Class Impact: Denzel Daxon Exits

View as article
Our de group is nasty and this group may get even better the next 2 years. Now yes our dts arent elite like Bama, OSU and Clemson but they are way better then most and with more depth they'll constantly cause problems for teams so we aren't lacking

Advertisement
Nesta's get off is as good as a DE.

With Malcolm Ray and Anaele and whomever else Carol City has i expect that DL to be vicious. Yea Daxon is a kid new to football, weightroom etc. He's very strong though and Tunsil has those guys going to the gym based off of twitter. Interesting to see where he heads to from here
A 3 acronym school
FAU
UCF
FIU
USF
MTS
ECU

Louisville puts a lot of "Denzel Daxon" types (passed on or overlooked *South* Florida players) into the NFL. Eli Rogers, John Miller, Charles Gaines, Lamar Jackson, Gerod Holliman, BJ Dubose, Brandon Radcliff, James Burgess, and all the way back to Elvis Dumervil. Also if you extend to simply to the state of Florida, you can add James Hearns, Geron Christian, Johnny Patrick, Bilal Powell, Deontrez Mount, Josh Bellamy, among some others. That is a disproportionately high number of players from one state that an out-of-state college team produces pro players for.

Louisville does good work down here and them taking Daxon bodes well for Daxon. He'll player up there. Hope he sticks with that commit or they stick with him. Its a good fit for both.

Advertisement
Advertisement
That’s really ****ed up to cut him so late. With only 4 commits left, they must think these guys are terrible

Well it's a new coach so its expected. They probably looked at his academic situation and said "We wont even try"

What's shocking is how he isnt even recruiting DJ Williams who committed to him at Appy State.

Well it's a new coach so its expected. They probably looked at his academic situation and said "We wont even try"

What's shocking is how he isnt even recruiting DJ Williams who committed to him at Appy State.
He knows DJ got better options

Hate it for the kids but I do feel like new coaches are in a tough spot on this front.

If they reviewed Daxon's tape or transcript and didn't like it, the better move is probably to tell him so now, rather than have him sign, then bury him on the bench and cost him opportunities / eligibility when he inevitably transfers.

Yet another reason kids should be able to transfer without restrictions.

Advertisement
Does he still play football? He's listed on the Ohio Bobcats roster but he has no stats through 2 seasons & doesn't have social media. I liked him but something weird happened & Holley took his spot.

Advertisement
Does he still play football? He's listed on the Ohio Bobcats roster but he has no stats through 2 seasons & doesn't have social media. I liked him but something weird happened & Holley took his spot.
Not sure where he is now but that Tunsil guy was his "handler" along with a bunch of other Bahamian kids. They all transferred high schools a bunch and committed and decommitted from colleges if I remember. Bad guidance for sure.

He had an awesome game early in his career against Central which got people excited about his upside. But when he hit the camp circuit it was clear he was not a Miami talent.
But didn't we offer him because of his performance at Paradise?

Advertisement
Back