Cincy loss our 99 ECU loss

Advertisement
Some perspective may be needed.
At least shed some ray of hope if any is left.
But in 99 this program under Butch lost to ECU.. The week before they had the heart breaking loss to PSU on a last minute bomb to Chaife Fields where a young Ed Reed took a bad angle.
Anyhow, 99 was looking promising.. Beat up on what turned out to be an overrated OSU team only to follow it up with 3 straight losses one of them being to a "Mid Major" ECU team. And that 99 team wasn't lacking talent either. But they lost.. Then they went on to lose @ FSU.
Sounding familiar?
But something miraculous happened after. They managed to turn it around after somehow seeming like Butch at Miami was a lost cause and the program would never be back. But that wasn't the case. If I remember correctly the banners started flying during that 3 game stretch.
Fans were at a fever pitch calling for Davis's head.
After those loses when all seemed lost the team went on to only loss 3 games in a 3 and half year stretch or 45-3 record.
Who ever would have thought would be the case after losing 3 games one being against ECU? No one..
I'm not saying this will be the case because that was a magical run but all it takes is one game and FSU this saturday night may be it.

Go Canes.

200w.gif200w.gif200w.gif200w.gif200w.gif200w.gif

200w.gif

That 99 Miami team was better then this Miami team that lost to cincy.
They also had Reed, Moss, Wayne, Portis, Morgan, and a lot more players that went on to have long successful careers in the NFL..
Anyways that's besides the point.. The point was during that 3 loss stretch no one would have imagined the program going on the subsequent run they ended going on.

Didnt Miami start the 2000 season ranked in the top 5?

Yes sir they did.. If that 99 team can turn it around after losing 3 games and finish strong enough to be ranked a top 5 team the following year who is to say this team can't do the same?

We're going to have to use our critical thinking skills on this one.

It was pretty obvious to everyone, even after some brutal losses in 99, that the '00 team was special. At least it was obvious to enough football heads to accurately predict a top 5 finish for the 2000 team, before the season even started.

Now ask yourself, is there any possibility across any plane of existence that the 2016 Miami Hurricanes start the season ranked in the top 5?

Maybe not top 5.. But I'll take top 25 for now.

4-8.

Advertisement
But in 99 this program under Butch lost to ECU.. The week before they had the heart breaking loss to PSU on a last minute bomb to Chaife Fields where a young Ed Reed took a bad angle.
Anyhow, 99 was looking promising.. Beat up on what turned out to be an overrated OSU team only to follow it up with 3 straight losses one of them being to a "Mid Major" ECU team. And that 99 team wasn't lacking talent either. But they lost.. Then they went on to lose @ FSU.
Sounding familiar?
But something miraculous happened after. They managed to turn it around after somehow seeming like Butch at Miami was a lost cause and the program would never be back. But that wasn't the case. If I remember correctly the banners started flying during that 3 game stretch.
After those loses when all seemed lost the team went on to only loss 3 games in a 3 and half year stretch or 45-3 record.
Who ever would have thought would be the case after losing 3 games one being against ECU? No one..
I'm not saying this will be the case because that was a magical run but all it takes is one game and FSU this saturday night may be it.

Go Canes.

Seriously, is that you AL? Golden has proven two things, he can't coach and he will not change. Butch was rebuilding Cane football. Golden has spent the last 4 years trying the CHANGE Cane football DNA into psu football. He is on the verge of nothing but further increasing disasters. HIS moment was two years ago in Tally. But in the second half he had NOTHING to offer. Last year he had another chance, a last chance as it turned out against fsu. What happen? Again in the second half he hit the showers and didn't come out. He is not a Cane and has no idea what a Cane is. If he does win in Tally, he still HAS TO GO. Had he made any changes, admitted his **** doesn't work, or that his ideas could be wrong it would be different. This man would rather fail than admit something he believes is wrong. That is fine, but fail somewhere else.

We've had our "99 ECU loss" for 5 seasons in a row now. I guess we are going 11-1 for each of the next 5 seasons.

Advertisement
Some ppl man...

Wake the **** up! This team is garbage. The 99 team would smoke golden by 50.

Sounding familiar?

Go Canes.

Miami's closed the previous year with a great win vs a #3 UCLA team and a convincing win in the Micron PC Bowl vs. NC St.
The win to open the '99 season you spoke of was against a #9 OSU team here in Jersey.
Two of the three losses in that 3 game losing streak came to the #2 and #1 teams in the country on a last second play and by 10 points.
So there was a 7 game stretch which we played 4 top-10 teams. We went 2-2, and could have easily gone 3-1, with the 10 point loss to the #1 Noles. Then throw in the bowl win.

Has this team accomplished anything close to that?
What we have in our 8 games prior is a 3-5 record with a lackluster bowl loss and 3 double digit losses to unranked teams.

Keep on believing. Stay positive.
Hopefully this thing will turn around in the next year or 2. It will not turn around this weekend or any other weekend with this coaching crew running the show.

roam305, go home. You're drunk and just got made to look like an absolute moron.

Advertisement
Sounding familiar?

Go Canes.

Miami's closed the previous year with a great win vs a #3 UCLA team and a convincing win in the Micron PC Bowl vs. NC St.
The win to open the '99 season you spoke of was against a #9 OSU team here in Jersey.
Two of the three losses in that 3 game losing streak came to the #2 and #1 teams in the country on a last second play and by 10 points.
So there was a 7 game stretch which we played 4 top-10 teams. We went 2-2, and could have easily gone 3-1, with the 10 point loss to the #1 Noles. Then throw in the bowl win.

What we have in our 8 games prior is a 3-5 record with a lackluster bowl loss and 3 double digit losses to unranked teams.

Hopefully this thing will turn around in the next year or 2. It will not turn around this weekend or any other weekend with this coaching crew running the show.

So you're telling me that after that ECU loss after being up 23-3 against a team that had practices cut short due to a hurricane that just pummeling the area the week before you were still all in on Butch and had hopes that he was still the man to eventually get us BACK?

Cause I clearly remember the despair being similar to what we're sensing now.

Advertisement
if Al golden wins 8 games this year or next I'll venmo every one of you all a trillion dollars

Sounding familiar?

Go Canes.

So you're telling me that after that ECU loss after being up 23-3 against a team that had practices cut short due to a hurricane that just pummeling the area the week before you were still all in on Butch and had hopes that he was still the man to eventually get us BACK?

Cause I clearly remember the despair being similar to what we're sensing now.
Stop it man just stop..your doing more damage here than your helping....

Sounding familiar?

Go Canes.
The banners flew in 97 at the WVU game. Speaking of that 3 game skid in 99, we also trailed BC 28-0 with 6:18 left in the 3Q before the miracle comeback to win 31-28. So, yeah, UM's turnaround under Butch started with that BC game.

Advertisement
Back