Cincy loss our 99 ECU loss

Some perspective may be needed.
At least shed some ray of hope if any is left.
But in 99 this program under Butch lost to ECU.. The week before they had the heart breaking loss to PSU on a last minute bomb to Chaife Fields where a young Ed Reed took a bad angle.
Anyhow, 99 was looking promising.. Beat up on what turned out to be an overrated OSU team only to follow it up with 3 straight losses one of them being to a "Mid Major" ECU team. And that 99 team wasn't lacking talent either. But they lost.. Then they went on to lose @ FSU.
Sounding familiar?
But something miraculous happened after. They managed to turn it around after somehow seeming like Butch at Miami was a lost cause and the program would never be back. But that wasn't the case. If I remember correctly the banners started flying during that 3 game stretch.
Fans were at a fever pitch calling for Davis's head.
After those loses when all seemed lost the team went on to only loss 3 games in a 3 and half year stretch or 45-3 record.
Who ever would have thought would be the case after losing 3 games one being against ECU? No one..
I'm not saying this will be the case because that was a magical run but all it takes is one game and FSU this saturday night may be it.

Go Canes.

Miami's closed the previous year with a great win vs a #3 UCLA team and a convincing win in the Micron PC Bowl vs. NC St.
The win to open the '99 season you spoke of was against a #9 OSU team here in Jersey.
Two of the three losses in that 3 game losing streak came to the #2 and #1 teams in the country on a last second play and by 10 points.
So there was a 7 game stretch which we played 4 top-10 teams. We went 2-2, and could have easily gone 3-1, with the 10 point loss to the #1 Noles. Then throw in the bowl win.

Has this team accomplished anything close to that?
What we have in our 8 games prior is a 3-5 record with a lackluster bowl loss and 3 double digit losses to unranked teams.

Keep on believing. Stay positive.
Hopefully this thing will turn around in the next year or 2. It will not turn around this weekend or any other weekend with this coaching crew running the show.

Roam, NJ just made you look like a fool.

Advertisement
The reason we closed out 1999 so positively was the rise of two freshmen of extreme caliber who pulled us out of mediocrity. Ken Dorsey and Clinton Portis. Those two went on a tear, especially Dorsey towards the end of 1999. A stud QB can do that. We do not have a stud freshman QB waiting in the wings to take over for Kayaa. This miracle you are praying for will not happen.

OP , did a great but fell short of finishing the deal so I Iwill
Dorsey=Kayaa check
Jackson and Portis= yearby and Walton Check
Moss and Wayne= Scott andd waters check
Frank's= dobard. Check
Webster, Morgan rumph , Reed, Buchanon, Lewis, Walters etc=this band of misfits

Oh and can'tforget Davis=golden check

Can'tbelieve I didn't see this earlier.

Advertisement
Al Golden is 0-12 against ranked teams. 9-36 as a head coach against teams finishing with five losses or less. (This list includes Bethune Cookman, Duke, Arkansas State, GT, and other crap teams.) In summary, Al Golden has never won a game against a team with a pulse. Does this start Saturday? Probably not. How this guy is still employed blows my mind.

Advertisement
I finally decided to click on this thread , and it was just to see if it were a joke or not .

But in 99 this program under Butch lost to ECU.. The week before they had the heart breaking loss to PSU on a last minute bomb to Chaife Fields where a young Ed Reed took a bad angle.
Anyhow, 99 was looking promising.. Beat up on what turned out to be an overrated OSU team only to follow it up with 3 straight losses one of them being to a "Mid Major" ECU team. And that 99 team wasn't lacking talent either. But they lost.. Then they went on to lose @ FSU.
Sounding familiar?
But something miraculous happened after. They managed to turn it around after somehow seeming like Butch at Miami was a lost cause and the program would never be back. But that wasn't the case. If I remember correctly the banners started flying during that 3 game stretch.
After those loses when all seemed lost the team went on to only loss 3 games in a 3 and half year stretch or 45-3 record.
Who ever would have thought would be the case after losing 3 games one being against ECU? No one..
I'm not saying this will be the case because that was a magical run but all it takes is one game and FSU this saturday night may be it.

Go Canes.

What a ******* terrible porst this is. Drink sulphuric acid

Advertisement
Sounding familiar?

Go Canes.

Nice try, Jimbo...

OP , did a great but fell short of finishing the deal so I Iwill
Dorsey=Kayaa check
Jackson and Portis= yearby and Walton Check
Moss and Wayne= Scott andd waters check
Frank's= dobard. Check
Webster, Morgan rumph , Reed, Buchanon, Lewis, Walters etc=this band of misfits

Oh and can'tforget Davis=golden check

Can'tbelieve I didn't see this earlier.

This is horribly short-sighted. No one questions the talent on this team. We do however question the coaching staff (lol at comparing Golden to Butch). Also, Scott and Waters don't equal Moss and Reggie Wayne.

Sounding familiar?

Go Canes.

Miami's closed the previous year with a great win vs a #3 UCLA team and a convincing win in the Micron PC Bowl vs. NC St.
The win to open the '99 season you spoke of was against a #9 OSU team here in Jersey.
Two of the three losses in that 3 game losing streak came to the #2 and #1 teams in the country on a last second play and by 10 points.
So there was a 7 game stretch which we played 4 top-10 teams. We went 2-2, and could have easily gone 3-1, with the 10 point loss to the #1 Noles. Then throw in the bowl win.

Has this team accomplished anything close to that?
What we have in our 8 games prior is a 3-5 record with a lackluster bowl loss and 3 double digit losses to unranked teams.

Keep on believing. Stay positive.
Hopefully this thing will turn around in the next year or 2. It will not turn around this weekend or any other weekend with this coaching crew running the show.

So you're telling me that after that ECU loss after being up 23-3 against a team that had practices cut short due to a hurricane that just pummeling the area the week before you were still all in on Butch and had hopes that he was still the man to eventually get us BACK?

Cause I clearly remember the despair being similar to what we're sensing now.

I never said that.
I was not all in on Butch. I wasn't all in on Butch after the loss at UW in 2000. It wasn't till, yes, FSU (WRIII), till I knew we could do some special things.
My point was that at least Butch had a track record of winning big games against highly ranked teams. He had a track record of winning bowl games. This team has done none of that.
I hope you're right, but if that magical run happens it will have come out of nowhere.

Advertisement
Ed Reed took a bad angle on Chafie Fields? Rumph just got burnt.

I was at that game, if we could have just gotten a yard on the previous possession we win the **** game.

I was there too. Even after we punted we had them. The crowd was going nuts. I was banging on the "The City of Miami Welcomes you to the Orange Bowl" sign in the first row of the upper deck. It was LOUD. Their O-line had 2 straight procedure penalties.....then...it happened...

Sounding familiar?

Go Canes.

EXCELLENT POST!

Advertisement
Back