Class Impact: Anthony Solomon exits

South Florida kids losing the dog in them. Easy to go to front running programs. Takes a special breed to stay home and help rebuild
I feel you but nah how long are we rebuilding then. Kids want to win it’s simple and Miami hasn’t been consistently for over a decade now. Let’s stop with the excuses can’t expect these kids to commit here when we even see the sh*t show going on.

Advertisement
South Florida kids have always gone to front running programs this isnt new. We didn't start locking down South Florida kids until Howard and Jimmy started winning.
You are correct. Howard understood The State of Miami. Local kids bought in. But, as you mention, top talent has been leaving South FL for years.

You are correct. Howard understood The State of Miami. Local kids bought in. But, as you mention, top talent has been leaving South FL for years.

Yeah but I think we need to start separating dade from broward kids. Broward kids are clearly cut from a different cloth. Hard to lump them all into one category (i.e. sofla kids).

Yeah but I think we need to start separating dade from broward kids. Broward kids are clearly cut from a different cloth. Hard to lump them all into one category (i.e. sofla kids).
Curious how you mean this? I don't live down there any longer, but I am very much in touch. Not looking for an argument, I honestly love to learn. Thanks!

I'm honestly happy for the kid. Initially, I wanted to be ****ed, etc, etc....BUT, these are the times guys. It is what it is. I actually feel like we will be alright. It was a botched year, no excuses. My concern is solely focused on whether the staff and players learn from this year and shift their mentality going forward. I should have plenty to prove going forward. They should be motivated. I can't sit here and say Richt doesn't give a ****. You don't coach on this level and be happy w/ eating losses. I feel like he was simply not focus on ball like he should've. He was more focused on off the field affairs, like the indoor facility. I think he was over-confident and overlooked required development of his team and ran **** on autopilot. I think this team balls out next year and has an outstanding recruiting class. Top 3. Bookmark this. Also, we need to get that loyalty BS out of our vocabulary. This is not the 90s or early 2000s. We are in the information age where everything is image and impulse. Everything comes easy. Kids simply want to be affiliated w/ the best and most prominent schools. Until we handle business on the field, kids will always flip flop. Even if win, they will.

These kids have no problem reppin their area codes all day, but somehow don't want to do it at the school in the area. They could be helping Make Miami Great Again, but would rather talk about being from Miami and making somewhere else great.

Advertisement
Is this kid a rat for the DEA or something?

must be.

if a kid legitimately weighs his options, is honest and chooses the place that is best for him and his life? I have ZERO problem with that. We all have the right to make decisions for our own lives based on our intellect and our conscience.

BUT if a kid commits, spends months pledging his loyalty, and then pathetically reneges on that? I have no sympathy and wish nothing but horrendous failure and misfortune for him.

sorry if that offends anyone. IDGIAS

Last edited:
These kids have no problem reppin their area codes all day, but somehow don't want to do it at the school in the area. They could be helping Make Miami Great Again, but would rather talk about being from Miami and making somewhere else great.

No offense, but when kids decided to stay home, what have we done w them? Nothing but cost them $ in the NFL.

It’s time to start waking up. How in tf can we expect a kid to commit to us, when this program is not committed to winning? Clappy, Shannon, Golden, and now a washed up Richt have stained this program.

Richt looked good on paper b/c of his résumé; however, it was clear as day that Richt has taken a step back in coaching over his last 6 yrs at UGA going 54-24 (.690 winning) v. going 90-27 (.777 winning) his first 9 yr, hence he was fired. The IPF was cool, but as I continue to tell ppl, facilities are a cherry on top. These kids care about coaching and getting them to the next level. If facilities were the end all to be all, then North Western, Oregon, South Carolina, Nebraska, and Kansas football would be having the top 5 classes every single year. Oregon is, now, getting this class b/c of Mario and Mario is a helluva recruiter. But if Oregon keeps losing 4-5 games/yr, they’ll flop too.

We can’t keep saying “Help bring The U back”; that’s been talked about for 15 yrs now!! When we start showing we’re bringing The U back by stopping w these safe hires, and these safe hires not doing chit to change their own safe staph hires, then we can expect kids to stop leaving the nest, and elite kids from other states wanting to come join.

Advertisement
One thing I dont understand keeping a kid like this Solomon whose all but been begging for the flip to Michigan or a Brownlee who has been set on going anywhere but to the school he was committed too

No offense, but when kids decided to stay home, what have we done w them? Nothing but cost them $ in the NFL.

It’s time to start waking up. How in tf can we expect a kid to commit to us, when this program is not committed to winning? Clappy, Shannon, Golden, and now a washed up Richt have stained this program.

Richt looked good on paper b/c of his résumé; however, it was clear as day that Richt has taken a step back in coaching over his last 6 yrs at UGA going 54-24 (.690 winning) v. going 90-27 (.777 winning) his first 9 yr, hence he was fired. The IPF was cool, but as I continue to tell ppl, facilities are a cherry on top. These kids care about coaching and getting them to the next level. If facilities were the end all to be all, then North Western, Oregon, South Carolina, Nebraska, and Kansas football would be having the top 5 classes every single year. Oregon is, now, getting this class b/c of Mario and Mario is a helluva recruiter. But if Oregon keeps losing 4-5 games/yr, they’ll flop too.

We can’t keep saying “Help bring The U back”; that’s been talked about for 15 yrs now!! When we start showing we’re bringing The U back by stopping w these safe hires, and these safe hires not doing chit to change their own safe staph hires, then we can expect kids to stop leaving the nest, and elite kids from other states wanting to come join.[/QUOTE

Like who? Who in the last 7-8 years has underachieved individually here, gotten drafted late, then blown up in the NFL after leaving?

@Go Canes!!

Ur question is irrelevant and misleading. It’s not about what they do at the next level, it’s where they got drafted, b/c if it was about what they did at the next level, then we can easily pick apart UF’s NFLU roster (which we do). The avg. NFL player plays 3 yrs in the league, so absolutely draft position is key.

So I can tell you Chick, Tracy, Duke, Hurns, Bush were all wasted here. I can tell you McCord, Major 9, Benjamin....fck it, why am I even going down this hole w u??

U know who played here and u know what our combined record have been over 15 yrs. Guaranteed if these kids went elsewhere during this chit era, they would’ve been drafted higher. If Duke played at Bama w his production here, winning rings, he’s getting drafted top 2 rounds at the latest. Same w Chad. The NFL have been getting Miami players on the cheap for a minute now. U’d be a fool to say otherwise.

Advertisement
@Go Canes!!

Ur question is irrelevant and misleading. It’s not about what they do at the next level, it’s where they got drafted, b/c if it was about what they did at the next level, then we can easily pick apart UF’s NFLU roster (which we do). The avg. NFL player plays 3 yrs in the league, so absolutely draft position is key.

So I can tell you Chick, Tracy, Duke, Hurns, Bush were all wasted here. I can tell you McCord, Major 9, Benjamin....fck it, why am I even going down this hole w u??

U know who played here and u know what our combined record have been over 15 yrs. Guaranteed if these kids went elsewhere during this chit era, they would’ve been drafted higher. If Duke played at Bama w his production here, winning rings, he’s getting drafted top 2 rounds at the latest. Same w Chad. The NFL have been getting Miami players on the cheap for a minute now. U’d be a fool to say otherwise.

I’m not a fool and I disagree. A couple of guys were hurt by D’no’s scheme but Duke left here as the all time career leader in yargade. Hurns had a monster senior year. Thomas also has a fantastic year before going pro.

The NFL could care less where you played college ball. They care about how you project forward.

Duke would not have been a first rounder if he’d played at Bama, sorry. Based on his size, Benjamin went where he should have. For the most part a huge majority of the guys, with the exception of Hurns, have performed commensurate with their draft position.

The issue hasn’t been player development here lately. It’s been game day coaching.

Advertisement

We can’t keep saying “Help bring The U back”; that’s been talked about for 15 yrs now!! When we start showing we’re bringing The U back by stopping w these safe hires, and these safe hires not doing chit to change their own safe staph hires, then we can expect kids to stop leaving the nest, and elite kids from other states wanting to come join.
Good points. These kids were in diapers and pull-ups the last time we were relevant.

Advertisement
Back