CIS D-Day - February 17, 2023 - “Meat” at the Titanic!

Advertisement
That Smoked Fish Dip is on point...would've been better off with that than Miami Best Pizza...

My friend, I KNOW you are old enough to remember when Miami's Best was good (other side of US 1), but it has been "not that great" for a good long while. And I do know you are an expert in such things, but we were calling it "Miami's Beast" back when I was in law school in the 1990s.

The one I used to love was D'Pizza (across the street from UM, next to Burger King and Book Horizons), primarily for the pasta. You could get the pasta and garlic knots for $4 with a coupon from The Miami Hurricane newspaper.

Good times...

Advertisement
Advertisement
My friend, I KNOW you are old enough to remember when Miami's Best was good (other side of US 1), but it has been "not that great" for a good long while. And I do know you are an expert in such things, but we were calling it "Miami's Beast" back when I was in law school in the 1990s.

The one I used to love was D'Pizza (across the street from UM, next to Burger King and Book Horizons), primarily for the pasta. You could get the pasta and garlic knots for $4 with a coupon from The Miami Hurricane newspaper.

Good times...
I used to KILL it when it was on the other side of US 1 back in the day....completely different

Advertisement

Good times...
now you are are talking. D'Pizza was fantastic, then walk 10 feet next door to Krispy Kreme.

Advertisement
Was it a sausage? Cotechino?

My mom's side of the family is mostly German, with some Italian. My great uncle's family had a meat store in Soulard Market in St. Louis since the 1920s (it's now just a spice shop). Used to go there with my grandfather all the time to get different kinds of sausages and cold cuts, it's one of my favorite childhood memories of the summers I spent visiting family in the Lou.
It might have been a sausage and that just might be it. It sounds correct.

Baaaaaasically a true story. I'm not sure if Garo made all the sales himself, but he got into fashion/clothing while he was a player and did fairly well with it afer retirement. Those were the days when you had to supplement your income as a football player, PLUS Joe Robbie was notorious for paying horrible salaries.
Buoniconti and Newman went to law school - the kicker sold shirts.

Advertisement
Back