he hits the college weight room and nutrition program. Any chance he becomes an EE?

You might want to hear the cane cast with Kevin Patrick on it, you’ll hear how bs the rankings can be.

A recruit he was after lost a star because he decommitted from UF and went USF. It only took 2 days for that to happen. Other examples of guys gaining a star , or going from UR to four star after committing to bama.

He also said a lot of these coaches are paid bonuses off of 4-5 Star commits , so they give the service guys motivation to bump there guys rating $$$$.

KP is friends with a few guys at the recruiting services , and he doesn’t think much of the Star/ catalog recruiting.
As crazy as it reads it makes total sense

Advertisement
It’s a shame, I have read on this site so many times that the ranking sites have an anti Miami bias and bump kids to sell subscriptions to bigger fan bases. Anyone know where he is flipping to?

You’ve read here but it’s not true. It’s something fans do to overcompensate for their own.

Advertisement
Back