Class Impact: Don Chaney Jr. to Miami

How do you compare Knighton to Dalvin Cook?

They look pretty similar to me in terms of running style and build. Maybe it's the number.
Good comparison. Very similar style.

Go take a look at his Junior tape. There's some ridiculous plays on there where he's completely out running angles.

Advertisement
Actually just got confirmation that Belen made it happen for Tavish Rice (kicker a couple years ago) so I’d assume the same applies.

My b.

No worries bro. You went there. I didn’t. That’s great to hear either way. Would be great to have him in the room with Lo, Cam, Asa, and possibly MAR (my shades on).

No worries bro. You went there. I didn’t. That’s great to hear either way. Would be great to have him in the room with Lo, Cam, Asa, and possibly MAR (my shades on).

Actually just got confirmation that Belen made it happen for Tavish Rice (kicker a couple years ago) so I’d assume the same applies.

My b.

Can confirm this. Tavish was with my brother. Belen made it happen, they would definitely make it happen for Chaney to go to UM.

It's cause he plays in the Wing-T.
Wing-T is a phone booth offense.

I always question a running backs vision when he plays in the Wing-T and if/how it will translate to a different offense.
Running Buck Sweep is nothing like running Inside Zone. I saw it with Lingard last spring, in practice. He had no clue how to find the "backdoor" on zone running plays.
All fair points. As someone who played in and against that f'in Wing-T, there are positions in it, specifically wingbacks, which can be at a disadvantage when transitioning to other schemes. However, if you've watched Don, you know he's kind of used all over the place. For example, the fullback position in the Wing-T gets a lot of Belly carries. You might get a better sense for how a back would transition from those inside the tackle plays.

As for the Lo comparison and observation, again fair, it also should be noted Lo doesn't have the same lateral ability. Finally, as far as I know, Belen also runs out of the Gun now a bit and began incorporating some RPO (allegedly).

All fair points. As someone who played in and against that f'in Wing-T, there are positions in it, specifically wingbacks, which can be at a disadvantage when transitioning to other schemes. However, if you've watched Don, you know he's kind of used all over the place. For example, the fullback position in the Wing-T gets a lot of Belly carries. You might get a better sense for how a back would transition from those inside the tackle plays.

As for the Lo comparison and observation, again fair, it also should be noted Lo doesn't have the same lateral ability. Finally, as far as I know, Belen also runs out of the Gun now a bit and began incorporating some RPO (allegedly).

Just to be clear, I'm not saying that I don't want him or that he won't pan out. Just saying that the transition is always interesting to me. That's the first thing I paid attention to while watching lingard practice.

Advertisement
I say grab Parrish and Murphy and call it a day. You shoot your shot at Knighton and Bowman, but you cut bait the minute they or their coaching staffs play games. I really wanna see what the Murphy kid can do. There are some kids from areas that aren't hotbeds or don't have good competition that can flat out play. If he looks like a guy that can thrive against comp down here, he'll be fine. If he gets here and plays RB like a pass-first point guard, the cupboard will still be full

Yall really sleeping on Dallas though. He's a swiss army knife. And there's been times where he's the only offensive player who showed up.
That should be his position. He should be literally be listed on our rooster as SAK or OW(offensive weapon). 10-15 carries and 5 catches per game should be the goal for him. He's our Randall Cobb, use him like that. If Enos does, Deejay will be a Hornung finalist at least...

Advertisement
Reminds me of the Yearby/Cook debate. Ultimately we won’t know until they hit the field. I do think DJJ is a legit recruit.

Good comparison. Very similar style.

Go take a look at his Junior tape. There's some ridiculous plays on there where he's completely out running angles.

Yeah this kid is a beast...Give him the slight edge over Parrish. Knighton and Chaney too much to ask for?

That should be his position. He should be literally be listed on our rooster as SAK or OW(offensive weapon). 10-15 carries and 5 catches per game should be the goal for him. He's our Randall Cobb, use him like that. If Enos does, Deejay will be a Hornung finalist at least...

Ya I hear ya, he's ok like that...But I really think he's an every down back. I think he has the ability to go for 1k they year. Very underrated imo.

i'm interested to see what deejay looks like in the enos offense. alex collins ran for 1,600 yards in his one year with enos and i think he's similar to deejay in that both are bigger backs who are light on their feet and excel at making cuts in small spaces.

personally think cam davis/harris is the best back on the team though. he has the best burst, good vision and runs hard... if he can catch passes like was advertised out of high school he could be an NFL back.

Advertisement
Ya I hear ya, he's ok like that...But I really think he's an every down back. I think he has the ability to go for 1k they year. Very underrated imo.
I think he has the ability to go 1k this year, just like Cobb could've been a 1k rusher at UK but I think due to his versatility and the other talented RB's we have, it'll be in his best interest and ours to use him as an all-around weapon. Sorta like Drake and the Jacobs kid were used at Bama. Just as talented at RB as the others but brings dimensions the others can't or can't as well as him.

i'm interested to see what deejay looks like in the enos offense. alex collins ran for 1,600 yards in his one year with enos and i think he's similar to deejay in that both are bigger backs who are light on their feet and excel at making cuts in small spaces.

personally think cam davis/harris is the best back on the team though. he has the best burst, good vision and runs hard... if he can catch passes like was advertised out of high school he could be an NFL back.

He is known for his hands, on the camp circuit he had some of the best hands of any back in recent years...The diff between him and the other backs on our roster is he probably tops out 205ish...Dallas 215 or so, Martin can carry 215 or so, and lingard prob can to at 5'11 or so

Advertisement
**** no.
Chaney doesn't have the jets that Knighton has or the wiggle.

Based on what?

Chaney's verified laser 40 time is 4.40.

Knighton's verified laser 40 time is 4.53.

Knighton has actually tested out as a mediocre athlete: 4.53 40, 4.53 shuttle, 37 PB, 31.8 Vert, 87.27 Sparq (below average per Lance's data)

I don't k now anything about HS football, but is being from Belen a red flag? Is the competition he faces good enough to judge film off of?

I disagree with Stefan about Dallas starting and possibly going pro. I just don't see Dallas starting over Lo and Cam in a new offense. It was clear to me that Cam was more explosive and natural as a runner. He was the best RB on the roster late in the season. Lo just has too much potential not to give him snaps. Dallas should be used as a 3rd down back and with a wildcat wrinkle here and there. Cam and Lo should be the main guys.
I definitely wouldn't mind seeing deejay in the slot

Advertisement
Back