Class Impact: Brieon Fuller exits

View as article
Advertisement
We're seeing more and more kids get offers at younger and younger ages. It's only natural to assume that some of these kids aren't going to develop according to plan. The "cold shoulder" is probably the best option for all parties involved. The coaches don't have to pull the scholarship and the player gets to say it was his decision. If a kid doesn't have to honor his commitment until signing day, a staff shouldn't have to either.

South Florida 3 Stars are 4.5 Stars everywhere else.
sorry but that is highly exaggerated. this area is so highly recruited that there are hardly any under the radar guys. some borderline 3 stars might be 4 stars in some other places but i don't think it is as easy to generalize anymore.

sorry but that is highly exaggerated. this area is so highly recruited that there are hardly any under the radar guys. some borderline 3 stars might be 4 stars in some other places but i don't think it is as easy to generalize anymore.

There are under the radar guys everywhere across the country. But the thing is in South Florida, we have the opportunity to heavily observe these kids and make our own judgements. When a kid plays 1000 miles away, it's much harder to see them -- you have to go more by ratings and word of mouth.

There are just too many players across the country for the ratings gurus to see them all. Sure, on average, I'd love to get all five stars guys, but the reality is that's not going to happen, and there are so many lower rated guys that end up being studs.

Advertisement
And this is a trend, as far as “Player A stopped hearing from the staff, decomitts”

How many schools operate this way? I’m assuming it’s routine. But it’s a delicate balance. If a coach outright drops you and tries to be up front, it can look like a lack of loyalty to someones pledge even if they try to do the right thing and the evaluation simply changed.

But this just looks like a lack of integrity when a kid essentially gets ducked until he gives up and moves on. All these kids handle it really well, fwiw. Very mature.

That's how we got Dean from Bama.

Advertisement
Back