CIS report on WQAM - 8/16

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
IMG_3500.jpg

I joined Alex Donno on yesterday's Canesinsight report presented by CanesWear.

http://cbs.streamguys.com/d/clips/4...942b98c60af9435_5341606_TpM4vnWi__0000000pJek

Advertisement
Advertisement
I love what Pete had to say about the QB's. I'm paraphrasing, but something along the lines of, "Whoever wins the QB job, we will be ok. None of the guys are bad."

I love what Pete had to say about the QB's. I'm paraphrasing, but something along the lines of, "Whoever wins the QB job, we will be ok. None of the guys are bad."
He said they have improved from the spring. Rozier has thrown the most ints, nkosi has thrown the least amount of ints

Last edited:
He said they have improved from the spring. Rozier he thrown the most ints, nkosi has thrown the least amount of ints

Rosier throwing the most picks is the polar opposite of what Jon Richt and Rumph have said about him. Who is right?

Advertisement
Pete why have you been giving out terrible info on the QB battle this whole off season?? Why have you been ****ting in rosier?

He said they have improved from the spring. Rozier he thrown the most ints, nkosi has thrown the least amount of ints

He also said none of the candidates to start will make a fool of themselves, and that all of them have made plays in practice. Frankly, that's an all around positive. I just don't recall the exact quote because I heard it last night live.

Rosier throwing the most picks is the polar opposite of what Jon Richt and Rumph have said about him. Who is right?

They literally said nothing about INTs

Rumph said Rosier stopped turning the ball over in a radio interview yesterday.

Advertisement

Rumph on the QB’s. Most telling quotes I’ve seen so far

So, Mike, who’s going to start at quarterback and how’s this group looking overall?
“I think Malik Rosier is doing a good job. He’s the vet.. But I think [Evan] Shirreffs is neck-and-neck with him. Shirreffs is right there because he has that leadership ability, throws a good ball, showed some toughness in those scrimmages when we were live and were able to hit him. He bounced right back and threw the ball even better.
“And N’Kosi Perry is doing a great job, too. He has a young, strong arm, extremely strong arm. He loves the deep ball and makes some plays that are incredible. But I think the game is going to have to slow down for him. We’re throwing a lot at him as a defense. Once the game slows down I think throughout the season there are going to be some times where we’re probably going to need him to step up and play, if not start.
“But right now, I like Malik. He’s been a lot more safe with the ball and not turning the ball over and making good decisions.’’

Read more here: UM?s Ahmmon Richards, others, ?can freakin? fly.? Mike Rumph?s take. | Miami Herald

This^
Broke, how many incompletions have the qb's thrown throughout camp? I just figured since you're there everyday, you might be keeping this stat as well.

Advertisement

Rumph on the QB’s. Most telling quotes I’ve seen so far

So, Mike, who’s going to start at quarterback and how’s this group looking overall?
“I think Malik Rosier is doing a good job. He’s the vet.. But I think [Evan] Shirreffs is neck-and-neck with him. Shirreffs is right there because he has that leadership ability, throws a good ball, showed some toughness in those scrimmages when we were live and were able to hit him. He bounced right back and threw the ball even better.
“And N’Kosi Perry is doing a great job, too. He has a young, strong arm, extremely strong arm. He loves the deep ball and makes some plays that are incredible. But I think the game is going to have to slow down for him. We’re throwing a lot at him as a defense. Once the game slows down I think throughout the season there are going to be some times where we’re probably going to need him to step up and play, if not start.
“But right now, I like Malik. He’s been a lot more safe with the ball and not turning the ball over and making good decisions.’’

Read more here: UM?s Ahmmon Richards, others, ?can freakin? fly.? Mike Rumph?s take. | Miami Herald

Richt the Younger also made mention of Perry being a little loose with the football in terms of carriage (and of course the oft-mention under center snaps) - maybe that's what Rumph is alluding to regarding Rozier and "not turning the ball over", rather than actual INTs?

This^
Broke, how many incompletions have the qb's thrown throughout camp? I just figured since you're there everyday, you might be keeping this stat as well.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/peter-ariz/id951088868?i=1000382889798&mt=2
Pete says it at 6:39 of this interview

Pete did say that Rozier had thrown the most INTs. He also said he patterned his basketball game after Dion Waiter's game. Was an enlightening report.

Advertisement
Back