Class Impact: Corey Flagg to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
This defense can take a step with a great coaching and recruiting corner and backers coach
Got to get the horses as well we need both but this is like dorito being the HC. I don't think Diaz would give up his defense.

On offense he would on defense pride gets in the way.

Corey Flagg was the leader and the general of his high school team. Mature beyond his years, makes all the right plays and reads. Who cares that’s slow beyond belief. He’s what we need at Miami.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Flagg didn’t play that bad for a true freshman. He can get a little faster with Feeley. I just wonder why some of yall don’t have that same energy for pope and jon ford. They been here years and what do they contribute?

From these videos, his dissection of plays was pretty solid. I saw minimal false steps in these clips. He processes info a lot quicker than Jennings and McLoud.

Advertisement
Our younger guys always play faster than the older players in our defensive system. Once they get there hands on them they start to play slower and only flashed fresh soph years because they don't really know the system and played with instincts. This means our system is garbage not the players. There is no way our younger guys look better coached better prepared than our older players whom after 5 years of being coached in the same system know the plays better than Manny himself " Zach Mcloud".

I knew that the linebacker crew (Jennings & McCloud) was going to kill us this game. Brooks and Flagg were better than the starters.

Bolden was awesome and if it wasn’t for a great punter like Hedley, which he kept flipping the field with his no return deep punts, they score 60 on us on a short field.

Amari Carter targeting killed us also.

Venables went all in shutting down the TE and the run and dared our ****** receivers to beat them. Expect teams to copy that even though they don’t have the Clemson athletes.

Advertisement
This is what frustrates me with Blake Baker...

You find a gem like Flagg at a powerhouse school like North Shore & then you just never recruit there again...

Baker is literally from Houston & hardly ever offers any Defensive players from down there, it makes no sense. And Houston is a region mind you, that has just as many NFL players as Miami/Broward & produces just as many, if not more high level talent in every class.

But it seems to me it might be a Manny issue, Manny probably only wants certain players & stresses on only recruiting certain regions, idk for a fact but when you look at our LB & CB recruiting over the last 4 years something just doesn't add up philosophically.

And it's not like kids from that region wouldn't be interested or are all staying home because they're not, Bama, Clemson, LSU, UGA, Oh St & Auburn have all made a killing down in HTown, especially with UT, TAMU & Baylor being down.

This is what frustrates me with Blake Baker...

You find a gem like Flagg at a powerhouse school like North Shore & then you just never recruit there again...

Baker is literally from Houston & hardly ever offers any Defensive players from down there, it makes no sense. And Houston is a region mind you, that has just as many NFL players as Miami/Broward & produces just as many, if not more high level talent in every class.

But it seems to me it might be a Manny issue, Manny probably only wants certain players & stresses on only recruiting certain regions, idk for a fact but when you look at our LB & CB recruiting over the last 4 years something just doesn't add up philosophically.

And it's not like kids from that region wouldn't be interested or are all staying home because they're not, Bama, Clemson, LSU, UGA, Oh St & Auburn have all made a killing down in HTown, especially with UT, TAMU & Baylor being down.

Yea I don't get these guys. Miami has had some nice players from Texas starting with Armstead and my favorite cane of all time Kevin Williams. Tremain Mack Daryl Jones etc. Armstead and Williams were from Dallas but yeas they need to hit Texas up for some of those speedsters they have. Instead they settle for clown players like Harley.

Advertisement
Back