Class ceiling?

Just ****ing around with the class calculator...and not that any of this really matters because on paper is one thing but evaluations and development matter just as much or more, but I'm a numbers guy so I like to move stuff around and see what shakes out.

What do you guys think is the absolute ceiling for this class?

I added Garcia, Maason Smith (yes I know he's almost definitely not coming), T2 (yes I know he's almost definitely not coming), McGhee, and Payton.

Gives us a score of 285.79. Right now, there are only 3 teams with a higher number than that (of course, ton of moving parts between now and when the ink dries). Bama, OSU, and LSU are the only 3 above 285.

For reference, the 2018 class which finished #8 in the country had a score of 280.87.

So I think that's pretty much the absolute (and probably unrealistic) ceiling. But even adding Garcia, Payton, and another 1-2 decent prospects gets us into the top 10, almost certainly. Which would be an INSANE job by the staff, all things considered.

Where do y'all think we end up? I will say when it's all said and done, we sneak inside the Top 10. Probably at #10 or #9, IMO. We're 13th right now, by the way.

Advertisement
Just ****ing around with the class calculator...and not that any of this really matters because on paper is one thing but evaluations and development matter just as much or more, but I'm a numbers guy so I like to move stuff around and see what shakes out.

I added Garcia, Maason Smith (yes I know he's almost definitely not coming), T2 (yes I know he's almost definitely not coming), McGhee, and Payton.

Gives us a score of 285.79. Right now, there are only 3 teams with a higher number than that (of course, ton of moving parts between now and when the ink dries). Bama, OSU, and LSU are the only 3 above 285.

For reference, the 2018 class which finished #8 in the country had a score of 280.87.

So I think that's pretty much the absolute (and probably unrealistic) ceiling. But even adding Garcia, Payton, and another 1-2 decent prospects gets us into the top 10, almost certainly. Which would be an INSANE job by the staff, all things considered.

Where do y'all think we end up? I will say when it's all said and done, we sneak inside the Top 10. Probably at #10 or #9, IMO. We're 13th right now, by the way.
I agree with you, I think we'll sneak into the bottom of the top 10

Think we end up around #7 or #8 again. Some teams will close with good prospects down the stretch and overtake us at the last second.
Think this ranking is our future ceiling as a program unless the new likeness rule really takes off for us..... or south florida kids realize it isn't cool to talk trash about your hometown team.

Advertisement
Think this ranking is our future ceiling as a program unless the new likeness rule really takes off for us..... or south florida kids realize it isn't cool to talk trash about your hometown team.
We’ll never out recruit Bama, Ohio State, Clemson, etc. But we could be a team hanging inside the top 10 every year.

And that’s fine. A good staff with perennial top 10 classes and a difference maker at QB can attain any goal you’d have as a program.

Advertisement

I feel good about finishing with Garcia, T2 and Payton. T2 wants to be here and that wins out as I heard coaches have repaired some hurt feelings from the past. McGhee isn’t coming and Rumph will hopefully be replaced with someone who can land corners, I leave it at that. As far as Mason Smith goes, miracles do happen and if he picks us what job by stroud and Diaz selling him on the scheme and our boosters getting the family all set up in beautiful Sunny coral gables. But the 3 I believe will get puts us at 275.02 which puts us currently at #7 and that’s pretty dang good!

I agree but I’ll say that’s a **** of a ceiling for not being a big time bag school and more then enough talent to win a title as will always be over the 50% ratio. Of course winning a title with that talent is with the right coach and staff. The jury is still out on the current one.

Advertisement
Advertisement

You are starting to act like a Gaytor

Bama 2021 recruiting class features six five stars.

Five of them are either the best player in their state or the highest ranked at their position, the sixth is 2nd ranked at his position. Three of those six play in Florida.

Its the highest ranked recruiting class that Nick Saban has ever produced at Alabama. (according to the avg 247sports composite ranking)

Advertisement
Back