CIS experts told me it is impossible to get faster

Advertisement
Advertisement

This is just a few examples from that article but people commonly talk about high school 40 times. A lot of players can improve their times greatly while adding weight from what they were in highschool. Look at greedy, jackson and redwine numbers

Advertisement
Yes, it happens, and with so meany players out there its easy to compile a cute little list. In reality the average improvement is only around .10 seconds.

runners will always increase strength and technique to better there times, Im sure the coaches and teammates knew these guys could run from jump street. Out of HS u get an idea if guys r fast by film not times but u cant be running 4.7's at db or skill positions IMO if u want to be elite. With college training they can improve there times a bit especially if they didnt know how to run a forty or do any drill properly.

To me the 10 yard split for DL is hella more important than anything (at least for me), 40's are an idea if a guy can run well but to me get off is the most important thing. Like the 3 cone and 20 yard shuttle are better indicators if a wr can make a cutin and out of routes quickly. You can explode in a straight line but if you can’t make cuts in and out of your routes your a one trick pony. Odell had did the cone drill in 6.69 secs and the shuttle in under 4 That’s freaky and elite...a guy like Dorsett can beat him in a 40 but u cant run in straight line vs top comp.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He doesn’t play freakish that’s the problem , definitely don’t want the Bucs to draft him
He needs to be drafted as a 4-3 end. Not physical enough to play inside and he is definitely athletic enough especially now since he slimmed down.

Advertisement
And they have a list of guys who numbers wasn't much different than hs. Homer is a example.

Travis Homer, RB, Miami (4-star, No. 240 in 2016 247Sports Composite)

The Opening Regional 2015

HT/WT: 5-11/195 | 40: 4.48 | Shuttle: 4.03 | Vertical: 37.8

NFL Combine 2019

HT/WT: 5-10.5/201 | 40: 4.48 | Shuttle: 4.31 | Vertical: 39.5

And they have a list of guys who numbers wasn't much different than hs. Homer is a example.

Travis Homer, RB, Miami (4-star, No. 240 in 2016 247Sports Composite)

The Opening Regional 2015

HT/WT: 5-11/195 | 40: 4.48 | Shuttle: 4.03 | Vertical: 37.8

NFL Combine 2019

HT/WT: 5-10.5/201 | 40: 4.48 | Shuttle: 4.31 | Vertical: 39.5
Well if I remember correctly didn’t homer have some sort of illnes/injury or something that caused him to lose a bunch of weight(right around the time richt got hired?

It’s idiotic to say people don’t get faster. You never see a high schooler making the finals at the olympics. Usain Bolt was fast as **** in high school but not nearly as fast as 22-23 year old bolt. It’s common sense as you get older most people get stronger and faster. And a lot of high schoolers have terrible running technique. There’s an art to running fast times in the 40 or 100m. Most kids are just going out and running. Injuries are the biggest reason why some people don’t improve but in general most will get faster in college.

Advertisement
Back