Confirmed Clark to Portal

Darnell Jackson is the only transfer that hurts but we've lost 19 n only brought in like 6. We need more bodies, especially with the hard practices n suspect s&c.
Disagree. Garcia hurts and if he ends up in a gators uniform I may cry

Advertisement
Would have been one injury on the iOL from playing, He's had games where he's looked nice...but a little too overmatched a little too often. Some rough film at times and some comical skates. Then he was have stretches where he's doing his job. I think he might be a better G5 guy, but could oddly see a P5 team pick him up, too...you don't get OL with that many starts in the P5 in the portal...so he might have a market.

Wish the young man success wherever he lands out of the Portal. He knew the writing was on the wall when Lee committed from UCF. As others have said, he needs much better film if he thinks he has a shot at the league. Not endorsing he does, just trying to understand why he is tapping out and looking for greener pastures is all…

Advertisement
Play better and you’ll get some NIL offers. Name, Image and Likeness. Nobody outside his parent, and Miami football fans know this dude. Therefore, his name, image and likeness cease to exist. Bye ✌🏾
Easy now. He was a decent player, who maxed out IMO. Wish him luck and hope he gets some NIL cash. Seemed like a good kid. It’s a shame he was always dealing with nagging injuries.

BTW I wasn’t taking a shot at the kid. I was just laughing at the post he made somebody put on here.

I honestly think the portal needs regulated and the 1 year sit out rule needs to come back. Wont be blatant free agency & we don’t need the portal with Mario at the helm. He is building an army. In a few years we should be able to out athlete most teams regardless of what Neanderthal is calling plays
Call your dealer. He sold you some bad ****.

You might want to throw it out.

Advertisement
IMO We need another interior o lineman in portal that can play center in a pinch now that Clark is gone. If we landed Lew I would be fine taking a chance between the two TF’s Lew and Tripp but losing Lew hurts even worse now

IMO We need another interior o lineman in portal that can play center in a pinch now that Clark is gone. If we landed Lew I would be fine taking a chance between the two TF’s Lew and Tripp but losing Lew hurts even worse now
We just picked up Lee and last year we took Sagupaulo and Denis are both more suited to play center than anything else. Plus Tripp that gives you 4 centers.

Advertisement
Wow whatever happened to position competition??? We won’t be back until we have true hardcore position battles. We need players that want to compete and understand that the competition they will experience will not only make them better and maximize their potential it will do that for the entire team.

This one hurts a little, especially for depth purposes, even if Lee was brought in with the understanding he was most likely going to be the starting center. He would have most likely been the first or second off the bench if someone got injured. So, do we now need to hit the portal again for another center? Dennis, Big Baby, and Sagapo(other Oregon transfer) looked so horrible last year at center, I doubt they will ever give us quality minutes there.

With all that being said I wish him the best of luck as I wish almost every player that transfers from UM. I always want players to succeed after leaving UM. They chose to play for UM but sometimes it’s better for both parties for them to move on. Hopefully, with Mario recruiting much better, we won’t have so many reaches and this won’t happen as often. Also, if the NIL rumors are true and he isn’t getting anything, I don’t know how anyone can blame him in this new age of college football.

GO CANES!!!!

Wow whatever happened to position competition??? We won’t be back until we have true hardcore position battles. We need players that want to compete and understand that the competition they will experience will not only make them better and maximize their potential it will do that for the entire team.

This one hurts a little, especially for depth purposes, even if Lee was brought in with the understanding he was most likely going to be the starting center. He would have most likely been the first or second off the bench if someone got injured. So, do we now need to hit the portal again for another center? Dennis, Big Baby, and Sagapo(other Oregon transfer) looked so horrible last year at center, I doubt they will ever give us quality minutes there.

With all that being said I wish him the best of luck as I wish almost every player that transfers from UM. I always want players to succeed after leaving UM. They chose to play for UM but sometimes it’s better for both parties for them to move on. Hopefully with Mario recruiting much better we won’t have so many reaches and this won’t happen as often. Also, if the NIL rumors are true and he isn’t getting anything, I don’t know how anyone can blame him in this new age of college football.

GO CANES!!!!
Position competition died with the portal and the removal of the “sit for 1 year” rule

This isn’t just the canes this is every program in the country. Really can’t blame them either especially Clark as a grad transfer

Advertisement
LT-Zion Nelson/Matthew McCoy
LG-Jalen Rivers/Tommy Kinsler/Laurence Seymour/Frankie T.
C-Matt Lee/Jonathan Denis/Logan Sagapolu/Antonio Tripp
RG-Javian Cohen/Anez Cooper/Ryan R.
RT-Francis Mauigoa/Samson O./Matthew M.

It’s more of some people (I think) wished he atleast tried to compete to keep his job during spring, and then transferred. But imo Clark made the right decision for him.
Gotta hop in now IMO. Waiting until Spring is too risky esp for a guy like Clark who isnt exactly Javion Cohen on the market. He can use this time to search for a new team and take his time. Waiting until after Spring only gives you a few months to find a destination.

That said, the Center spot belongs to Lee now. I see what Luke was talking about when he kept throwing shade at Mario on Footballville a few days ago about "cutting guys". Clark definitely got "cut". lol. He actually seemed like he wanted to be here.

Advertisement
Back