Is ******* still band?
***?
Homosexual?
Transvestite?
*****?
Bisexual?
Transsexual?
Asexual?

That's an awful lot of the LGBTQ community, right there. bAndrew may end up cancelled.

Advertisement
Our starting quarterback’s last name is banned by the filter because a portion of it is a ******* slur word.

Tyler Van ****

🤦🏻‍♂️

Holy shît you can’t even type the proper lesbîan word nor lesbø
🙄
Lezbeehonest for a moment shall we?

This new filtering policy will help CIS achieve things never dreamed of before.

#WatchTheFinish
#WatchTheMemes

This new censorship "policy" on CIS has, undoubtedly, proved one thing:

We have way, way, way too much time on our hands.

Advertisement
bAndrew has to do what he thinks is best. He’s asked for feedback separately. I’d think that there’s a point he can find which doesn’t affect CIS negatively as to ads and is less restrictive because I think this is way overkill. It’s their site though so it’s up to them.
Can’t even post the name of the Premier League leaders because of bAndrew’s dumb filter policy.

I’m old enough to remember Dmoney celebrating this site as the best free Canes site on the internet, when he broke away from the Bakas site. It’s ok to be a sellout, just do it with a modicum of intelligence.

Can’t even post the name of the Premier League leaders because of bAndrew’s dumb filter policy.

I’m old enough to remember Dmoney celebrating this site as the best free Canes site on the internet, when he broke away from the Bakas site. It’s ok to be a sellout, just do it with a modicum of intelligence.
I don’t disagree with it’s gone way too far. I can tell you that as I understand it, he’s trying to understand what exactly gets flagged and costs them and what doesn’t so that he can make decisions. My fear is that it will take to long to make those determinations if he goes that route. On the flip side, he’s working on a filter that will allow people to decide if they want to see it or not and that would let the words back in. That’s how it was here years ago. Now, if that happens, I’m going to have to stop writing shît and fûck and write it out as it’s supposed to be. Everyone will or they’ll get us in trouble which means Maudes will need to enforce proper spellings of curse words. My autocorrect turns shi t to shît automatically.

There’s no other way if he does this - people will have to do it as he is saying or be banned. He’s not going to toss his ad money in the trash to appease us at our complete convenience. We’re going to have to participate by rules.

Advertisement
I don’t disagree with it’s gone way too far. I can tell you that as I understand it, he’s trying to understand what exactly gets flagged and costs them and what doesn’t so that he can make decisions. My fear is that it will take to long to make those determinations if he goes that route. On the flip side, he’s working on a filter that will allow people to decide if they want to see it or not and that would let the words back in. That’s how it was here years ago. Now, if that happens, I’m going to have to stop writing shît and fûck and write it out as it’s supposed to be. Everyone will or they’ll get us in trouble which means Maudes will need to enforce proper spellings of curse words. My autocorrect turns shi t to shît automatically.

There’s no other way if he does this - people will have to do it as he is saying or be banned. He’s not going to toss his ad money in the trash to appease us at our complete convenience. We’re going to have to participate by rules.
I’m with you, and think you’re a reasonable guy. However, the highlighted sentence is the fatal flaw of every media company that doesn’t get that its customers have a choice.

Let me get this straight...

- Mountain View douche bags, who really deserved to be punched repeatedly, don't like a word on a website(s)
-- Said punchable douches do "something" to said "offending" website(s) that drives less search results/ad revenue??
- Said website(s) are then forced to make a choice: 1) bend the knee to punchable douches in Mountain View; or 2) take a stand and live with reduced/no revenue

Do I basically have this right?

Holy cow if accurate. Like seriously holy cow for our society.

Last edited:
Let me get this straight...

- Mountain View douche bags, who really deserved to be punched repeatedly, don't like a word on a website(s)
-- Said punchable douches do "something" to said "offending" website(s) that drives less search results/ad revenue??
- Said website(s) are then forced to make a choice: 1) bend the knee to punchable douches in Mountain View; or 2) take a stand and live with reduced/no revenue

Do I basically have this right?

Holy cow if accurate. Like seriously holy cow for our society.
I mean That’s how I’m interpreting it.

Advertisement
I mean That’s how I’m interpreting it.
If anyone thinks changing these people in Mountain View et al for how corrosive amd damaging they are to society, by "talking it out", they are delusional.

Last edited:
If anyone thinks changing these people in Mountain View et al for how corrosive amd damaging they are to society, by "talking it out", they are delusional.
As I interpret things, if they flag you enough for content, either they knock you in the rankings or they don’t send you the better ads or both??? I’m no SEO guy but if you’re considered crude, as determined by the search engines, the better advertisers themselves find you less desirable and won’t pay for it or will pay less. Maybe @CreativeCane knows how this works???

As I interpret things, if they flag you enough for content, either they knock you in the rankings or they don’t send you the better ads or both??? I’m no SEO guy but if you’re considered crude, as determined by the search engines, the better advertisers themselves find you less desirable and won’t pay for it or will pay less. Maybe @CreativeCane knows how this works???
Sad to say but not my area of expertise, but sounds reasonable to me.

I have developed a small add-on that allows users to elect to view censored words or not. By default the profanity filter is turned on and you will need to turn it off under preferences.

With this change we will be cracking down on users purposely altering words so that users who choose to keep the filter on see the swear word. To be clear, this is against the rules and you will be help accountable if you do so. This also does not change the policy against personal attacks so don't start.

Last, this isn't permission to use racists, anti-semitic, and homophobic slurs. Using these terms is still against the rules, regardless of your race, gender, religion, or any other identifying class.

Thank you

Advertisement
Back