Class Impact: Brieon Fuller exits

It's unfortunate about Fuller, but it's a sign that our talent upgrade is in a good spot. We're still not at champion contending depth yet (4 stars up and down the roster on the 3rd team), but we are getting there. And WR is one of our bright spots so no need to over sign just to bring in bodies. We can finally be picky after years of desperation.

Bring in 2 or 3 studs at WR and save the ships for DL and CB.

Surge 19 should be the last class of filling holes. 20 and out should just be annual replenishment.

Advertisement
Lock down Payton and put all chips on Ladson. If we don't land him, we can afford only 1 WR this class with what we have on roster, Richards as a true athlete and the 2020 class stacking up nicely.

From TOS--
"For a few weeks, the idea of a de-commitment by Brieon Fuller had begun to feel more and more real. The 4-star wide receiver, once the prized member of Miami’s Class of 2019, hadn’t visited the Hurricanes in months and Miami hadn’t visited him either."

"The Hurricanes didn’t send coaches to Doral (Fla.) Academy Preparatory School during the contact period and Fuller didn’t visit Coral Gables, Fla., on March 24 for Miami’s invite-only junior day event."

"Charles Njoku, 3 stars, Wayne Hills (N.J.)"
"Another player Miami has yet to offer, Charles Njoku has clear ties to the Hurricanes. David Njoku, the 3-star wide receiver’s oldest brother, was a standout tight end for Miami and now plays for the Cleveland Browns. Evidence Njoku, another of the athlete’s brothers, is a rising sophomore wide receiver for the Hurricanes."

"The 6-4, 200-pound rising senior from Wayne Hills (N.J.) High School could visit for a spring practice this month and plans to make it to South Florida for Paradise Camp in July. Njoku, who also plays some defensive back, could be a logical backup plan for Ladson given his similar build. Rutgers is out front for now, although it would certainly change if Miami was to offer."

Advertisement
Plus Imo Mark Richards is gunna want to start on offense, which means he'd play WR.

Payton, Ladson, and Richards as an athlete would be what I want. If we don't get Ladson, maybe Dunmore. Otherwise I'm fine with just going for the elite Wr prospects and just taking Payton and Richards. 2020 class is loaded
Personally I want Richards at Safety but he could be an explosive weapon on offense. Let him try RB or WR if he wants. Heck let the kid play LT if he wants to. Just sign Richards.

"Charles Njoku, 3 stars, Wayne Hills (N.J.)"
"Another player Miami has yet to offer, Charles Njoku has clear ties to the Hurricanes. David Njoku, the 3-star wide receiver’s oldest brother, was a standout tight end for Miami and now plays for the Cleveland Browns. Evidence Njoku, another of the athlete’s brothers, is a rising sophomore wide receiver for the Hurricanes."

"The 6-4, 200-pound rising senior from Wayne Hills (N.J.) High School could visit for a spring practice this month and plans to make it to South Florida for Paradise Camp in July. Njoku, who also plays some defensive back, could be a logical backup plan for Ladson given his similar build. Rutgers is out front for now, although it would certainly change if Miami was to offer."
With all due respect, having a similar build doesn't necessarily make Charles a legit backup plan for Ladson bloodline notwithstanding.

The thing with Charles Njoku is that this year we are not giving out many ships at WR. Payton and Ladson is the plan. If we don't sign Ladson, we may stand pat with 1 WR.

I would love to see a kid like Charles Njoku as a PWO with David paying his way.

With all due respect, having a similar build doesn't necessarily make Charles a legit backup plan for Ladson bloodline notwithstanding.

The thing with Charles Njoku is that this year we are not giving out many ships at WR. Payton and Ladson is the plan. If we don't sign Ladson, we may stand pat with 1 WR.

I would love to see a kid like Charles Njoku as a PWO with David paying his way.

Statement was not by me that's why I put in in quotes from TOS.

Advertisement
**** I would offer Charles as an athlete. If he's 6'4'' 200 already, this kid will be a beast once he hits the weight room. Worst case he's a special teams ace and rotational player with NFL bloodlines.

I know stars do not always equate to players on the field and 3-4 committs probably get bumps before year out, but a little scary to me with 9-- 3 stars and 1- 4 just does not stack up as a top ten class.
feel the same way but I think most people are really high on the film on these guys

Personally I want Richards at Safety but he could be an explosive weapon on offense. Let him try RB or WR if he wants. Heck let the kid play LT if he wants to. Just sign Richards.

I agree with that, though I do think Richards wants to play offense. He went to the 3 stripe camp and showed out as a RB, and participated in the opening as a WR.

But yeah, signing him is the first hurdle. Worry about where to play him later.

Is Fuller not that good or sumthn? He's ranked pretty high

As Stefan stated in the article the kid hasn't been testing great and ran a 4.7, couple that with the **** that went down when he committed leads me to believe the staff doesn't believe this kid is worth the head-ache.

Advertisement
I agree with that, though I do think Richards wants to play offense. He went to the 3 stripe camp and showed out as a RB, and participated in the opening as a WR.

But yeah, signing him is the first hurdle. Worry about where to play him later.
Yeah I mean I would like him to play safety.
I for sure don't think he will ever play RB or be needed to play RB. WR or S is his position for sure.

Richards will be the Jabril Peppers of this team. He will play offense and defense.

feel the same way but I think most people are really high on the film on these guys

Film and the offers our commits have strongly suggests there are some bad ratings. Like Sam Brooks as a low 3*, lol.

We're also in shape for a lot of highly ranked kids though.

But it seems like ratings get worse every year. As a Soph, J Burton wins WR MVP of the Atlanta Opening, and fastest man, beating out a bunch of top talent a year older, and 247 DROPS him 100 spots. Wow.

I can tell you Georgia's class is already ridiculously overrated. Dominick Blalock would be a 3* if he played in South FL and committed to us, yet somehow he's a 5*. It's a joke.

Advertisement
I know stars do not always equate to players on the field and 3-4 committs probably get bumps before year out, but a little scary to me with 9-- 3 stars and 1- 4 just does not stack up as a top ten class.

South Florida 3 Stars are 4.5 Stars everywhere else.

From TOS--
"For a few weeks, the idea of a de-commitment by Brieon Fuller had begun to feel more and more real. The 4-star wide receiver, once the prized member of Miami’s Class of 2019, hadn’t visited the Hurricanes in months and Miami hadn’t visited him either."

"The Hurricanes didn’t send coaches to Doral (Fla.) Academy Preparatory School during the contact period and Fuller didn’t visit Coral Gables, Fla., on March 24 for Miami’s invite-only junior day event."

Was he invited?

We should go after John Dunmore
I agree, but this would be the same situation as Ladson, not a sure thing, as he is projected to fsu. I really think oos schools can sell SoFl kids on being the featured guy, whereas here, not that it's not the case elsewhere, local kids know the players and just feel they would have to share the spotlight. I'll be the guy in say Clemson. I'll be sharing the WR spotlight in Miami.

I agree, but this would be the same situation as Ladson, not a sure thing, as he is projected to fsu. I really think oos schools can sell SoFl kids on being the featured guy, whereas here, not that it's not the case elsewhere, local kids know the players and just feel they would have to share the spotlight. I'll be the guy in say Clemson. I'll be sharing the WR spotlight in Miami.

Dunmore will be bust in college.

Advertisement
Back