Cj Hampton - 2014 Safety

U

User-4525

@_Hamp4dEM: 5 Official Visits💯🏈 http://t.co/tW418fEdGA

273.jpg

Couldn't find highlights but is a high ranked kid with good offers. Currently committed to Ole Miss but doesn't look that strong of a commitment. Long shot but a good visit & some wins can go a long way.

http://247sports.com/Player/CJ-Hampton-21481

Advertisement
Good that we're getting an OV.

It's gonna be hard pulling him out of SEC-country though.

Does anyone know if we actually have a punchers chance with him? He was not included on the "Numbers Outlook" tread.

Advertisement
Does anyone know if we actually have a punchers chance with him? He was not included on the "Numbers Outlook" tread.

There's always players who come out of nowhere, nobody would've thought we had a chance with AQM at this moment last year...

Idk how legit his interest is, but the fact that we get an OV mean there is a chance, as little as it can be.

I gotta say, I think it's weird to see an Ole Miss commit paying attention to Stanford.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Well LSU jumped into the mix for him this week.

http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ssf/2013/09/lsu_offers_ole_miss_safety_com.html

LSU offers Ole Miss committ

The safety position is one of major need for LSU in the 2014 class and in an effort to fill that need, the Tigers extended an offer to one of the nation's best prospects Wednesday in Ole Miss commitment C.J. Hampton. The 6-2, 195-pound prospect from Meridian (Miss.) is being courted heavily by Alabama despite being an Ole Miss commitment and the Tigers made things even more interesting by officially offering Hampton Wednesday night.

"I talked to Corey Raymond and he told me that my offer is official," Hampton said. "It's equivalent to an offer from Alabama. Both are real big schools and they are really interested in me and my family."

While the offer from the Tigers comes well into the process, it is an offer Hampton has been wanting for some time. Now that the two parties have hooked up and began the process of becoming familiar with one another, he has the want to familiarize himself with the LSU program.

"I'm trying to make it down for a game or two," he said. "I want to get a good feel for the place. I'm going to give LSU a really good look. I'm checking out a couple options other than Ole Miss and everybody knows that. I'm going to take it one day at a time and see what happens."

The admiration for the Tigers program is obvious when talking to Hampton. The success that LSU has had over the past decade is built around the defense. That is something Hampton has taken notice of.

"Seeing them turn good DBs into great DBs and seeing how often they do that is powerful," he said. They produce first round picks from that school and it is a big attraction."*

Last edited:
He is trying to decide whether to an official to Miami or Bama next weekend.

Not a great game to OV on. Would like for it to be the VT game, should be a lot more people there

Yeah I hope he visits Bama first as long as he does not commit to them. The stadium for the Savannah game will be bad,

They play Colorado St so neither will be competitive so it may be a toss up unless he's willing to wait till the GT game but that's in 3 weeks

Advertisement
If he is considering Miami and Stanford academics are at least in the equation, correct? It amazes me when kids are all across the board with their top choices. Having a football team seems to be the only common denominator. Some schools scream $$$, others academics.

Advertisement
Back