CIS FSU fans

Advertisement
I’m convinced a lot of it is generational. For those of us who grew up in the early 80’s hating the Criminoles is a way of life, a badge of honor. These kids that started watching Miami these last 20 years or so will never understand the ire and disdain we have for that school because they never got to experience the wars/battles we had with them. It doesn’t help that I moved from south Florida to north Florida in the early 2000’s so now I’m around these idiots every day. Every Saturday I have two simple wishes: A Miami win, and a Semenhole loss. It’s that simple. If those two things happen it’s been a blessed day. I once owned a hat for almost every ACC team so I could taunt FSU fans when they were playing them(true story). The depths of my hatred towards FSPoo knows no bounds, and that’s something this younger generation will never truly understand.
For me, it's only exceeded by the gator. They're even farther removed from when we played them annually. They don't remember:
  • the flop,
  • the frozen orange that beaned Coach Brodsky in Gainesville. Howard was so ****ed he called a timeout in the closing seconds of a blowout to kick a meaningless field goal,
  • the change of our annual Thanksgiving weekend game to early in the season because they didn't consider us a rival (even though we had a longer annual series with them than any other team including SEC teams),
  • their threat of cancelling the game because of an imbalance on home and away games due to a gator home game being cancelled during World War 2. They insisted on one of our home games being played on a "neutral site" (eventually played in Tampa in 1984, full of gator fans),
  • For good measure (although irrelevant because it's F$U), their talk of cancelling the F$U series for similar reasons. It was only stopped by a resolution by the Florida house requiring them to play F$U every year.
Others older than I can add to the list.

Advertisement
Hope the Noles stub their toes so many times that they challenge Deion for lack of biped digits.

Last edited:
If FSU's only loss is to us, they will have an amazing recruiting class. We won't flip anyone from them. They will be a more difficult competitor on the trail. This isn't even a question.

If you're rooting for them to win, you're happily running the risk that they are undefeated if we don't manage to beat them.

Total insanity. Only our fanbase.

Take it a step further. If we are FSU's only regular season loss, there's a good chance they still end up in the ACCCG. And a win there means a very strong chance at the CFP.

Wanting them undefeated for our match-up is pure lunacy.

I disagree completely. It's a rivalry. It doesn't matter what the rankings are, what matters is we beat them. I don't care to see them succeed...I care to see us beat them... that's the BEST thing for this program in many ways.

Prove me wrong
They didn’t need us good to make noise and win a natty. And we don’t need them.

Advertisement
I'm guessing this dude posted before the conclusion of last nights game, either way he might have just cursed his boy...

1696172500526.png

If FSU's only loss is to us, they will have an amazing recruiting class. We won't flip anyone from them. They will be a more difficult competitor on the trail. This isn't even a question.

If you're rooting for them to win, you're happily running the risk that they are undefeated if we don't manage to beat them.
Facts, but both of us can be right. Because

if Miami does manage to beat a highly ranked FSU team “this year” ,

EVERY SINGLE Miami fan on this board, including you, will point to that game as one of the justifications for why Miami should get into the playoffs. It is also a game we will point to for why Miami is a valuable take in realignment. Yes, I believe millions if viewers on prime time tv watching Miami is a positive and a win, well that would change the perception (currently not respected) of the program .

Its the same reason folks are posting about Texas A&M being 4-1. We hate Jimbo just as much as we hate the Noles because he is a Nole but we are happy that the win vs them is of quality.

Last edited:
Advertisement
To NorthEastCane: Yea, I totally understand where you’re coming from. My dislike for both runs deep, but I would say the only difference, for me, is that I at least have a modicum of respect for FSU. If you look at Florida’s history they made a living off of ducking, dodging, and running from competition. I wish I could remember where I saw this stat once that said Florida went 20-something years without playing a ranked OOC opponent AWAY from The Swamp. That’s weak. FSU’s rise was similar to ours in the sense that every year they would schedule the elites of college football. Anybody, anytime, anywhere was Miami’s motto back in the day. Florida’s motto was cupcakes/at night/ and always at our place. Remember, the Gators even tried to get FSU off their schedule until legislators stepped in.

Last edited:
The only way we keep those trailer trash from the playoffs is merciless exposure at The Doak. I was counting on Duke to do us a Solid but the Effing Domers decided to end a gifted Duke QB’s season and help the Crab Thieves go undefeated.

They won’t face a serious Defense until they meet us. Their Clowntard Secondary won’t face anyone like TVD because of what Notre Dame did last night.

We need to focus on our business one game at a time. F$U’s time will come.

It is strange and confusing that some of our fans want FSU to win and be good.

As a collective group of Canes fans these four teams are our most hated.

1. Florida
2. FSU
3. Notre Dame
4. Ohio State

Not a single one of us has ever wanted Florida, Notre Dame, or Ohio State to win a single game. We regularly express our hatred for those teams and wish them to fail, yet some of our fans want our biggest rival to win games and have success. Doesn't make any sense to me.

Advertisement
Facts, but both of us can be right. Because

if Miami does manage to beat a highly ranked FSU team “this year” ,

EVERY SINGLE Miami fan on this board, including you, will point to that game as one of the justifications for why Miami should get into the playoffs. It is also a game we will point to for why Miami is a valuable take in realignment. Yes, I believe millions if viewers on prime time tv watching Miami is a positive and a win, well that would change the perception (currently not respected) of the program .

Its the same reason folks are posting about Texas A&M being 4-1. We hate Jimbo just as much as we hate the Noles because he is a Nole but we are happy that the win vs them is of quality.
That's true.

I'd also point to any opponent ranked highly for justification, as well as our won/loss record.

I may be way too riled up about this, but FSU is- amd has been- our most direct competitor program for decades.

If we MUST play them when they're nationally competitive, so be it, and bring it on. But actually pulling for that scenario, never.

That's true.

I'd also point to any opponent ranked highly for justification, as well as our won/loss record.

I may be way too riled up about this, but FSU is- amd has been- our most direct competitor program for decades.

If we MUST play them when they're nationally competitive, so be it, and bring it on. But actually pulling for that scenario, never.
But FSU is literally our only opportunity for that this year. Im not pulling for FSU at all, but considering I think we can finish the season in CFP talks, I'd much rather beat FSU while they're highly ranked than beat them when they arent.

In terms of recruiting, if we beat them head to head, regardless of what they have done in any other games, that will give Mario the perfect opportunity to flip whoever.

Advertisement
Back