CIS Mongoloids: "Golden Doesn't Throw Players Under The Bus"

The players don't speak and stand up like men for their beliefs in playing to players' strengths.
you say [Coach], what are you doing
Blades opines that it's up to Golden to let players be MEN!

No retribution to players for standing up to speak from the heart!

"When it's 3rd and 1 and these guys are still 15 yards deep, are you kidding me?" Bennie Blades said. "I don't care who [players] are, if you're a 10-year-old kid, you say '[Coach], what are you doing?' we gotta get back to playing real Hurricane football."

Advertisement
081315+adam+kuperstein+bennie+blades.jpgNBC 6's Adam Kuperstein interviews former Miami Hurricane Bennie Blades.

Former Hurricanes Football Star Bennie Blades Gives Advice to Al Golden

Miami Hurricanes legend Bennie Blades isn't bailing on Al Golden, but he has specific concerns he wants to see the Canes coach address this season.
"A lot of times last year [players] were put in very uncomfortable situations," Blades told NBC 6.
Hurricanes Release 2015 Football Schedule
Blades, a College Football Hall of Famer, and member of the 1987 National Championship team, says he had lunch with Golden and expressed his opinion.
"I love Coach Golden, love him as a person, but sometimes tough decisions have to be made," he said. "A lot of these guys are going off to the [NFL] and they're becoming all-pros and you wonder, 'man, why couldn't he do that at Miami?' but he wasn't put in that position."
O-Lineman Gadbois Dismissed By Hurricanes
Blades said he heard from a lot of Canes players who wanted to play a different style but told him "if I do it, coach is going to bench me."
"His whole thing is, these kids don't have the heart that we once had when we played in the 80's, 90's and early 2000's. my advice was 'hey look, the buck stops with him,'" Blades said.
Miami Hurricanes Launch Partnership With Adidas
One of the most frustrating situations for Blades during last year's 6-7 season involved defensive formations.
"When it's 3rd and 1 and these guys are still 15 yards deep, are you kidding me?" he said. "I don't care who you are, if you're a 10-year-old kid, you say 'man, what are you doing?' we gotta get back to playing real Hurricane football."
Duke Johnson to Enter NFL Draft
Blades also pointed to the 2nd half of the Florida State game. a game that Miami lost after leading by 16 points.
"You have 'em beat and then all of the sudden your game plan changes to where we're not aggressive anymore, we're sitting back," he said. "We as players question 'what are coaches doing?'"
Despite the concerns, Blades is excited about this upcoming season. He loves what he's seen from sophomore quarterback Brad Kaaya. in fact, he says he went to the spring game and did something out of the ordinary.
"I never take pictures with current guys. I had to take a picture with Brad Kaaya because he reminds me of a young Vinny Testeverde," he said.
Blades said Kaaya is "confident when he comes into the huddle. A confident quarterback can win games when most people think he can't."
Blades' biggest concerns about this year's Hurricanes are the inexperienced offensive and defensive lines. However, he has very high hopes for starting safety Deon Bush.
"I gave him my cell phone number. I told him I'll be at every game critiquing you," Blades said. "I think this kid can have a breakout year and he can be something special. I told his dad, 'I'm tired of going to the Jim Thorpe Award every year and there's not even a UM player invited.'"
Blades won the Jim Thorpe Award for the nation's best defensive back in 1987. He was a two-time college All-American, selected 3rd overall in the NFL Draft by the Detroit Lions where he became a Pro-Bowler in 1991.
See the full interview with Bennie Blades on Sports Final this Sunday at 11:30 p.m. on NBC 6.

"See the full interview with Bennie Blades on Sports Final this Sunday at 11:30 p.m. on NBC 6"

Does anyone got the bootleg interview; heard it's circulating at the Hecht's

Golden is a despicable human being. Zero accountability - it's always someone else's fault.

Advertisement
Golden is really a piece of ****. For years, he has been leaking negative information to Barry Jackson about specific players to cover up for his failures. I can't wait until he is out of here.

Advertisement
@AKuperstein: Blades says he had lunch w/Golden "His whole thing is, these kids dont have the heart we once had when we played in the 80's, 90's and 00's; My advice was 'hey look, the buck stops with him,'" Blades said.

Will the players still be #Bonding and #Brothers when they find out their coach thinks they have no heart?

As long as he keeps the pool parties and ice cream trucks coming, they will just brush it off.

Bennie went full blown heel attack on Fat Foldo like Ken Patera hammering Hulk Hogan with a chair after their arm wrestling match.

Advertisement
This ******* guy sits across from a legend, who is no doubt pressing him about last year's failures, and Golden has the balls to throw his entire team under the bus as an excuse? LMAO.

He's become such a slimy lowlife it's hilarious. What's miraculous is Saban, Meyer, Jimbo, Briles, Patterson, etc have no problem finding these elusive "kids with heart."

Imagine being a player and reading this ****? I don't know how any parent would sign their name to let their son play for this scumbag.

Advertisement
This ****ing guy sits across from a legend, who is no doubt pressing him about last year's failures, and Golden has the balls to throw his entire team under the bus as an excuse? LMAO.

He's become such a slimy lowlife it's hilarious. What's miraculous is Saban, Meyer, Jimbo, Briles, Patterson, etc have no problem finding these elusive "kids with heart."

Imagine being a player and reading this ****? I don't know how any parent would sign their name to let their son play for this scumbag.

That might be Al Golden's most embarrassing moment. And this is the guy who lost to Virginia as an 11 pt favorite.

Advertisement
Back